BBQ ash and compost do they mix?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
C moa
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

BBQ ash and compost do they mix?

by C moa » 23/06/09, 16:58

Hi everybody,
A question has been in my head for a few days.
Knowing that in a number of countries, the cultivation of burns is widely practiced under the pretext of having (temporarily) better harvests, I wondered if the ashes of our barbecue could be reused.

My first idea would be to put these ashes in the compost bin but I am open to any other proposal.

Thank you in advance
0 x
It is difficult to single !!!
bain2jasmin
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: barbecue ash and compost do they go well together?

by bain2jasmin » 23/06/09, 18:13

C moa wrote:Hi everybody,
A question has been in my head for a few days.
Knowing that in a number of countries, the cultivation of burns is widely practiced under the pretext of having (temporarily) better harvests, I wondered if the ashes of our barbecue could be reused.

My first idea would be to put these ashes in the compost bin but I am open to any other proposal.

Thank you in advance

yes if your ash is devoid of animal fat
so as you are a privileged person who has access to the cow and the cow consumes the most virtual water, you should not use the ash from your barbecue for the composting process

but hey if you are part of the 80% of the world population who suffers and therefore who does not access the cow to the barbecue, you can use the ashes of your barbecue

ultra clear and limpid answer with childish words eh eh eh blam! in the opening of engineers who are useless except blah blah blah and fire people because they get upset because they have not the last words eh eh eh
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/06/09, 18:19

What is ash? Some answers here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/chimie-com ... t6405.html
and there: https://www.econologie.com/composition-e ... -3465.html

Analysis of the ashes reveals the existence of mineral or metallic substances drawn from the soil by the plant.

When combined, these substances only appear in small quantities. These are mainly:

- sulfur, phosphorus, chlorine, silicon, potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, sodium.

Personal (we have a lot since we only heat with wood) and we spread them directly on the lawn .... see on the snow when there is!

The ash slightly raises the pH and as the earth is quite acidic here (and full of moss) it takes a stone 1 times: a mineral amendment and an increase in ph.

As compost is an acidic environment by nature, there may be drawbacks to putting a large amount of ash (ph, decrease in bacterial activity, disturbed fauna ...).

In the case of as small a quantity as a bbq I think there is nothing wrong with putting it all in your compost!

Bucheron what do you think?
0 x
Ibis.
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Ibis. » 23/06/09, 18:22

Wood ash is mostly calcium and potassium, in varying amounts depending on the wood of your charcoal.
It can be extended at a rate of approximately 100 g per m2 every 2-3 years and provides some important nutrients.
Given the calcium, it should not be used in acid-loving plants (Rhododendron and others).
If your soil is very heavy and beating, reduce these doses, or space out the supplies. For the passage through the compost stage, I do not see a problem if you put layers thin enough not to clog the heap.
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."