Feedback please tank rainwater

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
swift2540
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by swift2540 » 22/01/10, 22:12

pseudomonas wrote:Note however that in this diagram, the risk is transferred to the user. Where currently the legal risk is borne by the water distributor.

+1
==> you place a something true water softener (with salt) ==> you change the composition of the water supplied ==> your supplier is no longer responsible.
0 x
Sometimes it is better to stop, reflect, and ask the right questions ...
pseudomonas
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by pseudomonas » 22/01/10, 22:16

Right, I had a Culligan before! when I knew it was for my apple in terms of risk, I fired it!
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 22/01/10, 22:32

put water in a bottle and leave it in front of the window

adduction water
mineral water
rainwater

at home (or rather at my neighbors) the tap water remains clear as long as there is chlorine, then miserably turns green

the mineral water remains very clear (is there a preservative?)

my rainwater remains very clear exactly like mineral water: however I do not filter it and I do not put a preservative in it

explanation, when water is sufficiently pure there is no longer enough organic matter to feed the microbes: it is not sterile, there are always microbes but they do not proliferate

in tap water there is enough chlorine to kill the microbes but as soon as the chlorine is evaporated there is to drink and eat for proliferation

that's why I don't like bad filters at the entrance of the tank: the vegetable debris gets put in the filter rot and polishes all the water that goes inside: if the same debris fall whole in the tank they fall to the bottom and do not pollute the water

a large number of bacteria in the tank proliferates on the walls (biofilm) and it depletes the organic matter of the water: as long as we do not stir the deposit at the bottom and the deposit of the walls the still water purifies itself

it's impressive to see when I clean a tank that gave me clean water for 6 months, to have a juice that smells funny and that does not settle at all, unless I add some flocculant
Last edited by chatelot16 the 22 / 01 / 10, 22: 36, 1 edited once.
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 22/01/10, 22:33

pseudomonas wrote:Otherwise Bernard, if you consider that the human race is harmful, do not treat yourself ... it will be faster and there will be one less. If your kids are sick, the same? it's really clever as reasoning right?
Come on, stop these ideological stupidity.

The human species is clearly harmful in its current state and I work as much as I can to make it less so by changing behavior.

I don't really need to treat myself.

By cons you seem to need rest.

In addition, personal attacks are never constructive, and you make fun of yourself.
0 x
See you soon !
pseudomonas
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by pseudomonas » 22/01/10, 22:34

ah I spent the passage on the transfer of risks: respect for what? the fact that you are taking on a risk that should be taken by a company, chaperoned by a control body? What did you gain from it? less security and the pride of having stuck one in the back of the system? you laugh I hope!
It's the system that rubs your hands with people like you! you will always have to pay even more for your drinking water (because they will increase it all the more as demand decreases, law of supply-demand and investments to cover) and in addition you will take the risks in their place ... ARF!
0 x
pseudomonas
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by pseudomonas » 22/01/10, 22:37

Bernard, there was no personal attack. We had to see further: all species are harmful to the zenith of their population. It is not just the human race.
Your comments refer to a hard branch of the green movement at greepeace, that's what I answered!

EDIT: and if you had read my words correctly, you would have seen that I also want it to be behavior that changes and not the promotion of this or that system. Consume less first and for the technique, we let the pros manage it and the state do its job as regulator!
0 x
pseudomonas
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by pseudomonas » 22/01/10, 23:51

Taken from the counterpoints site, the sectarian movement of which I spoke above:

“Sustainable development is good for people! "

Sustainable development can lead to sustainable underdevelopment. Directly linked to the precautionary principle, this concept is defended by radical environmentalists who perceive the human being as a threat. It is from him, however, that we can expect the best innovations. Like all politicians who have tried to make man happy for him, this new regulatory obsession is likely to fail. It is thanks to human intelligence - that which made it possible to transform wheat into bread and petroleum into gasoline - that the challenges of the next decades will be solved.

This is what we must fight against! Being a citizen means asking the existing system of accounts to improve, putting it in front of its responsibilities and that is OUR responsibility! it is not to make parallel systems!
0 x
pseudomonas
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by pseudomonas » 22/01/10, 23:59

Bernard, it's a shame that we hold on, you are obviously a being full of reflection and hindsight!

In the USSR, there were also drug methods using bacteriophages ... it has not proven its effectiveness. And that's what I think you're talking about.
Regarding virus DNA, I do not think that it is the body which is requesting ... but the virus which seeks to replicate. Am i wrong teacher?

Obviously the fight is incessant in our body, but we cannot call it balance. It's a fight.

