How to find a land

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
brinbrin62
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

How to find a land

by brinbrin62 » 28/02/18, 15:30

Hello everybody

Two friends and I, all three at RSA and mowed like wheat, are looking for land on loan in Boulogne (around Boulogne / Mer) to create a small market gardening structure. As you can imagine, it's not easy. I sent a letter to the town halls of the surrounding communes, to the General Council. I think to ask the diocese, the SNCF and some big companies in the area.

If any of you have already started this type of approach, I would be happy to have your advice.

friendships

BB62
0 x
Peace, love and NPK balance in your gardens.
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: How to find a land

by phil53 » 28/02/18, 18:45

I registered on
http://www.pretersonjardin.com/forum-psj.html
but I did not find anything thanks to them. In my area, there are almost no members.
So as said on the wire of the garden, I squat a piece of land. As long as they do not build it's fine. The disadvantage, many vegetables disappear but good one more type of predator.
Good luck
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 28/02/18, 19:00

It's an agricultural project, so you have to get closer to the local agriculture chamber which will then send you back to the safer.
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 01/03/18, 08:45

Forhorse wrote:It's an agricultural project, so you have to get closer to the local agriculture chamber which will then send you back to the safer.

Without a diploma from the agricultural sector, it would be a surprise if they did something.
0 x
brinbrin62
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by brinbrin62 » 02/03/18, 17:05

Yes, none of us three have BPREA. In addition, the area we are targeting is small, below the Minimum Installation Area (SMI). The goal is to eventually create a micro farm at the Fortier, with the "living soil" aspect in addition.

In addition, the Chamber of Agriculture is interested (by its mandate) only those who want to start a business. My two companions and I think to create first an association 1901 and to switch in a second time towards an entrepreneurial structure once the profitability will be more visible.

I will keep you informed of our progress. This may be useful to others. Thank you for your answers.

BB62
0 x
Julienmos
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Julienmos » 02/03/18, 18:30

I saw that, I do not know if it can help you ...

https://shareterre.com/
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 02/03/18, 19:47

the chambers of agriculture and the safer completely despise the small activity ... useless to count on them for help

practical solution, ask directly anyone who has homes on large land if he would not want to rent a portion of their land to make market gardening useful instead of making the lawn that serves no purpose

to rent some garden? At what price ? not necessarily a price in euro, can be a price in vegetables!
0 x
Bardal
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bardal » 02/03/18, 19:57

brinbrin62 wrote:Hello everybody

Two friends and I, all three at RSA and mowed like wheat, are looking for land on loan in Boulogne (around Boulogne / Mer) to create a small market gardening structure. As you can imagine, it's not easy. I sent a letter to the town halls of the surrounding communes, to the General Council. I think to ask the diocese, the SNCF and some big companies in the area.

If any of you have already started this type of approach, I would be happy to have your advice.

friendships

BB62

I do not know much about the situation and customs of Boulogne, but I'm not sure that the path you take is the most effective ...

On the other hand, there are many parcels not too big, of which inherited children or small children of farmers who had a completely different professional orientation; they do not want to sell or rent under agricultural lease, but could easily accept a rental for a symbolic price (some baskets of vegetables for example) to initiators of friendly projects (the projects, but the initiators too ...) .

Approach? Consult the cadastre of the region concerned, identify plots fallow land, and contact their owners ... Much more likely than with administrations, municipalities or companies, whose heritage is often burdened with various constraints limiting their ability to 'initiative...
0 x
brinbrin62
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by brinbrin62 » 03/03/18, 12:35

Yes, I started looking for parcels on geoportail. The cadastre can be displayed over aerial views.

The Boulonnais is not a very favorable corner, because all areas reserved for market gardening since the Middle Ages were concreted in the 50-60 years in the name of economic expansion, as in The Soup Cabbage. What remains is too hilly and is reserved for pastures. Further in the countryside is cereal soil (well, when I say soil, it's a sandy substrate without earthworms). And to get too far from the catchment area is to expose oneself to transport costs that can not be predicted for what they will become in the coming years.

I do not give up.
1 x
Bardal
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bardal » 03/03/18, 14:29

So, if all is impossible, as much turn to another activity, asking for less land ... It is true that looking for agricultural land, market, in the city, it is not obvious ...
0 x