Host a VIDEO on the Odysee platform?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
sheep
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Host a VIDEO on the Odysee platform?

by sheep » 18/02/24, 14:04

Hello
I'm looking for platforms other than Youtube to post videos on, without having to give a telephone number.
(free videos for individuals, because there are starting to exist many platforms for businesses).

Dailymotion still does, but this company has many other disadvantages which I will not dwell on.
I'm looking for something else.

Vimeo does not require a phone number, but becomes particularly commercial, to the point it seems of blocking videos after a few months of testing (or even a little later).

Rumble seems impossible to me since these imbeciles have chosen to block all of their access to the French (well that's clever!)...
So even if we could host videos with a VPN or a browser, in my opinion, there is no chance that a link or even an integration of the video on a site: would be visible by the average person (and that's what's important - at least that's my research). In addition: telephone number or not... (But in any case: impossible to view by passers-by).

--

Odysee seemed very attractive... I tried 2 months ago (January 2024)... No phone number requested...
On the other hand, we quickly come across a bunch of paid options, and above all: a “credit balance” system which seems incomprehensible to me, absolutely nothing is explained.

I was able to upload my 10-minute video, but when validating all the information, the credit balance system (which had graciously credited me as a newcomer) told me "that I do not have the sufficient credit"...
Now, this is my question:
- this system may not be directly related to money but to a "viewing balance" (and in addition it seems to me that I wanted to add an option at the last moment, which was paid for, which could have confused my validation);
- then: I spotted people who have their videos and who are also on YouTube, and almost certain opinion: these people would not be on Odysee if they had not been able to upload their video for free...
Hence my doubt about how it works.
But then I deleted my account right after (and now I don't have enough email addresses to renew).
WHO CAN EXPLAIN exactly what happened and how to upload to this platform.

--

Bichut seemed possible, but they talk about "peer-to-peer" with "WebTorrent" and at the same time: "searchable videos"... I don't understand... Who has tried.
In my opinion, the peer-to-peer aspect is not new and has nothing to do with hosting viewable videos, but apparently they are talking about a "viewable hosting platform" (?).

--

MySpace (video) I don't know (it seems that these imbeciles are blocking access not only to XP but even to W7 (I no longer have access to my very old accounts even though they are still present) (or the portal is in distress).

https://www.veoh.com : I don't understand and it doesn't inspire confidence in me. it seems a bit "youngsters-latest-versionite+tel", technically amateur, and it's a bit blocking... Has anyone tried?

https://www.veed.io/pricing/fr-FR there seems to be a "free option" but I don't believe it for a second, it shouldn't be sustainable over time, I don't think their model is to burden themselves with accounts that don't pay. and there must surely be a phone to give.

Facebook (video) already I don't have Facebook; I suspect that you will have to provide your phone number, and I have never seen a video from Facebook integrated into external sites.

Tweet (video?) already I don't have a tweeter; I suspect that you will have to provide your phone, and I have never seen a video from a tweeter integrated into external sites.

PeerTube (Framasoft) has NOTHING to do with it... it is simply a content management "script", which they provide to amateurs who have taken accommodation elsewhere, and behind: Framasoft tries to "create" a kind of “community” (a bit like store franchises). The whole thing is, in my opinion, a grotesque idea since of course: it is precisely the ACCOMMODATION which poses a problem... Thus the small amateur groups having placed this "script" on their accommodation are very egotistical, even more closed than the platforms, and of course present no technical future for hosting videos from individuals outside their "group" (which would also immediately saturate their server).
Framasoft has been particularly disappointing from the start, a bit like Quadrature-du-net, sticky and worthless people who want to exist at all costs but don't know what to do with the wind.
2 x
Christophe

Re: Host a VIDEO on the Odysee platform?

by Christophe » 18/02/24, 15:30

automouton wrote:Facebook (video) (...) and I have never seen a video from Facebook integrated into external sites.

Tweet (video?) (...) and I have never seen a video from a tweeter integrated into external sites.

Both can be fully integrated on external sites, 2 completely random examples:

Twitter video:

Facebook video:

(also works here with Dailymotion, Vimeo and Youtube...plus the ads are removed...)
0 x
sheep
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by sheep » 18/02/24, 17:24

Hello and thank you for your answer.

The two big buttons in the middle of the videos are ridiculous and do not fit for integration into finely designed sites.
(you begin to understand that I invoke every excuse not to use those) ...

I especially wonder about Odysee; I think a lot of people like me don't understand how it works...
Besides, it's quite simple to try... But maybe on occasion someone who uses it will be able to explain it better in detail.

Concerning Rumble and their choice to block access to France: this is undoubtedly mainly motivated by a lack of advertising market in relation to a quantity of video that they should support for nothing.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 18/02/24, 19:00

I assume you know that these 2 platforms specialize in misinformation : Wink:
1 x
sheep
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by sheep » 18/02/24, 19:32

Hello and thank you for your answer.
I don't know which platforms you are talking about, and others talk more about "reinformation".
I don't even know quoi you speak, because
what do I care CUM...
...I'm looking for platforms to technically store my videos and integrate them on my site.

I just hope that some user of odysee, or other platforms, can occasionally come and explain how exactly it works.
I already regret having put the beginnings of "comments" on this or that.
Goods.
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 18/02/24, 19:41

And you think that here (apart from our globe-trotting Saint Vincent de Paul who will hasten to help you) someone has something to CUM your bullshit?
1 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 18/02/24, 22:54

automouton wrote:Hello and thank you for your answer.
I don't know which platforms you are talking about, and others talk more about "reinformation".
I don't even know what you're talking about, because
what the FUCK do I give...
I suspected it, given the nickname and the fact of having come to ask your questions here.

I'll let you know anyway in case you missed it. : Mrgreen:
- Rumble, the anti-YouTube that has become a powerful relay of disinformation https://www.strategies.fr/actualites/me ... ation.html
- Odysee: the platform of French conspiracy theorists https://www.francetvinfo.fr/internet/re ... 81703.html
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/02/24, 23:52

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:And you think that here (apart from our globe-trotting Saint Vincent de Paul who will hasten to help you) someone has something to CUM your bullshit?

Even less given his reaction... : Shock:
0 x

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"