LED lamps without dynamo battery and multifunction

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 07/08/06, 10:28

Christophe wrote:
elephant wrote:batteries are very expensive in belgium because surcharged

Recupel only represents 0.10 to 0.30 € on the batteries, it is not so surcharged as that!
But all the better, right? It is a policy that I consider econological .... right?

When you know the ecological balance of a battery (1000 times more energy to produce the battery than it will return - not counting the energy for recycling), I actually think that all countries should implement this kind of taxes and use them to develop alternatives (leds, dynamos, etc ...).
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/08/06, 11:47

Let's compare the prices:

Modern man

The shop econological
Last edited by Christophe the 06 / 07 / 07, 15: 34, 1 edited once.
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 19/08/06, 20:15

Well seen Christophe!

"Modern Man" is the discount store for Bill Gates.

: Cheesy:
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/11/06, 14:09

Here and Conrad too it's for billionaires so ...

Conrad

The shop econological
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 24/11/06, 15:53

Christophe wrote:Here and Conrad too it's for billionaires so ...

Conrad

The shop econological

Well compared with other catalogs of the same kind and keeping in mind the term "discount" I would say yes.
In their defense, they sometimes have certain materials that are difficult to find elsewhere.
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"

"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
iota
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by iota » 24/11/06, 16:41

Targol wrote:When you know the ecological balance of a battery (1000 times more energy to produce the battery than it will return - not counting the energy for recycling), I actually think that all countries should implement this kind of taxes and use them to develop alternatives (leds, dynamos, etc ...).

Having often used "industrial" type batteries (varta) at work, I have found that they last a LOT longer and that you can easily draw 6 to 8 amps from a single R6 battery.

These batteries are annoying to recycle since they must be brought to a recycling center that accepts them.

Question:
Given that such batteries exist, that they have a capacity 3 to 4 times greater than commercial batteries, that they must also be recycled.
Why are they not available like the others ???
that would avoid swinging tons of batteries and making just as many.
Instead of changing the battery 3 times a year (for example for a radio), they last all year ...
0 x
trot
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by trot » 28/03/07, 11:50

Hello,

I am looking for an eternal lamp (ie that can be used daily for a long time), but I have read that these rechargeable lamps do not work after 500 times.

What to do ? Use an alternator?
Goods.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/03/07, 11:53

500 times it's for the battery ...

The lamps in our shop are removable and use standard batteries so it is easy to replace the batteries ...
0 x
trot
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by trot » 28/03/07, 12:16

Thank you for the details.
But it's disappointing, I can't see myself wandering around permanently with two batteries in case one lets go.
What happens after 500 times? The power of the lamp gradually decreases? Is it still a bit usable?

And isn't there another long-term solution, even an expensive one?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/03/07, 12:22

I think you do not realize what represents 500 charge cycles. Assuming that you recharge it once a week thoroughly (already quite significant use since it represents a few hours of lighting) it would last more than 1 years ...

The battery will be old age HS before I think : Cheesy:

How does a battery look after? The capacity which decreases gradually ... until nothing more ... you can largely anticipate the thing therefore ...
0 x

Back to "Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tips and tricks"