Easypell Okofen boiler problem with Belimo

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Rudy73200
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Easypell Okofen boiler problem with Belimo

by Rudy73200 » 11/11/23, 18:23

Hello to you !

I have an Easypell boiler, a sub-brand of Okofen, with an identical design.

Since the annual maintenance carried out by the heating technician two weeks ago, I have encountered error 11 several times. The same technician intervened and noticed that the Belimo was no longer closing completely. After removing it, he manually operated the valve located behind the Belimo, noting that it was relatively difficult to operate, after operating it a good dozen times, it became more flexible to operate again.

Once the Belimo was reassembled, I completely emptied the silo (integrated silo) and vacuumed up all the dust and residue in the silo and around the first endless screw at the bottom of the silo.

The boiler is now 6 years old, and I consume around 6 pallets of pellets per year.

Do you think the Belimo's return spring might be tired, considering I had the same problem twice when the boiler was new, only to have nothing for the next 6 years?

Or could this be due to a build-up of dust at the valve behind the Belimo?

Is it possible to clean this place, as I don't see how to do it?

I can only see a sort of large screw designed for an Allen key.

Do you have any thoughts on this?

Thank you in advance for your help.

1699723493341.jpg

ps: I only use PIVETEA* brand pellets, a brand recommended by the heating engineer
0 x
Rudy73200
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Easypell Okofen boiler problem with Belimo

by Rudy73200 » 13/11/23, 07:58

Inspired person? : Wink:
0 x
bighorno
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Easypell Okofen boiler problem with Belimo

by bighorno » 15/12/23, 21:55

Hi,
I'm telling you about my similar problem for which I may have a solution...
In fact my 15 year old Okofen boiler faults with the message "belimo ouv error", this error having occurred twice during the heating season last year but this year much more often i.e. every 2 -5 days.
After numerous tests I came to the conclusion that the hopper is overfilling with the consequence that the overly compressed granules prevent the hopper bottom auger from rotating normally.
In fact the error always appears just after a suction cycle and I then notice (once the boiler has stopped and the hopper cover removed) that the level of pellets is abnormally high forcing me to press hard to put the cover back on. place when that should not be the case.
Then if I remove the equivalent of a quarter of a bucket of pellets to lower the level under the full hopper sensor and I restart the boiler a very short suction cycle starts and stops immediately (the hopper being previously almost full) and the belimo ouv error no longer appears while the drive screw resumes rotating normally.
In my opinion, the problem could therefore come from the full hopper sensor which would have become less reactive over time: the suction would take place with a delay and therefore with a hopper too full at the end of a cycle. complete suction (approx. 4 minutes), while with a small suction cycle (approx. 20 sec.) the arrival speed of the granules does not have time to reach their cruising speed, the slightest reactivity of the sensor would be of no consequence.
I will wait several more times for the error to occur to ensure that I can systematically restart the boiler by removing a quarter of a bucket of pellets each time.
See you in a few weeks for my first feedback to validate or not that the problem really comes from the deficient sensor (less responsive) resulting in an overfull hopper which prevents the drive screw from rotating (err belimo ouv).
0 x