Safety restoration of a fuse panel

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
r2d2
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Safety restoration of a fuse panel

by r2d2 » 08/05/23, 16:03

Hello everyone

with a colleague we decided to put back in safety (safety is the name)
d(an old distribution board has fuse holders. house from the 70s has common neutrals!!

I read here that someone had "tried" but didn't seem to do it?.

we are in three-phase 380v (yes it's old), we think placed on a 3-row table

a four-pole differential which will serve as a circuit breaker (also), a lightning arrester module, and 3 differentials
40A 30ma per row followed by circuit breakers.
below is the diagram of this table,

what worries me is the risk of disjunctions, neutrals being common, a way to "find them and pairings?

your opinion ? a method ? someone does it? THANKS

1 x
Christophe

Re: Resetting a fuse panel

by Christophe » 08/05/23, 17:26

Uh yes good idea to dump all this while keeping the 2 or 3 modern things and start again on a clean new board with differentials and circuit breakers to current standards!

For the identification of phase neutral pairs, there are devices that can identify remotely... see with an electrician if you can rent it or that he just does this part of the site... Otherwise I think you can find some less than 150€...

Otherwise there is always the option to plug something in and put the juice ... pair by pair ... but it's much longer ...
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 08/05/23, 18:26

r2d2 wrote:the neutrals being common, a way to "find them and pairings?
Will have to probe, hoping that a neutral is not common to several circuits.
Personally, that's how it is with me. I'm in mono. I just put a 30 mA differential at the start of everything, in anticipation of redoing the board later.
I have all the elements, but as long as it works... : Wink:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/05/23, 18:30

izentrop wrote:Will have to probe, hoping that a neutral is not common to several circuits.

If I understand correctly, they all are! : Mrgreen:
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 08/05/23, 18:52

Christophe wrote:
izentrop wrote:Will have to probe, hoping that a neutral is not common to several circuits.
If I understand correctly, they all are! : Mrgreen:
There can be 3 phases for a neutral wire. In the 60s, there was no distinction between socket and light circuits, with a common neutral sometimes.

His case seems more recent, there seem to be as many phase wires as neutral wires on the board.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/05/23, 19:01

Just count the reds and blues coming out of this shit painting !! : Mrgreen:
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 08/05/23, 19:04

Yeah but hey, oh, it's not within reach of Toulmonde! : Mrgreen:
1 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 08/05/23, 19:39

This table has been slightly modified since 1960...
Mine mono of 76 had the current light and force separated, but concentrated on certainly doors fuses with filaments or cartridges.
A few years later, I had made a larger wooden panel, diversifying the circuits a little more and replacing everything with 10 and 20A magneto-thermal bipolar circuit breakers (recovered because the installation had been modernized in my company), and a good big 30milli differential circuit breaker of 63A (which can do more, can do less).
But following a pb back from vacation, due to an old fridge that tripped the whole thing, the chest freezer was lost.
Since then I had put a switch in parallel on it and cut off this differential, for trifles of possible overheating during our absences. : Mrgreen:

It's safe with such an installation, homemade, I'm safe, but.... I couldn't rent or sell the shack in my lifetime : roll:
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 08/05/23, 20:31

Advisors are not the payers, so just consider this post as a question.
I gave at a certain time in the modification / renovation / extension of electrical panel at home, in an old house, I know what a hassle it can sometimes be.
But even if you have to redo everything, have you thought (if it's possible for you) to switch to single-phase?
It necessarily costs a little because it's a company that will intervene on behalf of your distributor, but then it still simplifies things.
And normally it can allow you to subscribe to a lower subscription so less expensive.
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 08/05/23, 20:34

So I don't know, I had both subscriptions when I bought my shack. One day I asked EDF to remove the 380V for me, useless for my use and which caused fastoche tripping in the event of a storm, it was done (almost) immediately and for free. Afterwards, if he's no longer with EDF, you're right and I don't know how it's going.
0 x