Belgium without government: it works!

philosophical debates and companies.

Would you agree to do without the Left / Right divide and set up a neutral government whose only issue is to serve you without political pressure? :-)

You can select 1 option

Consult the results
Capt_Maloche

Belgium without government: it works!

by Capt_Maloche » 26/04/11, 09:12

Hello,
(The survey is not oriented at all : Cheesy: )

Heard this morning in the Eco newspaper of BFM Radio

Belgium without government for more than a year is doing very well, even better than with !!

Thus, no running costs, and civil servants attached to remain efficient without political pressure!

A NEW MODEL IS BORN.

http://www.francesoir.fr/actualite/poli ... 86760.html

Belgium without government, it works

It is an outgoing resigning government which, for 289 days, has been responsible for the day-to-day affairs of the country. A political crisis which wins the world record.

An adage says: "If you think you have understood everything about Belgian politics, it is because you have been misunderstood. Indeed, it looks as foggy as the Ostend skyline on a foggy day. Belgium, which, after shattering the European record established in 1977 by the Netherlands (208 days without a real government), equaled on Tuesday the world record for the longest political crisis that Iraq had held until then: 289 days since the federal legislative elections of June 13, 2010. It had taken 249 days for the Iraqis to agree on a division of power and forty more to form a government. However, if the Flemish parties, which demand greater autonomy, and the Walloons, who refuse it, have still not found common ground, Belgium is not without government. And the country has not stopped living. The proof: it is a Belgian player, who shared, with a Portuguese, the last prize pool of the Euro Millions. Hence these few questions intended to clarify a paradox.

Is the government crisis a Belgian specialty?

Almost. In any case, the phenomenon is not foreign to him. In 1978-1979, the formation of a new government required 106 days of negotiations. In 1987, it took 148 days for political parties to reach an agreement. In 1991, 103 days. And in 2007, seven months.

Who governs the country today?

Since the legislative elections of June 13, 2010, the government of Yves Leterme, outgoing Prime Minister, is responsible for current affairs. A rather vague notion. Indeed, if he cannot fix a major political line which would commit the country to the future in the long term, he is not paralyzed. Thus, it set in motion a draft inter-professional social agreement and had the 2011 budget voted by Parliament, which is characterized by one of the best European deficits. Last year, deputies adopted almost unanimously (136 votes out of 138) a bill to ban the wearing of the burqa in public space. On the other hand, this government "in charge of current affairs" currently involves the country in air operations over Libya.

In addition, from July to December 2010, it was the “resigned” government of Yves Leterme who assumed the presidency of the Council of the European Union. It is indeed worth recalling that the crises have so far never prevented Belgium from assuming its responsibilities in the European institutions. For example, on December 9 and 10, 1991, she participated in the European Council which finalized the Maastricht Treaty. In 2007, she signed the Lisbon Treaty which was later to be ratified by Parliament.

What is the role of the king?

Located at the top of the institutions, the king embodies the unity of the kingdom, making it a federal state since the Constitution of February 17, 1994, in which he mainly exercises honorary functions. Currently, Albert II is on the throne. Baptized Albert, Félix, Humbert, Théodore, Christian, Eugène-Marie de Belgique, the sixth king of the Belgians, 77 years old, was sworn in on August 9, 1993 in French, German and Dutch. Recently, newspapers have highlighted his generosity towards his needy subjects. In 2010, to the 10.000 letters requesting help from His Majesty, he responded with donations of 200 to 450 €. In 2009, the press found the bill corresponding to the purchase of a 27-meter-long white royal yacht indecent: 4,6 million euros.

Is the economy suffering from the aftermath of the political crisis?

Some believe that in the absence of a real government, the country can hardly impose measures that would reduce its debt. Nevertheless, the morale of the bosses does not drop. As for gross domestic product, it could increase by more than 2% this year. Proof of this vitality: Tuesday, the Chinese Geely, owner of the Swedish car manufacturer Volvo, announced that he would proceed to two hundred recruitments for his factory in Ghent, the largest in the group.

What do Belgians think of this never-ending crisis?

Many do not hide their exasperation. On January 23, there were 15.000, mostly young people, on the streets of Brussels. Marching between the north of the city and the Cinquantenaire park, near the center, they chanted: "What do we want?" We want a government. On banners of this "march of shame", as they called it, they wrote: "A government and fast!" At the origin of this movement: five students, including four Flemings, who, via the Internet, had decided to challenge the political class. The following month, February 17, the Belgians, who are not lacking in humor, marked the 249th day of crisis with a "fried revolution", symbolized by tastings throughout the kingdom. Tuesday, the collective "Separatism, not in our name", which brings together Flemish artists and intellectuals opposed to the nationalist line, renamed "place des Frites" the central place of several university cities, Brussels, Liège, Namur, Ghent and Antwerp. Another civic initiative: that of the actor Benoît Poelvoorde who called on his compatriots not to shave anymore until the political parties form a new government. More serious: according to a poll published recently by two Flemish newspapers, only 14% of Belgians in Flanders, 11% of those in Wallonia and 12% of Brussels residents still trust politicians.
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/04/11, 10:25

Weird the poll, I do not understand the "without political pressure" you can explain?

