Disposable batteries VS rechargeable batteries

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

Disposable batteries VS rechargeable batteries

by Christophe » 12/11/10, 12:29

Topic splitted https://www.econologie.com/forums/econologie ... t2282.html

elephant wrote:and not a single charger / battery manufacturer!

But that's the econological gift par excellence: that's what we offered last year to the birth of my wife's nephew!
They were surprised at first ... and then thought we were great!

That's why we propose on the shop (think about it next time, do not wanna have that you have 10% reduction as accustomed to forums): smart batteries and chargers and that the "high end" please ...
Last edited by Christophe the 12 / 11 / 10, 14: 50, 2 edited once.
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 12/11/10, 12:56

Christophe wrote:That's why we propose on the shop (think about it next time, do not wanna have that you have 10% reduction as accustomed to forums): Rechargeable batteries and that the "high end" please ...

Do you have any tests on these NiMh batteries? outside or done by yourself? In particular on the service life and on the efficiency charge / discharge?
0 x
See you soon !
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 12/11/10, 13:24

Bernard said:

Not so sure :-( I don't know of any small "batteries" that hold up ...

Often a bad design of the device, which actually works better under NX 1,5 V than under NX 1,2 V. But it's been years that I use successfully batteries (AA, 2700 mAh) in my camera. I have 2 games of course.
And then, you see, devices designed around the batteries: laptop, phones, cameras, video cameras are quite satisfactory use.

Because at 6-8 euros the package of 4 AA alkaline batteries .... : Evil:

Christophe:

I forgot to say, the electric TV fits in the pocket: it now has its place in the panoply of numbers of craftsmen.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 12/11/10, 14:14

bernardd wrote:
Christophe wrote:That's why we propose on the shop (think about it next time, do not wanna have that you have 10% reduction as accustomed to forums): batteries and rechargeable batteries and that the "high end" please ...

Do you have any tests on these NiMh batteries? outside or done by yourself? In particular on the service life and on the efficiency charge / discharge?

I tested the "standard" NiMh batteries and the "always ready" ones (including those from the store).

The standards, they provide large intensities, but as soon as you store a little too long (1 week or less), they lost their charge.
On the other hand, I never had a bad surprise with the "always ready" ones: they have a little less fishing (for example, it takes a little longer to charge the flash), but in terms of endurance, they are brilliant. : I only load the ones in my camera ~ 2 times a year.
Never worry.
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 12/11/10, 14:22

indy49 wrote:On the other hand, I never had a bad surprise with the "always ready" ones: they have a little less fishing (for example, it takes a little longer to charge the flash), but in terms of endurance, they are brilliant. : I only load the ones in my camera ~ 2 times a year.
Never worry.

I did not know this "always ready" vocabulary applied to batteries, and I would like to know what this means at the technical level on the structure of the batteries.

But when I was talking about testing, I was talking about quantitative testing: what energy is used on the network to charge the batteries, and what energy is actually available in discharge? What evolution over the "cycles"?
0 x
See you soon !
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/11/10, 14:30

bernardd wrote:Do you have any tests on these NiMh batteries? outside or done by yourself? In particular on the service life and on the efficiency charge / discharge?

We use it for our weather station https://www.econologie.com/shop/station- ... p-347.html and our ecowatt 850 https://www.econologie.com/shop/ecowatt- ... p-319.html .
RAS. The 2700 mAh logically hold much more than the

It is very close to alkaline.

The opinions of indy and elephant should convince you of the merits of this innovation.

Now, if you want to do complete tests and you do not believe the information of the manufacturer, you still have the solution: you buy and you do your tests by yourself ...: Idea: Because we are not equipped to do automatic long-term charging / discharging cycles.

ps: we're pretty irrelevant there ... I really want to split the subject ...
Last edited by Christophe the 12 / 11 / 10, 14: 42, 1 edited once.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 12/11/10, 14:39

Bernardd wrote:

But when I talked about test, I was talking about quantitative test: what energy used on the network to charge the batteries,

Infinitely less than the one used to get batteries at the store or used to moan because we do not have it when we need it! : Mrgreen:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 12/11/10, 14:42

bernardd wrote:I did not know this "always ready" vocabulary applied to batteries, and I would like to know what this means at the technical level on the structure of the batteries.

I do not know the technical difference, but in practice, it changes everything.
I only talked about my camera, but we have others in a game remote (loaded 1 times, it will 2 years at Christmas) and other devices.

bernardd wrote:But when I was talking about testing, I was talking about quantitative testing: what energy is used on the network to charge the batteries, and what energy is actually available in discharge? What evolution over the "cycles"?

That, I do not know, but it can not be worse than the alkaline batteries that serve only once ...
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/11/10, 14:45

Yes elephant and it seems to me that the level of energy gray / battery energy, well the batteries are close to 1000 (so we can talk about a recharge performance of the 1 / 1000 alkaline 0.1% without talking pollution or cost of reprocessing induced) ...recharging and using batteries is therefore largely energy efficient.

Now i do not know if bernardd is against the principle of the accuses or skeptical about the alwaysready principle? I did not quite understand his remarks ...
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 12/11/10, 15:12

Christophe wrote:Now i do not know if bernardd is against the principle of the accuses or skeptical about the alwaysready principle? I did not quite understand his remarks ...

In fact, I am rarely for or against something, I try to understand and see where it is most useful.

On the principle of batteries, I am convinced that it is better than batteries, but I have no real measure of their real energy efficiency:

- how much energy is used in charge, compared to how much energy can be used in output?

- And how does this evolve over time?

I agree that the ideal would be for me to do the measurements myself, but there are a number of reasons why I can not, at least for the moment.

But as you are used to concrete tests, I wondered if:

- or you had already done tests yourself,

- or you had access to such tests with your suppliers, or with other organizations (consumer magazines, ...).

This is not a reproach, it's just a question.

And I'm asking you because you're used to doing relevant tests :-)
0 x
See you soon !