Which crusher to produce BRF (Raméal Fragmented Wood)?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Which crusher to produce BRF (Bois Raméal Fragmenté)?

by Ahmed » 25/08/23, 23:27

Today I tackled the repair of the fixing of the belt casing: initially held by 4 bolts of 6 which are fixed on a plate itself bolted on the side of the crusher, all that ended up no longer holding. I will limit myself to 3 fixing points. Initially I had planned to blow off the welded nuts on the plate, but I'm only going to do it for the one that holds the retaining tab of the motor's electrical cable. After a grinder, I weld the new nut and I prepare a corresponding new bolt...
In 2 other judiciously (?) distributed places, I drill the casing and its support at 4 mm D to be able to install 2 self-tapping sheet metal bolts size 5. The advantage of these bolts is their resistance to vibrations. They are capable of making the installation hole, but the support being quite thick and the practical drilling capacities quite limited, I opted for a more classic solution. The final assembly is difficult because on the flexible sheets it never falls in front; I loosen the first bolt a little and re-drill the 2 holes of the casing at 6 to provide sufficient play: there it is put in place without complaining; the part of these bolts which is used for drilling provides guidance towards the receiving hole. 8)
My big concern, not too planned, is that I can't reattach the engine support whose lights are not correctly adjusted to the threaded holes which receive the bolts (Chinese adjustment!): it is a problem that manifests each time I have to release this support to give the clearance necessary to extend the drive belts. I've already messed up a bolt in this little game and it's really annoying to fight to get those pesky bolts to take...
I resolve to remove the engine and its support to finish it: a good stroke of the file in the right place and there everything now goes up like a flower! :P
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 29/08/23, 22:20

There remained the fixing of the cap. I make it out of a sheet of sheet steel 1,5 mm thick which is a compromise between flexibility and rigidity, the first for adjustment by torsion, the second for resistance to projections. I practice 5 holes spread over two lines for fixing by plug welds. It turns out that my first attempt fails miserably: the holes were a little small, but above all my MIG setting was not good. I had reduced the voltage + amperage a little and above all acted too much on the impedance, so I plugged the holes without affecting* the sheet metal of the support, apart from two holes that were a little stuck... :( I had to rectify the situation quickly with linear grinding on the points: by lengthening the welding bead, I bring more heat and therefore create a better weld pool; naturally, I also rectified the welding parameters. Note that the welding pros settle on a test piece before starting a new series of welds.

* I would have liked to do it, I would have had a hard time! : Oops:

Finally, the clutch control saw its handle (a ring) cut from its bar and resoldered with an offset compatible with the attachment to the stop rod. It will remain to be tested whether the vibrations continue to allow its untimely release or not; in the meantime, I keep the pliers which would allow me to continue grinding if this occurrence persists.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 07/10/23, 22:29

Good! I did a little grinding to see what it was like (and also because the temperature was cooler!). It's positive on both points: the clutch control holds normally, without artifice, and the cap turns out to be correctly adjusted since it performs its function correctly. In this photo, we can see how, in a very practical way, to "spit" the crushed material directly into a garden bag placed on a wheelbarrow (which acts as a booster and can be used for transport); the bucket contains the tools essential for grinding operations and is housed in the hopper during transport and storage.

On the second view, we can notice the now curved shape of the clutch rod (in the disengaged position) and the modification made to the casing (I reversed the counter-curvature which allows the alignment of the support roller, this which no longer fits the width of the original casing: I therefore added a piece in cp).
IMG0110A.jpg
IMG0110A.jpg (320.31 KB) Viewed times 1113
Attachments
IMG0111A.jpg
IMG0111A.jpg (346.36 KB) Viewed times 1113
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 28/02/24, 22:51

Before spring, a little major cleaning of a garden that has been fallow for almost 30 years... Hazelnut trees, blackthorns, ivy and rosehips on the program. The first ones obviously pass without problem, the second ones are very hard, but it doesn't matter, just hold them by the soft end to avoid uncomfortable vibrations. The small end twigs go a little straight, but it's still acceptable... The rosehip, for its part, needs to be handled with care: it is useful to carefully fold the sides so that they don't take from the pile. Concerning the latter, it is advisable to make a separate one for this type of very aggressive thorn; but, having said that, it performs really well when grinding, as even the finest parts are properly chopped (just like ivy). It’s really a big advantage to be able to get rid of this type of plant so easily.
Concerning the black thorns, I only really remove the most annoying ones, because the bees are taking advantage of the good weather to start gathering nectar from the few early plants which are already in flower (but the others will follow very soon)...
1 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 28/02/24, 23:09

A little air on this forum more and more suffocating!
Black thorns, are they the blackthorn tree?
Other than that, any progress in your cardboard shredder? You can respond in the dedicated thread rather than here.
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/02/24, 00:22

sicetaitsimple wrote:A little air on this forum more and more suffocating!

However I posted this: jardinage/plante-a-croissance-rapide-dans-un-jardin-pour-avoir-l-equivalent-de-0-5-a-1-stere-de-bois-par-an-t17079-360.html#p548961
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 29/02/24, 08:55

And what does Silvano Trotta think? : roll:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/02/24, 11:01

Remundo wrote:And what does Silvano Trotta think? : roll:

Uh? Is it a play on words with his first name? : Shock:
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 29/02/24, 11:10

no pun intended,

Mr PasSimple complains about the stifling nature of forum, but loves to make fun of Trotta.

I said that to relax him. He is very funny !
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/02/24, 11:36

Ah?

I think that the subject of wood has been quite mastered by humanity for millennia, Silviano, despite his first name, must not care about this subject...

Well if the mods start trolling it won't work! : Mrgreen:
1 x