"Light" for only food? Documentary

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 26/09/12, 21:01

sen no sen
how many days have you fasted to express yourself like this? Do you rely on experience as well as other fasters where is it the result of some theoretical readings?
It is possible to discipline your body to mainly burn fat (paleo diet), but do not dream, once the reserves are used up, the body will draw on what is left, and this will cause muscle loss.
Obviously when the body has nothing more to consume it will do with what is left. But do not believe that it happens after 3 days and even more. and checked on a large number of fasters over the decades.
As Obamot mentioned, the practice of the young must be gentle, it is moreover more interesting to make low-calorie diets (preferably in the spring), because the young can lead to health risks.

If you reread what I wrote, this is what I mentioned: we do not run the 100m in 10 s after 8 days of training. However, therapeutic fasts are precisely modulated according to the declared pathologies and therefore do not present any risk to health, on the contrary! Now if people confuse fasting and anorexia, the debate will not lead to something constructive.
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 27/09/12, 10:35

Janic wrote:sen no sen
how many days have you fasted to express yourself like this? Do you rely on experience as well as other fasters where is it the result of some theoretical readings?

Yes I know friends who practice fasting (they do this during a seminar).
I have been confirmed a decrease in muscle mass (very temporary, fortunately) following the practice of a prolonged fast.
But well a large part of the fasters are not high level sportsmen, that does not pose them more problem than that.

From my experience, I know that even a low-calorie diet has effects on muscle mass if you do not pay particular attention to food (diet rich in protein).

Obviously when the body has nothing more to consume it will do with what is left. But don't believe it happens after 3 days or more

I never said that the body used up its reserves after 3 days.
I mentioned that there was no impact on muscle mass within 3 days, shade.
On a prolonged fast there is a decrease in muscle mass, that's all I try to say from the start.

However, therapeutic fasts are precisely modulated according to the declared pathologies and therefore do not present any health risk, quite the contrary!

Fasting poses no health risk if it is practiced with medical supervision.
It is a practice which has its pros and cons, its advantages and disadvantages.
Fasting is becoming very fashionable in recent times, there are no people who offer internships, however, it should be remembered that fasting is a practice that is not trivial.
Many people want to fast to lose weight when in the long run it is not a very effective method.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 27/09/12, 13:47

sen no sen
Did I talk about vaccines?

It is a response started on vital water and therefore lagged.
Dental ailments are not just simple hygiene problems, far from it!
Many people suffer from heaving, deviance and other orthodontic problems ... wisdom teeth make more than one unhappy patient scream, the reasons are more genetic than hygienic!

Genetics has a good back and is being replaced by the viruses and microbes of yesterday responsible for all the ills of this earth. However this genetics intervenes only for a limited part in our modern ills. It is weird that wisdom teeth do not make people suffer - sometimes annoy - people with a healthy lifestyle and even more VG.
Antibiotics exist in nature, long live the scoop!

Glad you learn something new
Catholic University of Louvain
Pharmacology and pharmacotherapy of anti-infectives

General pharmacology - Definition and origin of antibiotics
Antibiotics are defined as molecules capable of inhibiting growth or even killing bacteria, without affecting the host (eukaryotic cells). The main sources of antibiotics are fungi, but sometimes also bacteria. Fully synthetic antibiotics have also been available for a number of years.
Penicillin, the first antibiotic for clinical use, is produced by Penicillum notatum and its fortuitous discovery results from Fleming's observation of the inhibitory power of a colony of this fungus against S. aureus during accidental contamination of a Petri dish.
It was long believed that the production of antibiotics by fungi was a way for them to protect themselves against bacterial infection. Without denying this potential role, we now know that microorganisms in general produce numerous molecules with very variable pharmacological action. This production of molecules of no apparent interest would result from a potential for microorganisms to "try" very varied syntheses (secondary metabolites), until the moment when one of the molecules obtained gives them an advantage in the environment in which they develop. This notion has been used successfully to isolate a very large number of molecules of major interest in medicine from various natural sources.
Starting from natural molecules, however, chemical modifications are often made to improve the activity and / or modify essential pharmacokinetic parameters. Today, most antibiotics in clinical use are therefore obtained by semi-synthesis. Recently, however, advances in chemistry have made it possible to achieve total synthesis of several of them under satisfactory economic conditions.

However, it is only very recently in history that we have used them effectively.

Or excessively! Before the formulation " Antibiotics are not automatic These were used in all sauces like the new miracle drug until we noticed a self-resistance decreasing or canceling the effect of successive catches. Natural antibiotics cannot be taken in excess when taken in the daily diet.

Janic wrote:
sen no sen

Yes I know friends who practice fasting (they do this during a seminar).
I have been confirmed a decrease in muscle mass (very temporary, fortunately) following the practice a prolonged fast.
But well a large part of the fasters are not high level sportsmen, that does not pose them more problem than that.

There is confusion, most of the time between fasting and consecutive inactivity. Any inactivity decreases muscle volume (especially when it is very developed), but this is independent of fasting. Now we should agree from when does a prolonged fast begin?
From my experience, I know that even a low-calorie diet has effects on muscle mass if you do not pay particular attention to food (diet rich in protein).

Another preconceived idea! A low-calorie diet only plays on the storage of energy (fat, sugar) that has nothing to do with the protein level. Now if you consider that lowering sugars and fats without lowering the usual protein level is overprotein then we are not talking about the same thing.
Quote:
Obviously when the body has nothing more to consume it will do with what is left. But don't believe it happens after 3 days or more

I never said that the body used up its reserves after 3 days.
I mentioned that there was no impact on muscle mass within 3 days, shade.

