Vegetable oil burner, where are we?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
pef
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Vegetable oil burner, where are we?

by pef » 19/12/07, 11:15

Having received my annual Gaz-elec invoice (just the upgrade), I am thinking more and more of forgetting natural gas to heat me ...

I then look very slowly to install an oil boiler with an oil burner, but I have not really found feedback from people with the same system.
I have read as much good as bad about the system, but nothing very relevant.

Apparently there are already several brands that manufacture this kind of burner (Gierch, Kroll, INOV8, TEMPRATEC .........)

Does anyone have experience with one or the other?

Thank you in advance.
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 19/12/07, 11:32

Hum: shouldn't we rather put the insulation of the house in question rather than planning to spend a fortune to change energy? ... which anyway does not cost less than fuel oil ... it there is just the ecological balance which is perhaps better (I am not entirely convinced because if we also take into account fertilizers, pesticides and fuel consumption of agricultural machinery ...
For now, my nuclear heating (apartment) still costs me in the 1000 € per year, including lighting and everything else ...
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 19/12/07, 11:36

..... why did you choose gas at the time?
because the fuel was too expensive
why change gas then?
because gas has become more expensive
why switch to oil?
because it's cheaper
and when will the oil be more expensive?

iron with gas?
meanwhile the installers are enjoying themselves!

alros there is so much wood in France! real energy independence.

-------------------

otherwise the multi-fuel or special oil burners pose no problem, in fact they are fuel oil or rather DIESEL burners "prepared" for the occasion.

> Obviously some manage to modify their fuel oil burners for the oil: heating resistance of a coffee machine with thermostat modified at 140 ° C mini (click on available on go-tronic.fr) to preheat the oil, + time relay for 1 min + later the burner is triggered it takes a bit more air and increase the injection pressure.

> Obviously there are in-line heaters for diesel, and burners too, but it's between 1000 and 1500 € per burner, who speaks of economy?

for the tank full of oil it is necessary to bury it and to add an anti-curing product "of the trade"

------------------
OTHERWISE: "30% without modification" : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/12/07, 11:38

Coincidence? Yesterday, to test, I put 2 L of used oil (not filtered obviously) in my deom wood boiler ... It made a nice flame : Mrgreen:

What I mean by that: no need for a special burner to put oil in wood stoves.

I do not think that the direct combustion of frying oil is harmful to the environment (at least that does not change anything with a combustion in an oil burner) but ... I can be wrong.

Should find a tip for horizontal loading stoves (absorb the oil in a fuel ... sawdust?).

Pellet manufacturers could even "dope" their pellets in this way.
0 x
pef
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pef » 19/12/07, 11:46

..... why did you choose gas at the time?

I didn't choose, I got the house like that!

why change gas then?

Pcq too expensive ...

jonule wrote:why switch to oil?
because it's cheaper
and when will the oil be more expensive?

I was just thinking about it for what you know

Frying oil....

iron with gas?
meanwhile the installers are enjoying themselves!

Well no, I intend to leave the two boilers in place with valves to put one or the other in operation !!

alros there is so much wood in France! real energy independence.

I am in Belgium and the wood is not very cheap either.
Then I don't (yet) have the possibility of heating everything with wood at home!
It is planned for the future, but with an annual invoice of +/- 2600 € per year for too expensive energies it does not help to invest, it just makes you want.

I was just thinking about it for what you know ... : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/12/07, 13:06

pef wrote:

I was just thinking about it for what you know ... : Cheesy:

What do I know? I know a lot (hhihihihihi). Ah yes it comes back to me :) Soon on the forum for the others (I hope) ...

Well, there's no reason it shouldn't work.

As you are a handyman you could even imagine a very rudimentary automatic oil supply system (a simple pump and a few hoses to supply the stove-top boiler) when there is a flame, just to boost combustion :)

The only condition for automatic injection: there must be either flames or embers for the oil to ignite, otherwise it risks damaging the boiler more than anything else.
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 19/12/07, 13:49

Hello !
I already had an oil stove in the past which I converted to oil stove ... which ended up in wood stove in fact! saw that 5 liters were needed per very cold evening : roll:

otherwise for the oil supply, like the oil stoves that exist: you need an additional air supply !!!
this is achieved by a fan / blower, the intensity of which is controlled by an oxygen sensor in the exhaust duct, as for pellet stoves.
0 x
gritty
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Vegetable oil burner, where are we?

by gritty » 19/12/07, 15:44

Hello, for all those who seek information, documentation on the adaptation, transformation, feedback and sale of multi-fuel burner for boilers; I offer the following links:
http://levallon.dyndns.org
http://chaufmafrite.dyndns.org

Alain

pef wrote:Having received my annual Gaz-elec invoice (just the upgrade), I am thinking more and more of forgetting natural gas to heat me ...

I then look very slowly to install an oil boiler with an oil burner, but I have not really found feedback from people with the same system.
I have read as much good as bad about the system, but nothing very relevant.

Apparently there are already several brands that manufacture this kind of burner (Gierch, Kroll, INOV8, TEMPRATEC .........)

Does anyone have experience with one or the other?

Thank you in advance.
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 19/12/07, 15:47

Put oil little man in life it has to slip ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 20/12/07, 02:01

Hello
Christophe wrote:Coincidence? Yesterday, to test, I put 2 L of used oil (not filtered obviously) in my deom wood boiler ... It made a nice flame : Mrgreen:

I do not think that the direct combustion of frying oil is harmful to the environment (at least that does not change anything with a combustion in an oil burner) but ... I can be wrong.

Should find a tip for horizontal loading stoves (absorb the oil in a fuel ... sawdust?).

Pellet manufacturers could even "dope" their pellets in this way.

The method that some use, it is a gravity tank of a small capacity 1gallon (4,5 liters) a metal pipe a small valve which descends in the top of the furnace, the guy leaves it to the wood with a big log and drop it drop by drop on the log, Normally the oil soaks the log and it burns before the log, other perfects with a small stainless steel mesh above a bowl and lets drip on the mesh it burns quite well , it is a method for heating a garage or a place under surveillance, it is preferable that the tank is small in the event of fires which goes out, that the volume of oil in the hearth is rather low.
This remains a fairly rudimentary system, if we do not abuse too much on the drip it makes little smoke.
To heat only with oil it requires more mounting of the concentric boxes with air inlets in the right places.

Andre
0 x