How to spend less electricity for cooking?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
mageflor
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

How to spend less electricity for cooking?

by mageflor » 16/04/07, 11:49

As a way to save electricity in cooking food, I wanted to talk to you about solar ovens that use only this free and renewable energy that is the sun. In addition, with global warming and the good weather that we have every day, it's really THE OPPORTUNITY to use it.
In fact, I am currently doing work for my studies on solar ovens.
This is really THE good idea, since it allows that once the oven is purchased, there is no new expense. And then you can cook all kinds of dishes there; soups, meat, fish, vegetables, breads and cakes.
So in fact, I'm doing an internship for iD Solaire, which is the only French company that markets these solar ovens.
There are ovens of different types: parabolic ovens, with concentration of heat and box ovens, which work with the greenhouse effect. The site is

code: Select all

www.idsolaire.com
And it's frankly not expensive: 199 euros for the small dish and 269 for the Sun Cook box oven. The parabolic oven rises to temperatures of 250 degrees, as much as a traditional oven, so cooking is as fast. For the box oven, the temperature is milder: 200 degrees, which allows food to retain much more its nutritional characteristics. And the other advantage is that for this box oven, there is not even a need to monitor the cooking. It cooks by itself so we can do something else during this time. There is no risk of it burning, because the heat is well distributed everywhere. In addition, it is easily transportable and it takes everywhere like a suitcase, camping or picnic for example. In addition, as the mirrors are flat on the cover, these reflectors which send the sun's rays into the box, there is no risk that there is a hearth outside the device. So it's safe. You get a boil in less than 1 hour, and you can make chops in 1 hour and fish in foil in 1 hour 15 minutes. It makes you think ! For summer, and even spring with the heat we have now ... If at least we could try to use what happens to us wisely. In addition, this is all the more relevant since barbecue is carcinogenic, so it actually allows you to keep all the appeal of barbecue with grilled food without having the disadvantages of health!
It is true that it is up to us who are aware of the urgency of the situation and of the immediate need to save energy to set an example and talk about it around us. We each have a role to play: sharing everything we know that can save energy ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/04/07, 11:55

In view of the ad that you do for idsolar, are you very sure that you are only a student? : roll: : roll:
0 x
momotopo
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by momotopo » 13/07/07, 12:04

It's easier to do like the Chinese, eat as much raw food as possible.

And then with the time we have right now, we are not there to eat hot : Cheesy:
0 x
STF
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by STF » 13/07/07, 16:01

yes if there it improves : Lol: : Mrgreen:
Otherwise there is also "the Norwegian pot" (already seen here by the way ..) principle: Insulate as much as possible the bowl once hot in raw wool, cork, ... to keep the heat, it works for a stew to simmer for a long time or pasta by heating just 2-3 minutes instead of 10 ...
Not yet tested the solar oven .. it will come.
I had seen an inflatable on a site, it seemed practical does not travel, if that says something to someone who has a feedback on it .. thank you.

STF
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 13/07/07, 21:02

And it's frankly not expensive: 199 euros for the small dish and 269 for the Sun Cook box oven. The parabolic oven rises to temperatures of 250 degrees, as much as a traditional oven, so cooking is as fast. For the box oven, the temperature is milder: 200 degrees,

Not soon finished, the poets ???? For that price, I find you a martinette in perfect working order!
Well, of course, perfect for raising awareness, but still, given the rate of the minimum wage, we do not have that to do (especially, given the time when I come home from work in the evening, cook solar ... blah!)
Well, of course, we can eat cold:
caviar, oysters, lobster mayonnaise, smoked salmon, champagne, only local products ....
:D :D :D
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be