History of Helicobacter pylori

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 16/12/12, 08:02

elephant hello
Alternative medicines often give interesting results, but the risks are the same, and too often blindly.

Another preconceived idea! How is it possible to say that the risks are the same since for generations these alternative medicines have been practiced without noticeable or minimal side effects such as being an astringent or a laxative for plants? Hippocrates said: " that your food be your medicine and your medicine your food"in a way, all the therapies needed to prevent disease, or fight against them when they appear, are found in the daily diet and this has not changed for over 2000 years.
However, the particularity of these "alternative medicines" is precisely that they are not blind, I would even say that they are more precise than current drugs where the mixture (the synergy) can be pathological while the mixture of alternative medicine does the opposite. It is possible to practice acupuncture, herbal medicine, hydrotherapy, homeopathy, etc. together and each one only enhances the effectiveness of the others.
But there should be a subject devoted solely to this aspect ignored by many! :D
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 16/12/12, 09:56

Hello elephant,
in the case of my wife, it was medicine that "tinkered with":
5 increasingly strong antibiotic cures (plus all the additional exams) without any results.
And in his case, with pistachio gum, it is not a question of relief, but of disappearance of lesions of the stomach ...
In summary, I approach the faculties of medicine, not to include, neither to study, nor to advocate alternative medicine (we know well why).
In short, people deserve prison!
We also know that medical schools are paid by the big pharmaceutical companies. It's intolerable.
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 16/12/12, 11:02

exactly! The vast majority of doctors are incompetent ... in alternative medicine! :x
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 16/12/12, 14:48

Not to repeat everything, we should agree on "alternative medicine"!

My purpose with red yeast rice was not to denigrate. Just to say that when plants are effective, you MUST ALSO pay attention.

In this case, in my case - which is only one case, but it is documented on the internet, both the effectiveness of red yeast rice and the side effect, so I think based on "representative" studies -, red yeast rice had the same efficacy and side effects as a "chemical drug". For a simple reason: red yeast rice naturally contains the statin contained in the drug!

Other interactions and side effects are known: the effect of grapefruit on 70 or 80 drugs; the mechanism is known; fatal cases of overdose (in fact the efficacy of the drug because of record absorption in the presence of grapefruit juice). The effects of Millerpertuis too, which can "interact" ...

So it seems to me wrong to say that with alternative medicines - as far as plants or plant extracts are concerned - there is nothing to fear!

Which unfortunately is a very popular idea!

But it's just a downside. Not a questioning.

Currently, I am taking a cocktail of "chemical" drugs (the only cholesterol with no side effects on my liver that I have found is a "chemical drug" from another, newer family!) And "perimpinpin powders, including I think they have a beneficial effect on my "field" ...).

So I "need" two doctors!

Here.
0 x
rpsantina
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rpsantina » 16/12/12, 14:56

Hello everybody

Janic wrote:exactly! The vast majority of doctors are incompetent ... in alternative medicine! :x

I don't quite share your point of view.

To qualify someone as incompetent, you must have trained them beforehand.
Our doctors are trained in a medicine which:
- Cured some simple pathologies
- but only relieves complex pathologies

It remains to agree on the qualification of diseases, for example for the most common:
Cold ==> Complex subject whose symptoms the doctor relieves the time that your body faces the rest ...

Cholesterol ==> Complex subject of prevention of which only 2% have hereditary origins.
Personal case related to the example of Did67: After 6 years of treatment despite a rigorous follow-up on sugars and alcohols, I took things in hand in a scientific way because my stomach and kidneys were suffering.
Analysis: Most of the food we eat is too refined. As a result, even what we consider to be slow sugars behave like fast sugars in terms of assimilation. Not to mention the sugar put in the white bread ...
Action : Replacement of all white flour products with their equivalent in whole flour and limiting fatty meats and favoring fish.
Result: I lost 7kg in 4 months without depriving myself. My Cholesterol is almost back to normal (Another concept that deserves a full subject). With such a weight loss, I was tired for a few months while the metabolism hit the slap.

I do not pretend to have any truth, but faced with the Statins lobby, I am happy to have come out.

Have a good holiday and beware of food products.
0 x
RPS (Dpt Tarn South 81)
i-Only those who do nothing are never wrong
ii-Anything is possible as long as a little time is spent there
Did67

by Did67 » 16/12/12, 15:09

rpsantina wrote:
Analysis: Most of the food we eat is too refined. As a result, even what we consider to be slow sugars behave like fast sugars in terms of assimilation. Not to mention the sugar put in the white bread ...
Action : Replacement of all white flour products with their equivalent in whole flour and limiting fatty meats and favoring fish.

Yes, yes, I passed all that over in silence, but I agree 100%:

- almost more red meat, blood sausages (I adore!), muzzle salad (I adooooooorais!), charcutiries (eh, Alsatian - I grew up with !!!! =, etc.)
- fresh vegetables / pulses; fruits
- rice, bread, flour, pasta etc ... complete and organic (because pesticide residues are a lot on the outer envelopes)
- I stabilize my weight about 12 kg under that which I had during my infarction, without "more" effort, for 5 years (nothing to do with "yoyo" diets!)
- but my "goal" in terms of cholesterol is drastic: less than 1 mg / l; I can't do it with just the diet, without "molecule"
0 x
rpsantina
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rpsantina » 16/12/12, 15:21

With such a goal, I understand.

Good luck.
0 x
RPS (Dpt Tarn South 81)

i-Only those who do nothing are never wrong

ii-Anything is possible as long as a little time is spent there
Did67

by Did67 » 16/12/12, 17:24

I'm there !!!

Neither poor nor rich. But happy to live.

And I even pay myself the luxury of a regular controlled skid. For my 60th birthday, it's going to be a very craignosse steak, wow, I'm drooling!

[by the way: a "fairly organic" diet - I'm not a green kmerh, to use my favorite expression -, but without red meat and without frozen cooked dishes that are too salty, well, that's not ruinous at all! We have a very reasonable "food" budget. This is "'worth nothing" in euros, chickpeas, lentils, wholemeal pasta, various "tasty" rices ... Well, the steak, it will lead, but we are not 60 every years...]
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 16/12/12, 18:39

I take advantage of your confidence to wish you a happy birthday Image Imageas well as the continuation of your relevant contribution to this forum!
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 16/12/12, 20:03

rpsantina hello
Janic wrote:
exactly! The vast majority of doctors are incompetent ... in alternative medicine!

I don't quite share your point of view.

To qualify someone as incompetent, you must have trained them beforehand.
Our doctors are trained in a medicine which:
- Cured some simple pathologies
- but only relieves complex pathologies

This is what I wanted to express. Incompetent means not having acquired the necessary skills, either because absent in the curriculum, or by indifference to the subject. This is not an accusation, just a finding!
But unfortunately it is often those who do not have the experience who "judge" the value of alternative medicine.
0 x