boiler coupling wood and oil: map and diagram

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
letitus
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

boiler coupling wood and oil: map and diagram

by letitus » 29/11/09, 16:59

Hello, I am installing a boiler wood on my fuel system, I still have the connection to make and I would like to have your opinion on my schema,

thank you in advance

edited by Christophe: use our host of images stp.

The subject has already mentioned several times, have you done a research?

For example here is my montage wood: https://www.econologie.com/forums/installati ... t3494.html

Your diagram is inspired by http://pagesperso-orange.fr/herve.silve/schemasbois.htm
0 x
letitus
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by letitus » 29/11/09, 20:11

dsl I did not know for the host :|

in fact I search the net for quite some time, and I must say that I get lost a little in all this : Cry:

Do you think my installation is dangerous? effective?

a thermal safety coil is obliged?
0 x
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 29/11/09, 21:24

Hi Letitus,

To secure the installation you need a cooling coil (integrated) or a cold water injection system at the boiler inlet (with thermal valve)
In addition you intend to operate without buffer tank, which is not ideal to optimize the use of this boiler.
There is a circulator for the wood boiler alone, but no recirculation loop with heat valve. There is a high risk of boring, at least at the beginning of operation.
In your diagram, nothing prevents the water heated by the wood boiler from circulating in the oil boiler and vice versa.
There are 2 check valves, 1 alone would suffice.

Your schema is drawn from an existing schema, but more complete. It's a bit normal that there are inconsistencies if you remove some of the elements.

A+
0 x
letitus
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by letitus » 29/11/09, 22:14

Yes indeed I took again the drawings ^ ^ I wanted to establish the installs like that which I have at this moment (without the wood property)

I have the idea to put a balloon buffer but limited at this time nv finance, I think to install it from here 2ans

the goal is that I would like to heat my fuel fireplace (the production of hot water is integrated)

(but no recirculation loop with thermal valve)

what's this? : Lol:
0 x
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 30/11/09, 12:53

Bonjour,

Here is an example of a connection

So actually if you want to maintain the heating body of your oil boiler at temperature (for DHW), it is necessary to connect the wood boiler in series on the return and the bypass when it does not work thanks to the mains valve A / B.
Attention, keep the boiler oil temperature causes losses if it is placed in an outdoor room (the losses do not heat the house)

You can automate the passage A / B by choosing a motorized valve that switches to B if the wood boiler works (easy, it is the same command as its circulator). Otherwise, the valve must switch to A.

To test the buffer balloon formula without investing a lot, you can take one (or more) used hot water balloons. We find less than 100 euros for 300L.
I have one of my contact who tried, he is happy, even if he knows that the capacity is a bit fair (we can always add some later)

For the heat valve and the recirculation loop, the objective is to operate the boiler with a minimum temperature.
An automatic opening valve (usually 55 ° or 65 ° C) is required.
In your case, the utility of this system depends on the power of the boiler and the rate of rise in temperature of your installation.

Everything is explained here

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/herve.silve/bois.htm

A+
0 x
letitus
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by letitus » 30/11/09, 17:12

thank you for your help : Mrgreen:

the AB valve is a motorized mixing valve?

with the information of the aquastat she switches to position wood and fuel if the wood is not en route?

I would like the fuel boiler to start automatically when the wood does not heat up any more, AB's motorization is the best not?

only one vase of expension suffices?

if my AB valve does not work (failure), will my valve protect the installation?

I am painful huh : Cheesy:

thanks again
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/11/09, 17:24

You have to be able to work independently with wood or not?

If yes the proposed 2 scheme are to be reviewed because the wood will heat the oil boiler.

Question: on the 1st diagram, pkoi you put 2 "10" valves on the wood circuit?
0 x
letitus
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by letitus » 30/11/09, 17:34

I had mits the valves (without knowing if it was the best) to prevent the fuel boiler does not heat the boiler wood, the opposite is sought (the wood heats the fuel) because my ecs is managed by the fuel and that the boiler fuel is in my laundry which is well insulated

voili voilou
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/11/09, 17:39

Ok so you will NEVER heat 100% with wood? Where is the DHW tank? "In" the oil boiler?

For the flaps they duplicate: one will be enough.
0 x
letitus
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by letitus » 30/11/09, 17:48

no wood is just a booster when I'm at home to relieve my consumption of fuel oil, I wish to heat the max with wood but not 100%

for the ecs I did not represent it because my boiler fuel has two separate circuit, one for the heating and the other the ecs (the boiler is a buderus logano GC115 with preparer
0 x