A circular cloud in photo

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/11/07, 23:01

Beautiful rabbit !!

By cons I reduced the size ... it was invisionable without a 45 inch screen!

: Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/11/07, 23:03

Uh I did not tilt, my photos also date from November 28 but at 15 p.m.

Precision: Wednesday November 28, 2007, 15:04:48 near Paliseul, probably visible from Bouillon
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/11/07, 23:07

Do you think these phenomena are visible from weather satellites? So on the weather bulletin?

Someone can estimate their diameter?
0 x
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 30/11/07, 23:48

Thank you for reducing the size of the image. I would have liked to do it but I
did not know how.

If you want I have 3 more, but they are very similar since taken a few seconds apart.

Another amazing phenomenon that I have already observed is the
formation of a circular rainbow around the sun.
I have not yet managed to take a picture of it because it is very
short (+ - 30 sec to 1 min max) but it is spectacular.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/12/07, 00:01

Rainbow around the sun? About what dimensions (radius from the sun) approximately?

It makes me think of the following thing: young I often went to the pool and I swam underwater always with my eyes open despite the chlorine ... it stung a little but good ...

After an hour of breaststroke, I saw rainbows on all spots (large halogen or sodium lamp I guess).

It is surely a similar phenomenon ... but I can not say, in my case, if it is linked to chlorine or water ... or both ...
0 x
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 01/12/07, 00:30

from memory the space between the rainbow and the sun and equivalent to 2 times the radius of the sun (seen here below of course). Same for the thickness
of the rainbow. At a distance of + - 10 times this radius there is a
2nd rainbow very pale and the same thickness as the first which is very pronounced.

This happens when the sky is foggy but very high
altitude (which is rare in the Belgian Ardennes).
In 3 years I have observed this phenomenon only 3 times, including one in winter
by du - 5 ° c and 2 times in autumn 2 years ago.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/12/07, 00:42

Ok I think it's nothing exceptional (a simple diffraction by the mist) ... at least less than what your wife, looping and I observed ...
0 x
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 01/12/07, 08:30

Hello

So guys, hat! : Idea:
Your two observations confronted, with different times and forms, enlighten me a little
The shape in figure 9 of the photo of Rabbit makes me very clearly think of the coriolis effect and would effectively translate a slow vertical movement, probably descending
Capt's remark is judicious and reminds me of the film "The Day After" (I think that's the title) in which the catastrophe was produced by vertical descents of polar air.
The hole observed in the cloud layer would be localized cooling and transformation of the condensation into ice
This type of cloud is found at a very high altitude and a change in the state of the water must be rapid and spread easily throughout the layer.
The other hypothesis, or triggering phenomenon, would be the passage of an airliner in circular descent, which would have crossed the layer and modified its properties by the movement of air or the contribution of combustion waste

A+
0 x
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 01/12/07, 19:43

Bonsoir

I showed your photos to a friend for his opinion and he told me that he observed the same phenomenon in autumn 1982
He even took a photo at the time and immediately thought about it when he saw yours
He thinks it's a foehn effect but I'm not convinced

A+

0 x
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 04/07/08, 23:14

Bonsoir

Here is a recent photo that I took, which will perhaps shed some light on the influence of the passage of an airplane through a condensed humid layer of the atmosphere.
To imitate a little another very controversial subject on airliner contrails, I would say that it is an "aspitrail" or "antitrail", as opposed to the ch..trail : Cheesy:

A+
0 x

Back to "Science and Technology"