Overtax the most polluting cars

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Overtax the most polluting cars

by Bibiphoque » 02/09/05, 13:55

Hello,
Found on the TG

http://www.tdg.ch/

@+
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)
The Passing

by The Passing » 02/09/05, 14:12

It's a joke (even hypocrisy!) To give yourself a clear conscience this measure ... ppffff <_

Fuels should simply be taxed according to their power to emit CO2, period. So a tax per liter per type of fuel, and presto!

So the polluters would be the payers, all the time.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/09/05, 14:30

Benoit- wrote:Fuels should simply be taxed according to their power to emit CO2, period. So a tax per liter per type of fuel, and presto!

So the polluters would be the payers, all the time.

You're crazy ... Already the big consumers are on the verge of revolt ... :D

Well we wake up: our dependence on oil is dangerous? But what a scoop !!! I had to think before ... now you have to pay and hold manufacturers and their friends accountable for the oil that grows more and more!

ps: basically I am 100% agree with you ... and in my opinion before $ 120 to $ 130 per barrel, nothing will change in the long term. The beginning of a solution would consist in reinjecting the money from (over) taxes in the R&D or installation of cleaner engines !!
0 x
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 02/09/05, 14:34

Hello,
In fact, it inflates us with CO2, any combustion of hydrocarbon in product! They don't even take into account that you can drive at the HVB !! in this tax, it is again a scam of motorists / cash cows!
@+
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 02/09/05, 14:56

I find the principle interesting (well yes it penalizes large 4x4 for example) and not the smallest cars which belong to those who have the means. I find you a little always never happy since the time we talk about it finally happens. Engines that emit less CO2 will necessarily be enhanced.

The principle of paying that on the gray card seems to me not great because depending on how we need to renew it, we will pay more or less.

That said, I agree 100% with Benoît, it would be much better to charge the fuel directly.

In any case for or against, it's a great info thank you Bibiphoque, Christophe if you could pass it in the news :-)
0 x
The Passing

by The Passing » 02/09/05, 15:45

What is ridiculous is that this measure only affects new vehicles (or bought / changed owners) from next year, and this 'tax' is collected only once per owner.

Those who can afford to buy powerful vehicles will laugh well when the registration card will cost the enormous sum of € 600 additional (for example with a 22cv tax vehicle, in Indre and Loire) compared to the price of the vehicle in question ... quickly paid, immediately forgotten :(

Ultimately, it would have been necessary to put the sticker back on track, paid each year, according to the CO2 emissions of the vehicle, that's all :)
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 02/09/05, 15:55

Yes you are right the principle of the gray card is stupid and on the price of a large vehicle, it is negligible it is true it is more to make noise than to be effective.
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 02/09/05, 16:21

I am ready for a paying tax depending on the vehicle, without any possibility of exemption ... In addition, for vehicles over 4 years old, the results of car technical checks are (or can) be transmitted to the prefecture which may index this tax according to the pollution rates recorded, the CO2-CO-Nx rates emitted, and the kilometers traveled (because these data are recorded during these checks, and are deemed to be noted on the vehicle transfer certificate).

Likewise, unannounced roadside checks by law enforcement would allow these horrible drivers who precede us with their smelly and smoky auto, to see a surcharge applied to their vehicle - until repaired and disregarded.

This would be the fairest system because those who buy a less polluting vehicle, or who maintain it so that it consumes and pollutes less, will be encouraged. When or PMC, it will also be beneficial even from an economic point of view ...
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 02/09/05, 19:04

Taxing fuel for their emission of GHGs (Greenhouse Gas) per liter seems to me the best solution !!

The gray card is good but € 600 just for the purchase of a 22cv (!!!) tax vehicle, it is sure that it is frankly insufficient.

All the same, it is going in the right direction and it is always taken. Let's stop being never happy, nonolerobot is right. : rolleyes:
0 x
The Passing

by The Passing » 02/09/05, 21:04

Here is the kind of scene that I have NEVER seen in real life yet (first time, and on the web!)

They could get a lot of money if they checked the vehicles more often. It is all the easier since the vehicles in question are easily visible visually (with the nose too!).

This is the kind of anomaly that must be heavily taxed. It will encourage people to have their engines adjusted for 1 / 100th of the price of the fine, and to become aware of the problem ...

It reminds me of a sentence that I read on I no longer know which site:

"If your car's muffler was sticking out the center of the steering wheel, how would you go?" :P
0 x

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."