Saying "without government" is a bit wrong ... since it is a federal operation and there are 6 other governments which operate (and cost) ...

I told you in person: it is the "bourdel", each Walloon has 3 governments on its head (and to be supported via its taxes): Walloon region, French community (= Wallonia + Brussels) and federal.

This is, among other things, why Belgium has the highest tax rate in Europe ...

The one we are talking about who has "trouble" forming is that of "at the top": the federal government. It is pure bad faith and all the political actors responsible for this blockage should not touch their allowances or wages or others since the time !!

Which boss still pays his employees who have been blocking a factory for more than a year? None ... it's caricatural but not that much ...

Another subject (+ or - humorous) on the subject: https://www.econologie.com/forums/crise-poli ... 10407.html

ps important: it is the federal government which manages the taxes and the VAT, I "reassure" you they continue to palpate !! There is no blockage on that side ... amazing ... is not it?
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 26/04/11, 23:50

Without political pressure: without particular "hierarchy" which would force you to act for its interests in order to maintain its position or to keep impossible electoral promises (visible with the approach of the elections : Cheesy: )

Basically do your job as it should be, for the good of the greatest number

I know, everything is "questionable"

Interesting your analysis from the inside, you surprise me that with so many systems in power, blocking is possible!
Transfer me all this and set up a republic :D
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/04/11, 00:29

Capt_Maloche wrote:Transfer me all this and set up a republic :D

Mwarf the tease!

Uh when I see the current French "republic" (and post 2012 does not look better) which will soon have a republic only in name, well I still prefer the Belgian system despite its shortcomings ... : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Besides in Belgium, there are many more centrists in power (cdh), the left / right guéguère as you say, it is especially in France ...

Yes my dear Maloche, we can see better that a boat sinks when we are not on it ... :D
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 27/04/11, 12:22

Up!

I voted, but I shouldn't have because the government is "neutral" ... once again got caught by a politician! : Mrgreen: :D : Cheesy:

Note that for the moment the “neutrals” are winning since the annoyers who could have voted “no” are at zero 'percent'! ^^

It is when we see such balanced proportions in the results of an election that we recognize real democracies hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, : Cheesy:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 27/04/11, 19:30

Anyway, in Belgium, voting is useless, we always find the same band of (censored) in government. In general, when a minister becomes competent in a ministry, he is found another. : Evil:

Now let's be serious; a large number of subjects are not debated: measures for employment and competitiveness, reduction of taxes and social laws, Flemishization of the army, and of course: reforms wanted by the Flemish!

Why it works anyway:

1) the government still exists: the royal decree accepting resignation has not been signed.
2) we are not crazy: if a big crisis, we can still convene parliament, on the initiative of the government: this is how we were able to send F-16 fighters to Libya ... very quickly.
3) there is no FEDERAL government! Many subjects are dealt with by regional executives.

But effectively, the NVA (flaming nationalist separatists) is blocking the whole mess because the possible government partners do not want to immediately accept ALL the demands that the NVA has promised its constituents. The NVA cannot negotiate
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 27/04/11, 21:38

Elephant, you didn't vote!

What is that "Flemishization of the army", they will be able to come out, right? : Mrgreen:

Some sort of pink flamingos : Oops: : Oops: : Oops: Image

We have the “Röstigraben”! Ok I'm leaving, Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha, : Cheesy:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 27/04/11, 22:35

The Flemishization of the army is that:

1) the proportion of very high-level positions is much higher than the 60/40 proportion

one of the multiple articles:

http://www.lesoir.be/actualite/belgique ... 835040.php

2) under cover of economy, the De Crem disaster repatriates most of the bases in Flanders (therefore also the whole parallel economy that they generate : Evil: )

A little lesson in Belgian spelling: in politics, the M of certain words is to be replaced by an S. The abbreviation PS is spelled P $.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 27/04/11, 23:31

Christophe wrote:
Capt_Maloche wrote:Transfer me all this and set up a republic :D

Mwarf the tease!

Yes my dear Maloche, we can see better that a boat sinks when we are not on it ... :D

Vi vi vi :D

We will always have the same basket of crabs in the elections
and with the floats we have, we are not going to sink, just the middle class taking the water ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 01/05/11, 22:07

But in fact ? What are you getting into? : Evil:
0 x