DC-AC12v 150 W converter for wood boiler circulator

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

DC-AC12v 150 W converter for wood boiler circulator

by Rabbit » 18/02/15, 18:51

I bought a DC-AC12v 150 W to 300W 50 Hz converter to operate the circulator of my wood boiler. In my lost country at the end of the Belgian Ardennes, we regularly have power cuts that last from 5 min to 4 h. But when the boiler is full of beech, and there is a power outage it is panic. You have to take everything out of the burning wood to avoid overheating the boiler.

So I bought this converter. I just tried it. For a 6 W led lamp no worries, for the differential thermostat it goes too. But when I plug in the circulator, it makes a funny noise, seems to work. then the converter cuts the juice after 2 or 3 sec. and it begins again .
At no time does the converter LED indicate an overload or battery prob. So I did not understand the concern.
The circulator operates at 230 V at 0 A, 25 A and 0.35A. no matter the power chosen, the result is the same.

QQ one has an idea to solve my worries?
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 18/02/15, 20:51

a circulator has a very bad cos Phi.
moreover, the starting current is quite high.
low-end converters (square signal and not sinusoidal) it is very difficult to run an engine.
they only work properly for resistive loads or for devices with a portable or other computer-style switching power supply.
only solution, buy a sine converter with a good margin of power.
0 x
Click my signature
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/02/15, 22:16

Yes it is not really a question of cos phi but of the type of signal: an engine does not like pseudo sines at all ...

You need a pure sine converter for everything that is motor ... 3 to 4 times more expensive than pseudo sines.

Maybe there is a way to smooth out the nickname signal with a large condo? or other mounting?
0 x
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 19/02/15, 00:22

This may be the explanation, it is indicated in the modified sinosoidal output wave instruction manual.

Still, that doesn’t solve my worries. :|
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/02/15, 00:28

Well you just have to buy a pure sinus ...

Or better, we think about how to smooth this square sinusoid together?

Un low pass filter well-sized should do the trick ... right? And will not cost more than a few (tens?) € in components ...
0 x
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 19/02/15, 01:41

Alas I know nothing about electronics. D or my call to the team.

And I tell myself that others could be faced with the problem.

Because having a wood boiler is great as long as there is power, but when there is more it is ruined.
This is where there is the thermo siphon. What I tried to do using 28 mm ducts but I could not use a larger one for economic reasons. Obviously this is not enough. Copper is not really given.
In addition, when there is a power cut, there is no more water at the tap. There is a booster that feeds us in the village and when there is no more juice, there is no more water either to cool the boiler.
Finally, one always remains dependent on a nuclear reactor for heating.
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 19/02/15, 09:01

or, simpler: put a 12V circulator
they are found in solar equipment.
0 x

Click my signature
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/02/15, 09:04

400 € for a 22W pump? : Shock: : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

Afterwards, we are surprised that ecology still has an "expensive" image ... which repels people?
0 x
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 19/02/15, 11:46

It may be the price of ecology.

It is expensive ecology! I know something about it, in my country there are lots of green people coming from the city and rotting our life in the countryside.

But hey I deviate from the subject.
If I understand correctly, I should have taken a pure sinosoidal wave converter.

It is a ball, they could indicate on the packaging that it is not suitable for motors.
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 19/02/15, 11:57

Rabbit wrote:It is a ball, they could indicate on the packaging that it is not suitable for motors.
Besides, is the motor really connected directly to the 220V :?:

There is not a small control electronics hidden in a corner :?:
0 x