VAT, a fair or unfair "tax tax"?

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: VAT, a fair or unfair "tax tax"?

by phil59 » 06/01/23, 21:26

Christophe wrote:Oh, do you drive a Kona? What a coincidence !!! : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

If I see very well the problems of others: the kind of crying because the milk is 1€ instead of 0.8€ but with a smartphone at 800€ in your pocket renewed every 12 months...and X telecom subscriptions or digital leisure (netflix and cie...) which add up to 100€ per month...

Do you want me to talk about consumer credit at 20% APR for the "poor" (who want it: consumer credit is to impoverish people)? : Lol:

I believe that you are very far "people".

Usually my smartphone is my wife's old one, who uses it a lot. But never paid more than €250 for his mobile phone. This Christmas, my mother wanted to pay me a phone at 600€, and I took one at 320€ which is more than enough for me, apart from the subscription, which I have at 9.90€ per month.

As long as I didn't need internet for the car on my phone, I had a subscription at €2 per month, from Free, and phones bought at €10-20 max, on sale, that sometimes I unblocked alone, for 0 €.

Going to winter sports, yes, several times, but for example with a car that I had bought for €450 and changed the gearbox a few days before.

No excess. Small resorts, cheap, cheap packages.

My 3 kids went horse riding, skiing, etc.

My 3 kids worked early in summer jobs, and all of them work, and earn their living, and have the studies they wanted.

If you want to be a hairdresser, done, if you want to be a doctor, done. If you know you still have, pass first a BAC, after you will see.

Apart from the "step son" of the first who has had a job for 2-3 years with a fixed salary of €6000 per month, with a CAP, the other 2 have normal salaries, much improved minimum wage, but no more .

All of them have a "own" roof over their heads. 'All' work, because they have this opportunity, and do not live on aid.

But I also know people, who don't work, have a home, live very well, and have a lot of help, and in the end, apart from not being a landlord, have more means than most.

I'm not talking about people who work, where I am, start at 5am in the morning, and don't necessarily have a full-time job, at minimum wage.

These people are very brave, have no helpers ...

If you put 25% VAT on them, you might as well sacrifice them on the altar of despair...
1 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 06/01/23, 21:53

I fear that you are seriously mistaken oh Christophe: VAT applies to second-hand products resold by professionals (subject to VAT, of course) at the same rate as the same new products. It's quite logical: imagine a mason reselling a Manitou that he bought new and on which he recovered the VAT: he will then have to pay the share of VAT on the "unused" part (the value residual of the machine) by deducting it from the buyer and paying it back to the State.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/01/23, 21:55

Ahmed wrote:I fear that you are seriously mistaken oh Christophe: VAT applies to second-hand products resold by professionals (subject to VAT, of course) at the same rate as the same new products. It's quite logical: imagine a mason reselling a Manitou that he bought new and on which he recovered the VAT: he will then have to pay the share of VAT on the "unused" part (the value residual of the machine) by deducting it from the buyer and paying it back to the State.

Did I say the opposite? : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 06/01/23, 22:02

It's not important, but you said however that the VAT for professionals applied only to the services provided during the resale of second-hand equipment and not to the product itself...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/01/23, 22:13

And this is indeed the case: does the professional second-hand seller re-manufacture the object of the sale?
No, it only provides a service…

Same for second-hand real estate: the agency does not rebuild the property and does not bring any added value to the property (except in the case of agencies that do renovation *)…

VAT = Value Added Tax

Their added value is only estimating the price, finding a client and closing the sale…so it's a service.

* Yes yes I know, some garages do some repairs before resale… : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/01/23, 22:21

phil59 wrote:(...)

If you put 25% VAT on them, you might as well sacrifice them on the altar of despair...

I hear you and I understood your message! But why are there so many queues in front of the ishit store for each new ishit model? : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

And 25% is less of other mandatory deductions next to compensation...

Afterwards, it's sure: living with the magic money of debt is better and easier (I'm aiming for the 1st loser, huh)…until the explosion!
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 06/01/23, 22:43

Christophe wrote:Afterwards, it's sure: living with the magic money of debt is better and easier (I'm aiming for the 1st loser, huh)…until the explosion!

It's great, we found a supporter of the VAT increase to reduce the budget deficit!
It deserves that you open a dedicated thread!
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 06/01/23, 22:58

This is true in the case of a real estate agent, since he is not the owner of the property: there would be no reason for him to charge VAT on it!
But a professional subject to VAT is subject to it (but in the opposite direction) when he sells equipment belonging to him.

Concerning the "magic" money of the debt, much more than a simple facility, it has become a systemic necessity (for the usual operation and the repayment of the previous loan) and not only in France, far from it! Without him everything falls apart...
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 06/01/23, 23:04

In hyper, in August, when the "back to school" is paid, you see "full" of big screens passed, liters of Ricard, beer packs, etc...

Is this the generality of the use of this money? No, definitely not, but it does exist.

Who are we to authorize this or that expenditure with the money?

Is it good to spend money to improve a trailer, which in the end, will not save a lot, in the end?

Is it good to buy a kona?

But is it only good to live? Yes.

Against, certain thing, yes, outraged sometimes (a lot) yes.

Do we have a good view of the world? I have my vision.
The current one does not please me, and last election, I put nothing in the envelope.

Voting against is over for me, I would like to vote for, but not against.

When you take part in a recount, sometimes you see beautiful people pass...
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/01/23, 23:55

phil59 wrote:Who are we to authorize this or that expenditure with the money?

It's true: we are nothing, that's the business of politicians or rather politicians!

phil59 wrote:Is it good to spend money to improve a trailer, which in the end, will not save a lot, in the end?

50 cv is not nothing… but I am not going to argue with you on this subject since I started it : Mrgreen:
0 x

Back to "Economy and finance, sustainability, growth, GDP, ecological tax systems"