To reduce scratches on organic glasses ...

And if they were repairing rather than throwing and change? Rediscover the pleasure of the repairs yourself. How to diagnose a problem or find spare parts? Repair itself is way to save money generally!
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

To reduce scratches on organic glasses ...

by Macro » 25/06/13, 08:37

Being literally fluffy changing my glasses .... I find myself with a pair of organic progressive lenses on the nose ...
These crap are so fragile that they get scratched even in their box ... As I only put them to drive the box containing the glasses is often found in an empty pocket (or a top case lately because when it rains impossible to wear them under the helmet because of the fog) .. Assessment the glasses are "polished" ...

I tried yesterday a polishing with toothpaste plus cloth there was a result but not there is still a stain in part of my field of vision ...
I know that polishing = removing material = modifying the correction but in any case progressive lenses ... in terms of optics it's really olé olé ...

Tricks more powerful than the paw tooth ???
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/06/13, 09:19

I have a little the same problem with mine, I ignored the tip of the toothpaste!

Any where you have to use one with "granules"?
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 25/06/13, 09:56

well I only had diamond email ... But apparently you have to take low cost with aluminum oxide ...
it works (rait) also for motorcycle helmet screens ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 25/06/13, 13:33

There are polishing liquids of different grain sizes that I used when I was a kid to polish encrustations in resin (flowers, insects, small objects, etc: http://meli-melo.rochmedia.com/les-tuto ... on-resine/ ).

I bought small bottles of these liquids in toy stores. It should still exist.

Otherwise a search on the net with "liquid polishing" gives a lot of results.
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 25/06/13, 16:09

Hello

There are different products to remove graffiti on plexiglass or lexan windshields.
I use the NOVUS 2 which is fine it is sold at plexiglass merchants and motorcycle windshield sellers, it also serves to polish the recessed lights that have become dull in certain cars.
polycarbonate is very easy to scratch light glasses have a hard coating resistant to scratches (at the price they sell the pair of glasses adjusted to the view, it goes from 450 $ 900 $ it should be of armored quality (sometimes I wonder how they do in poor countries who have difficulty feeding if they wear glasses?

Formerly I used AUTOSOL (product made in Germany) which is used to polish brass and aluminum, it depends on the stripes if too importate it takes two products.

Andre
0 x
Surfeurseb
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Surfeurseb » 25/06/13, 21:06

I would be a little afraid to finish the glasses by trying to repolish them myself ...

wearing glasses for over 30 years, which was the best for me, to avoid scratching them,
it is to be very careful with it, it goes without saying, and especially the way to wash them.
(prevention better than cure) : Cheesy:
And never put them on the glasses, even in their box.

My method: imperative first to rid the glasses of small particles, under running water, with your fingers,
without rubbing hard. Then with a drop (or less) of dishwashing liquid to degrease them.
And finally wiping with a clean cloth corner, in a single pass if possible, without pressing too hard.
It's trivial, OK, but optimized lens life.

To be avoided: any dry wiping or even with a special wipe, as long as particles are on
the glasses.

I had insisted a lot on having glass glasses (!) On a previous pair of glasses, not to have
scratches. It's a c ***** rie: dangerous, dangerous, and fragile anyway. We always end up doing the
fall high enough to break them.

Do you remember the soap opera the fourth dimension? In one episode, a banker survived the atomic war,
alone, thanks to the safe.
He thought that ultimately, he could continue to live thanks to books ...
until he breaks his glasses. Despair with a capital D : Mrgreen:
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 25/06/13, 21:18

Surfeurseb wrote:Do you remember the soap opera the fourth dimension? In one episode, a banker survived the atomic war,
alone, thanks to the safe.
He thought that ultimately, he could continue to live thanks to books ...
until he breaks his glasses. Despair with a capital D : Mrgreen:

My god, that of memory. this serial engraved my memory.

If you have a link I want it :P

I have had glasses since I was 12 years old. shortsighted like a mole. Glass glass is ideal, scratch-resistant but breakable, but it's heavy.
Unbreakable but scratchable polycarbonate.

And especially not at afflelou: it's finished shit. It even scratches with dry clean microfiber.
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
loopyng84
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by loopyng84 » 25/06/13, 22:12

plasmanu wrote:
If you have a link I want it :P

http://www.dpstream.tv/voir-serie-la-qu ... g-311.html : Lol:
0 x
"we do not inherit the land from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children" St Exupéry
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 25/06/13, 23:05

thank you, friend.

Season 1 episode 8. 1959: I was not born. My mother was 5 years old.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xw9xq0 ... coE_NjvjOU

In the film it's not glasses, it's bottlenecks : Mrgreen:

Henry Bemis loves to read, it is his main occupation and almost his only reason for living. Very quickly, he will have every opportunity and all the time in the world to satisfy this thirst for books. When he has just gotten a warning from his boss, Henry leaves to read in the bank safe. A terrible event is happening outside.
Henry is severely shaken and passes out for a few hours.

When he wakes up, he discovers a world ravaged by nuclear war. Very quickly, he realizes that he is the last living being on Earth.
From now on, neither his wife, his boss nor anyone can prevent him from reading books. Even better, Henry can go freely to the city's largest libraries and discover some little reading wonders.
But a new earthquake will have many consequences, Henry's glasses will fall and break. As a result, Henry can no longer even satisfy his passion ...
Welcome to the Fourth Dimension ... This is an episode to say the least confusing, with a surprising final outcome. A very good vintage from the series!
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
Flytox

by Flytox » 26/06/13, 22:26

For cleaning glasses, it is better to avoid all fabrics. Take special care with the special paper containing very very few minerals. In fact I prefer to rinse with hot water ... and blow to dry. It lasts longer ..... with a sharp image.

For the finest metallurgical polishes, a liquid lubricating paste with diamond dust calibrated to 1 micron is used. After x increasingly fine polishing, the polished metal comes out shiny like a mirror. In this way we can also recover the scratched watch glasses. The only problem .... the bottle is not given ........ : Mrgreen:

Also think about insurance. It does not take into account most often the scratches, wear etc ... but refunds the breakage ..... Oh mer.e, it fell and I walked on it ..... what a pity : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132

Back to "failure, troubleshooting and repair: repair yourself? "