Tim Berners Lee against the deviances of the Internet 2.0

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Tim Berners Lee against the deviance of the Internet 2.0

by Ahmed » 15/09/17, 14:05

Nico, you write:
Anti-terrorism misinformation can also be distilled on the net ... just the opposite.

Unfortunately, whether the propaganda is used for positive * or negative purposes, what remains is that it is a clash of two propaganda, which leaves far behind the substantive issues.

* Positive must be understood in the first degree, because to fight against serious consequences is certainly commendable, except that it is only to avoid the root causes that, therefore, remain and constitute the ferment of improvised salafism.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 15/09/17, 15:02

Still, now we can have access to paintings from around the world and videos of Didier and others from home and I find it great when before we could always brush. Image
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 15/09/17, 17:22

Ignorance and mediocrity were in the past the result of individuals' ignorance of the mechanisms of the world, which was quite understandable and highly forgivable.
The current historical peculiarity lies in the fact that this ignorance is now relayed thanks to a technological tool resulting from human ingenuity and advanced scientific knowledge.
It is this curious alliance which renders the present period so dangerous.
Indeed irrationalism (ideological, religious) and operational rationality (techno-scientific) can give birth to the greatest horrors of history *.

Regarding the development of the net and social networks, even if we can actually rejoice in the dissemination of good ideas, it remains the case that social relations have the desire or not been particularly affected.
It becomes more and more difficult to start a conversation on the train, for example, most people prefer to talk to their smartphones via a virtual social bubble ...
I am not sure of the real gain of the internet.

* The ease of being able to now alter a bacterium, or a virus through biotechnology remains the 1 number threat on the scale of likely danger that can cause the end of humanity.
Except the different forms of millenarianism, Judaica, Christian, Muslim, to see neo-Nazi do not fund good household for example with the development of the genetic scissors CRISPR-cas9.
1 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 15/09/17, 17:53

sen-no-sen wrote:It becomes more and more difficult to start a conversation on the train, for example, most people prefer to talk to their smartphones via a virtual social bubble ...

This is the interpretation of coffee trade Image

People WITHOUT smartphones are not more affordable than people with smartphones ....

It is the interpretation of the image of the people with smartphone that returns a totally subjective projection of closure to others.

But neither more nor less than a person absorbed in a paper novel on the subway ...

Many passengers of the subway WITHOUT smartphone project an image little affordable. Image
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 15/09/17, 20:52

nico239 wrote:
This is the interpretation of coffee trade Image

People WITHOUT smartphones are not more affordable than people with smartphones ....

Coffee talks ah nostalgia!
In a village like mine (2500hab) the bistro have gone from more 60 signs (1900) 2 2017!
But no relation to the socio-economic and technological evolution of course.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 18/09/17, 23:22

Frankly it's the myth of paradise lost there ... Image

I prefer 100 times to make my personal coffee with people with whom I can discuss topics that interest me rather than spend days or evenings with the poivrots at the cafe in my village.

And there are 30 years it was the same ... but in younger, I know I frequented the cafes at that time.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/09/17, 00:27

Well sometimes we can make nice meetings in cafes ... and then it's a moment of relaxation and social REAL also ...
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 19/09/17, 02:09

Yes for village parties, ball competitions and football matches ... we meet those who are interested in village festivals, bowling competitions and football matches which is not unpleasant but small dose and we do not cause phenoculture ... unfortunately

Be careful it's not the Flore here, do not idealize the bars as do the artists who binge on the Ritz with "Hemingway" ...

At Laurette or Tao's Walk is 2% of bars ... villages.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/09/17, 19:50

To illustrate a little bit the above about deviances that allows internet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-2-YsEYEgo
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/09/17, 20:15

Christophe wrote:To illustrate a little bit the above about deviances that allows internet

Waaw I held 2 minutes ... and you?
0 x

Back to "Science and Technology"