So that beyond three days (theorem / reciprocal) there is an impact on muscle mass, which I contest from experience, specialized works on the question and confirmed by the work of the American scientist in the documentary cited.
On a prolonged fast there is a decrease in muscle mass, that's all I try to say from the start.

And I say the opposite: who is right? You who have never done it and therefore checked or we regular or occasional practitioners of these fasts?

Quote:
However, therapeutic fasts are precisely modulated according to the declared pathologies and therefore do not present any health risk, quite the contrary!

Fasting poses no health risk if it is practiced with medical supervision.

There, you will have trouble finding competent medics on the subject! However, a preliminary examination is still advised to detect any incompatible pathologies.
It is a practice which has its pros and cons, its advantages and disadvantages.

What are the disadvantages?
Fasting is becoming very fashionable in recent times, there are no people who offer internships, however, it should be remembered that fasting is a practice that is not trivial.
Many people want to fast to lose weight when in the long run it is not a very effective method.

There I can only prove you right. Fasting is not a method of losing weight, but a therapy applied to particular pathologies whose weight loss is the icing on the cake, not the cake itself! In addition, fasting is also used to gain weight during excessive underweight.
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 27/09/12, 17:13

Janic wrote:There is confusion, most of the time between fasting and consecutive inactivity. Any inactivity decreases muscle volume (especially when it is very developed), but this is independent of fasting. Now we should agree from when does a prolonged fast begin?

There is no clear rule, but we can estimate that from a period of 5 days we start the serious thing.

Another preconceived idea! A low-calorie diet only plays on the storage of energy (fat, sugar) that has nothing to do with the protein level. Now if you consider that lowering sugars and fats without lowering the usual protein level is overprotein then we are not talking about the same thing.

Sorry, I reason as a sportsman.
During a reduction in the amount of food ingested, as part of an intense sports practice, it is necessary to ensure a high protein consumption, so as not to cause a decrease in muscle volume.

So that beyond three days (theorem / reciprocal) there is an impact on muscle mass, which I contest from experience, specialized works on the question and confirmed by the work of the American scientist in the documentary cited.

Do you practice a high level sport?
For a sedentary person, the decrease in muscle volume may seem harmless or invisible, it is different in the practice of a high-yield activity.

Playing over a long period requires being shelved (holidays), it is already a drawback.
For a guy who is a carpenter or bricklayer, or who asphalt all day, I'm not sure that it is easy to live with.

PS: For the teeth I answered on the original post.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 27/09/12, 18:16

Now we should agree from when does a prolonged fast begin?
There is no clear rule, but on can estimate that from a duration of 5 days we start the serious thing.

According to what criteria?
Quote:

Sorry, I reason as a sportsman.

Important distinction! most fasters are Lambda consumers with moderate activity, even almost nonexistent in some.
When decreasing the amount of food ingested, as part of an intense sports practice, it is necessary to ensure a high protein consumption, so as not to cause a decrease in muscle volume.

Fasting is not suitable for intense sports, it is not their purpose, even if relatively large energy expenditure is not incompatible and in some cases recommended.

Quote:

Do you practice a high level sport?
For a sedentary person, the decrease in muscle volume may seem harmless or invisible, it is different in the practice of a high-yield activity.
Answer above! in those of my age there is hardly any practice with high yield. I am content with 4 hours of martial arts training and 2 to 4 hours of walking at a good pace.
Quote:

Playing over a long period requires being shelved (holidays), it is already a drawback.

If we consider that fasting is a therapy (not dieting) and depending on the pathology concerned, this may require a work stoppage (if there is an emergency) or to be practiced during holidays effectively. But there it is a question of choice: stay sick or use this means ... or another for that matter!
For a guy who is a carpenter or bricklayer, or who asphalt all day, I'm not sure that it is easy to live with.

Any treatment is not easy to reconcile with a professional activity such as pneumonia, cancer or tuberculosis and here again it is not easy to live with.
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 27/09/12, 18:42

Janic wrote:
Now we should agree from when does a prolonged fast begin?
There is no clear rule, but on can estimate that from a duration of 5 days we start the serious thing.

According to what criteria?

A time criterion. : Mrgreen:
As I said there is no rule, it's like talking about long distance by bike, for a sedentary it's 10km, for a pro it's 250km ...
Apparently it would be possible to hold almost 40 days while fasting, so 5 days for an average person is already not bad, but it could very well be 3 days or 7 days.
Food deprivation should be considered in biological phases.
For example, the organism slows down around 60 hours of fasting, ie less than 3 days, this therefore corresponds to a phase, it is then possible to determine different levels and this until the "hard fast" of several weeks.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 27/09/12, 19:27

A time criterion.
As I said there is no rule, it's like talking about long distance by bike, for a sedentary it's 10km, for a pro it's 250km ...
Apparently it would be possible to hold almost 40 days while fasting, so 5 days for an average person is already not bad, but it could very well be 3 days or 7 days.
Food deprivation should be considered in biological phases.
For example, the organism slows down around 60 hours of fasting, ie less than 3 days, this therefore corresponds to a phase, it is then possible to determine different levels and this until the "hard fast" of several weeks.
well, you see we end up tightening the conditions of fasting.
So quite agree with this final point of view!
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 27/09/12, 20:48

After all these steals of green wood : Mrgreen: the important thing is to stay "fasting"

: Cheesy: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 28/09/12, 08:36

: Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

Re: "Light" for only food? Documentary

by Christophe » 19/05/16, 20:57

0 x