Shower water to supply toilet

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Christophe

Re: shower water to supply toilet

by Christophe » 17/09/23, 19:41

olivierdu33 wrote:Do you think my project is not viable? It's true I'm not on the iss but it seems like a good idea right?

Any “econological” project interests me!

But for the recovery of gray water in the toilets... others have already tried (in the other direction never... I wonder why? : Lol: : Lol: ) ! And often, after the project, we don't hear too much about it... which means that it must not be a great success...

Exactly like shower heat exchangers: the idea is good but in reality it's more trouble (clogging, maintenance, etc.) than gains... We have an old topic on this: water-pumping-filtration/heat-recovery-from-the-shower-a-french-distinguishes-t11302.html

In fact, why limit yourself to recovering wastewater from showers? Sink ? Sink ? Washing machine ? Dishwasher ?
0 x
Christophe

Re: Shower water to supply toilet

by Christophe » 17/09/23, 19:47

I found this too: the infinite shower (which ended badly...)

water-pumping-filtration/infinite-shower-with-10l-opensource-t15776.html
0 x
olivierdu33
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by olivierdu33 » 17/09/23, 19:53

I limit myself to the shower and only this shower.
There are 4 of us in this shower...and we play sports so a lot of showers, 1 to 2 per day each.
The rest....lv, washing machine are on the ground floor so more complicated to recover the gray water.....
0 x
olivierdu33
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by olivierdu33 » 17/09/23, 21:52

Yes thank you, if you have answers I am willing to solve my project.
And if you have already done a similar project I would like to have your opinion 8) 8)
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 17/09/23, 23:13

sicetaitsimple wrote:
olivierdu33 wrote: But it seems like a good idea to me, right?
Yes, in principle using drinking water to flush out shit is necessarily regrettable.
Some people switch to dry toilets for this simple reason, illogical if everything goes down the drain, or the recycling is not perfect, and the water returns to pollute rivers and oceans through eutrophication, instead of infiltrating into the ground. and normally reach groundwater.

For individual sanitation and dry toilets, gray water can be used to irrigate an orchard if we opt for soil purification https://reseau-assainissement-ecologiqu ... reduit.pdf
1 x
olivierdu33
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by olivierdu33 » 18/09/23, 07:24

izentrop wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:
olivierdu33 wrote: But it seems like a good idea to me, right?
Yes, in principle using drinking water to flush out shit is necessarily regrettable.
Some people switch to dry toilets for this simple reason, illogical if everything goes down the drain, or the recycling is not perfect, and the water returns to pollute rivers and oceans through eutrophication, instead of infiltrating into the ground. and normally reach groundwater.

For individual sanitation and dry toilets, gray water can be used to irrigate an orchard if we opt for soil purification https://reseau-assainissement-ecologiqu ... reduit.pdf

thank you very much but I am in the city center....I am not lucky enough to have a vegetable garden in the garden, or to make mini vegetables : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/09/23, 12:29

olivierdu33 wrote:Yes thank you, if you have answers I am willing to solve my project.
And if you have already done a similar project I would like to have your opinion 8) 8)

Start by sending us a diagram (show of hands ok) of what you have in mind...and we can help you...
1 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 18/09/23, 15:01

On vacation at my grandmother's, we had this to wash with... As clean as after a shower... The used water emptied into a bucket and presto! the bucket in the toilet... The circle is closed : Wink: : Wink:
1 x
olivierdu33
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by olivierdu33 » 18/09/23, 17:33

izentrop wrote:On vacation at my grandmother's, we had this to wash with... As clean as after a shower... The used water emptied into a bucket and presto! the bucket in the toilet... The circle is closed : Wink: : Wink:

So we’re coming to live with your grandmother!
here is the solution, you can thank her in advance.

honestly we are not inventing anything, our elders already had everything! the buildings, the trees, the exhibitions, the more things go, the more we walk on our heads
0 x
olivierdu33
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by olivierdu33 » 18/09/23, 17:38

As you will see....I am not a designer....but hope that this will be enough to understand.

IMG_20230918_173426.jpg
0 x