For the rest on DIY, it could make a skit! :P
But this discussion is really interesting! I can't wait to read the next speeches!
0 x
pseudomonas
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by pseudomonas » 23/01/10, 00:22

Always for information:

The implementation of a rainwater and well water purification system raises a number of questions.
It is not enough to install a reverse osmosis and activated carbon filtration device to be able to guarantee the potability of the water thus produced.
A very serious ethical problem lies in advising a family or a community to consume water obtained by purification of suspicious water!

I. STORM WATER STORED IN TANK

I.1. May contain bacteria, viruses and very toxic organic compounds (maceration of corpses of birds or various animals in cornices for example). A decomposing body releases, in addition to bacteria, highly toxic amines (cadaverine, putrescine ...), protein residues and free radicals.

I.2. The materials of the tank can release toxic or allergenic substances. The cement produced today contains an unpredictable number of heavy metals (chromium, nickel, zinc, lead, cadmium ...). The cemented coating will release these residues for a certain time as well as calcium and ammonium salts which will alkalize the water. This phenomenon will only last a maximum of one year, but it must be taken into account.
Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) tanks release, in addition to toxic monomers (very small molecules), substances used in the preparation of plastic material (polymerization initiators). These substances are also toxic and allergenic. This process, in the presence of very pure water (this is the case for rainwater) will last approximately two years. At this time, the material can be considered passive.

I.3. Chemical pollutants from the sky (see file) and from the roof.
Industrialists release heavy metals and chemicals in huge quantities into the air. These rejects will travel with the wind and fall to different places during rain, or in dry weather.
We are not immune to pollution even from another country (Saharan sand sometimes falls on Paris!).
The water flowing on the roofs collects these substances and leads them into the tanks.
To this are added the metals present in the materials constituting the roof, the channels and conduits: lead, zinc, copper, titanium, iron, nickel, chromium, manganese, bitumen residues.
If a farmer sprays a pesticide or herbicide on his field near the house, it is a safe bet that these products will be found in the rainwater tank of the house.

Here's what they recommend:

TYPES OF WATER CLEANERS TO BE ADVISED

It goes without saying that in the problems of drinking water, it is imperative to use reverse osmosis devices.
But you still need to know what type of membrane and what additional accessories you should advise based on the problem encountered.

1. Type of membrane

A quality membrane alone must provide a filtration capacity of 96 to 97%.
The filtration capacity (reject rate) gives an idea of ​​the size of the pores of the membrane.
A membrane intended to filter “doubtful” water such as tank water and well water must have pore dimensions not exceeding 0,0001 micron.
A virus has a congestion between 0,02 and 0,4 micron.
A bacterium has a size of between 0,2 and 1 micron.

A good membrane therefore offers perfect security from this point of view.

There remains the problem of small organic chemical molecules, heavy metals and toxic anions (nitrites and nitrates).

No membrane can completely eliminate them!

1a. Cellulose triacetate membranes
These membranes are inexpensive, are biodegradable and have excellent filtration capacity but do not withstand pH above 7,8. As many waters have pH values ​​over 7,5, we prefer to forgo these types of membranes.

1b. Polyester (nylon) membranes
These membranes have great features as long as you pay the price.
Their longevity is 3 to 5 years depending on the type of water.

1 C. PTFC (teflon) membranes
Recycling them is difficult.
There are a large number of brands on the market for these membranes, which are generally manufactured by the same company (Filmtec, a 3M subsidiary).
These membranes have a very long lifespan (from 6 to 7 years and more), depending on the qualities of treated water.
Very low iron concentrations quickly destroy these membranes.

But you have to realize that there are different qualities on the market for the same membrane brand.

When the PTFC sheet is laminated in the factory, the central strip has an ideal porosity, while the side strips have a coarser porosity.

This is where the scam begins!

Unscrupulous or ill-informed resellers market membranes with 60-65% capacity at the price of membranes with 96-97% capacity.
They add a sand filter and a carbon filter or a cotton filter and a carbon filter and declare the whole adaptable on rainwater tank or well.

But what is most serious in this approach is that the client and his family believe they are protected against any contamination.

Pseudomonas:
When the salesperson came to me to sell me reverse osmosis equipment, this is exactly what happened: the proposed membrane did not hold water.
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 23/01/10, 08:01

pseudomonas wrote: Regarding virus DNA, I do not think that it is the body which is requesting ... but the virus which seeks to replicate. Am i wrong teacher?

http://www.lemonde.fr/planete/article/2010/01/08/un-nouvel-ancetre-viral-de-l-homme_1289146_3244.html
0 x
See you soon !