Homeopathy: for or against?

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Homeopathy: for or against?

by Janic » 28/11/15, 10:38

What do the forumors?
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 28/11/15, 12:09

The question is worthy of an IFOP survey ...

The question is not for or against, but:
1) Homeopathy have you tried?
2) If yes for what type of pathology?
3) If so, did homeopathy work for you?
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 28/11/15, 12:19

Hello
The question is worthy of an IFOP survey ...
The question is not for or against, but:
2) If yes, for what type of pathology?

It is fair but this type of survey does not allow it.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 28/11/15, 13:39

No indeed! Thorny question ...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but contrary to what some advocate / believe (dilution & memory) I think that homeopathy goes beyond (memory of stress in our body, or whatever, etc.) so even if it is a discipline which is still in a certain empiricism (and this even if it is not a new discipline, allopathic medicine is as much empirical from certain points of view, I mean on this scale of finesse ), I think there are cases where this can be justified.
(so I'm not against it, but go so far as to say that I would be for Image first read the following :).

First point: you must have a size in medicine to know what to prescribe, when, to whom, why and how.

Because to understand it (without the list of precautions being exhaustive) it is not in vain to recall a certain hierarchy in general health measures ...

What are the priorities to be placed to achieve the optimal objective of a "healthy life expectancy"BEFORE you even think about homeopathy (and in the population pool to which one belongs ...)? And taking into account the very modest possibilities that are his. To be vast, it is vast ... Here are some some:

1) ensure the quality of the drinking / cooking water (our body is made up of> 61% "circulating" water for an adult and at least 15 to 20% "immobile") in addition the human being is heterotrophic, so it needs very little mineralized water, with just the right amount of acidity present (very weakly acidic) for the two parameters to give it ideal conductivity for its assimilation into cells!

2) Cultivate good mental predisposition / health, a happy and loving life with if possible only "positive stress" (and as little oxidative as possible) and if possible a good "spiritual uplift" (from simple yoga mediation to what l 'we want, it's the approach that counts) which is beneficial for all reactions: metabolizations, catabolism, anabolism, etc. and above all to help us respect / understand our natural environment and achieve better self-control, develop good "prevention culture" is one of them;

3) Having a non-deficient food bowl (see orthomolecular medicine, flexitarianism, veggie, Kousmine method or other to study carefully to know what is suitable for HIS metabolism). Organic or not organic for that matter, it's a separate subject;

4) Have a good physical activity (which implies not to "force your body" beyond its limits, because it remembers it, it has a formidable "stress memory" ...) to know its pace to stay in "sport happiness" rather than in "pain sport" (the appreciation of the position of the cursor between the two is not easy to understand, and moreover it is a flexible data ... ).

5) One or more points not mentioned, but considered predominant by some people with regard to their own "healthy living" practices, such as an appropriate lifestyle choice, if it produces the desired effects, and in so far as the measures taken are justified, and be supervised by people of experience: like fasting or whatever ...

6) The area of ​​care & treatment when needed. In which must be integrated the "Culture of prevention" and the type of means to which our practitioner will have recourse in his therapeutic arsenal. And among all this (non-exhaustive list) different things such as acupuncture, self-hypnosis, Fragrant Qigong, even techniques such as yoga, and of course homeopathy, or lymphatic drainage or even different cures of all kinds if each of these means is not of a binding nature prescribed against their personal will or against their free will.

Sometimes the priorities from 1 to 5 above can vary according to the needs and some can / should necessarily go together.

After having set this scene (not totally eh ...) we can better see the general priorities!

Thus, homeopathy is located between the drinking water and the treatment / care area. It is an extremely delicate subject which cannot simply be eliminated by a study which would not have taken into account the complex set (which studies do not generally do, since they are content to examine toxicology and the effects but without going very deep into the analysis, just like low dose irradiation and purely ruled out as a cause of illness by the IAEA in its statistics ...)

So even if the effects in homeopathy were to lie in the "background noise" of statistics, it is surely worth our attention. This is all the more so since until recently, we neglected the quality of water, when it is essential. Questions relating to homeopathy are of this order, but there is no point in removing the straw that is in your eye if you have not removed the beam: so it would be well to first take care particularly in points 1 to 5, which we are sure are the constituent prerequisites of the architecture of our immune system.

Otherwise, if we did not do the elementary before resorting to homeopathy (which must remain of the order of an extremely fine approach to health) it would be a bit like putting frying oil to lubricate a dilapidated and never maintained Formula 1 engine, to then suggest that the quality of the distilled (or homeo) water from the cooling system could save the wreckage ...!

Homeo (= any method using "similar"and dilution or whatever) so any method of this type applied alone would be useless and in my humble opinion (except big luck and limited in time).

RTDC.

PS: so as not to give a frustrating answer, in the order of priorities: at these levels of finesse, we must first seriously question the quality of the drinking water ...! It is surely of the same order of finesse as homeopathy, the health authorities confining themselves to providing a "potable water", generally" very tired "when it arrives at our tap, and most often truffled with sodium hypochlorite .. wow!
Last edited by Obamot the 28 / 11 / 15, 13: 54, 1 edited once.
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 28/11/15, 13:54

It would be interesting to do a survey on the use of homeopathy.
For my part:

Yes (Oscillococcinum Boiron laboratories)

2) If yes, for what type of pathology?

Influenza status

No.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 28/11/15, 13:56

Hi Sen-No-Sen,

Before dealing with homeopathy, did you ask yourself the question of knowing if the influenza state did not previously arise from something among points 1 to 4 that I stated above?

RTDC.
Last edited by Obamot the 28 / 11 / 15, 13: 58, 2 edited once.
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 28/11/15, 13:56

For my part:

Never used homeopathy since my childhood ie for 40 years.
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 28/11/15, 14:25

Obamot wrote:Hi Sen-No-Sen,

Before dealing with homeopathy, did you ask yourself the question of knowing if the influenza state did not previously arise from something among points 1 to 4 that I stated above?

RTDC.

In fact that when I catch cold it is generally by doing sport in winter (moving by bike to work / station: sweating more cooling in the train before cycling again to go to my home), more possibly a big lack of sleep linked to my professional activity.
I have known from the start the cause of this condition but it's always the same, there is always a moment or another where I get "ringed".
It is not always easy to get changed in a station! : Mrgreen:
0 x
pedrodelavega
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by pedrodelavega » 28/11/15, 14:25

sen-no-sen wrote:Yes (Oscillococcinum Boiron laboratories

1 / the oscillococcus. kezako?
2 / 200hp. kekireste?
See below : Arrowd:
http://archives-lepost.huffingtonpost.f ... oiron.html

Hard to digest duck liver:
Boiron signs $ 12 million deal to avoid class action
https://terrassecafe.wordpress.com/2012 ... collectif/
Boiron pills are struggling to get through California
http://www.france-amerique.com/articles ... ornie.html
Last edited by pedrodelavega the 28 / 11 / 15, 14: 32, 1 edited once.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 28/11/15, 14:30

Nobody in this forum to take action against returning trolls?
0 x

Back to "Science and Technology"