Dinosaur extinction: roasted alive at 800 ° C

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/12/10, 16:01

Well, maybe we don't know how to do it faster with current lab technology ... But you're going to stop moaning all the time, didiou !!!

It seems to me that the average standard speed of a "lonely" body in space is around 20 km / h ... After that it is always a speed in relation to what? What fixed point?

ps: ah no I do not believe that the earth goes so quickly around the sun I remember more ... and I am too lazy to search ...
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 29/12/10, 23:11

But you're going to stop bitching all the time, didiou !!!

I do not miss, but I remind you that speed and energy can be greater in a large range.
The speed depends on the origin of the body, our solar system, on infinity at rest in our galaxy, on an ancient supernova, etc.

The speed around the sun is simple 30Km / s:
http://planet-terre.ens-lyon.fr/planett ... -terre.xml

There is an indisputable landmark, that of the big bang 13,5 billion years old, our displacement is 12 times faster.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fond_diffus_cosmologique

Due to the displacement of the Earth in the Solar System, and more generally the displacement of the latter relative to the emission surface of the cosmic microwave background, the temperature of the cosmic microwave background presents a variation as a function of the direction, consequence of 'a simple Doppler effect. If we remove the contribution due to the movement of the Earth around the Sun, then the amplitude of the observed dipole is 3,358 ± 0,001 mK, corresponding to a speed of the Sun of 369 km / s of this one compared to the zone of emission of the radiation. The direction of this dipole is, in galactic coordinates, l = 264,31 ° ± 0,20 °, b = 48,05 ° ± 0,11 °, i.e. 11h 11min 57s ± 23s and -7,22 ° ± 0,08, 276 ° in terms of right ascension and declination. This direction is almost opposite to that of the solar apex, that is to say opposite to the direction towards which the Sun moves within the Milky Way. By taking into account the displacement of the Sun within the Milky Way, we calculate the dipole of the cosmic microwave background with respect to the Milky Way. Its direction is little changed, l = 3 ° ± 30 °, b = 2 ° ± 5,70 ° but its amplitude increases significantly due to the speed of the Sun relative to the galactic center, to reach XNUMX mK, corresponding to a speed of 627 km / s.

Google is not too lazy to search !!!!
0 x
moby25
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by moby25 » 30/12/10, 10:45

What a coincidence yesterday morning I watched a report on the history of the earth. And I also watched a report about extinctions.

It's true that there is a lot of talk about the extinction of the dinosaurs 65 million years ago, but let's not forget that there were 5 mass extinctions. One of the great ones that is often forgotten is that of the Permian about 250 million years ago.

After the latter, where life had already developed well, we almost started from scratch ... They attribute this extinction to the traps of Siberia.

In the last report some scientists say that we are preparing the 6th mass extinction, but it will not be directly due to natural hazards ...
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 30/12/10, 12:09

250 million years ago, 90 to 95% of the species disappeared, to make dinosaurs appear, with gigantic volcanic eruptions (very beautiful and varied emissions on Arte, including one on a meteorite which would have disappeared in a eruption which it started?), extinction spread out on nearly the million years, without clear and clean meteorite, but with gas of the hydrates of methane and enormous greenhouse effect !!!

We must not evaporate or use our methane hydrates in huge quantities accumulated over the millions of years of glaciation past, otherwise the warming will no longer be discussed and our extinction of humans is certain (10 to 20 ° C more, 80m more water and poles at 15 ° C at least !!!!!!)
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 30/12/10, 12:45

moby25 wrote:
In the last report some scientists say that we are preparing the 6th mass extinction, but it will not be directly due to natural hazards ...

This is no longer a hypothesis, we have entered the 6th (subject to other unknown extinction phases) extinction phases, that of the Holocene.
However, don't worry, Monsanto is keeping an eye on things, new replacement animals and plants are patiently waiting in the labs ...
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 30/12/10, 13:00

dedeleco wrote:250 million years ago, 90 to 95% of the species disappeared, to make dinosaurs appear, with gigantic volcanic eruptions (very beautiful and varied emissions on Arte, including one on a meteorite which would have disappeared in a eruption which it started?), extinction spread out on nearly the million years, without clear and clean meteorite, but with gas of the hydrates of methane and enormous greenhouse effect !!!

We must not evaporate or use our methane hydrates in huge quantities accumulated over the millions of years of glaciation past, otherwise the warming will no longer be discussed and our extinction of humans is certain (10 to 20 ° C more, 80m more water and poles at 15 ° C at least !!!!!!)

The challenge would be for humans to “regulate” the greenhouse effect by calling on available resources, led by solar thermal energy. There he would have come to master the future of the planet for a time ...

It remains to preserve "life" as we know it. There we would have to “colonize” and permanently inhabit another auspicious planet or an artificial satellite where life would be able to preserve itself and develop without any outside help ... And this at a “reasonable” distance from Earth (so as is: in our own solar system!).
But for the moment, nothing has been officially found it seems! Will we find that one day on an exoplanet with atmosphere?

In the meantime, this is where we realize the extraordinary comfort that we have of living on our good old Earth : Mrgreen: and at which point, our situation is relatively always very fragile ...
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 30/12/10, 13:30

There have been a number of terraforming projects, but they are more about intellectual exercise than reality.

The most favorable planet for such an experiment would be Mars, nevertheless and according to the calculations carried out it would take at least 100 years to initiate a significant change in its environment!
In addition (I should say rather less), Mars is much smaller than Earth (circumference 21340km against 40000km for Earth) hence a lower gravity, which would not allow man to survive for very long. unless you want to genetically modify humans ... :|

However, or are there plans to reforest planetary desert areas : Arrow: we are still waiting!
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
moby25
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by moby25 » 30/12/10, 14:03

Either way there will inevitably be a new extinction.

In 4,5 billion years the earth has changed terribly. Atmosphere, climate etc ... and 5 massive extinction.

I invite you to watch the report broadcast yesterday on France 5 "Journey to the origins of the Earth"

It really is not bad. It makes you think a lot. We can hardly imagine that the land where we live has experienced so much. There is also a period when the earth was just a scoop of ice.

The earth has 4,5 billion years of life left. during all this time there will be new changes of climates etc ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/12/10, 15:12

moby25 wrote:There is also a period when the earth was just a scoop of ice.

And another where it was a fireball!

Hey yes the planet has "a little" experience ...
I like the comparison with a day. It gives you an idea of ​​our place in earthly history.

And if the Earth was only 24 hours old, modern man (30 years) would only appear in the last 000 seconds. The dinosaurs disappear at around 0.6:23 p.m. (calculations made taking 36 billion years of earth's life)

It is available in stream the report that you recommend? I haven't (yet) found it on http://www.pluzz.fr/

dedeleco wrote:The speed around the sun is simple 30Km / s:

Absolutely but 30 is not 40 so I was right, hey knock :) : Cheesy:

dedeleco wrote:Google is not too lazy to search !!!!

Roh did I upset you? :| Thank you for the research but it seems "hazy" ...
Last edited by Christophe the 06 / 01 / 11, 21: 00, 1 edited once.
0 x
moby25
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by moby25 » 30/12/10, 15:27

It is found on the mule.
0 x

Back to "Science and Technology"