EDF Energies Nouvelles: a 'very strong success' according to Euronext.

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

EDF Energies Nouvelles: a 'very strong success' according to Euronext.

by bham » 29/11/06, 16:21

Well, well, renewable energies interest the financial markets. Would there be money to be made ....? But what are the renewable energies developed by EDF that pay off?

http://www.boursorama.com/infos/actuali ... ws=3815197

Euronext welcomed on Wednesday the 'very successful' meeting of EDF Energies Nouvelles' IPO, the 118th IPO since the start of the year.

The stock market operator recalls that the EDF subsidiary specializing in renewable energies has placed 12,14 million shares on the market representing a total amount of 339,9 million euros of capital raised.

The global placement reserved for institutional investors was oversubscribed approximately 31 times and the open price offer for individuals almost 10 times.

Based on the first quoted price today, that is to say 32,60 euros (a jump of 16,4%), EDF Energies Nouvelles had a market capitalization of 1,96 billion euros.

The title was up 19% to 33,3 euros in the early afternoon.

"This IPO strengthens the new energy sector on Euronext," said Euronext in its press release.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/11/06, 16:37

The stock markets are filling up but the atmosphere is always full (of course CO2 ...)

Even bullshit for carbon exchanges ... (it's not me, it's Jancovici who says so ...)
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 29/11/06, 17:38

Seen on:
Link
The new EDF Energies Nouvelles share triumphantly entered the stock market on Wednesday, with a valuation worthy of the "internet bubble", ie six times its turnover, thanks to investors' appetite for the rapid growth of wind energy.

"Their investment program is impressive. It is a leader in the buoyant wind market. For now, everyone is buying but there may be a backlash," commented a broker, in noting that the company offered itself from its first listing a value "worthy of the internet bubble".

At 12:00 (11:00 GMT), the EDF Energies Nouvelles share snapped up at 33,33 euros, 19% more than its IPO price (28 euros per share), valuing the company at around 2 billion euros, or six times its turnover.

Wind power now constitutes 78% of its installed production capacity, the rest coming from hydraulics, biomass and solar.

"The wind industry is very promising. As proof, major players are firmly betting on renewable energies such as the Spanish Iberdrola, which will create the third European energy group with Scottish Power", commented a seller of shares at a independent broker.

The French wind farm will have doubled in 2006, reaching 1.500 megawatts (MW) at the end of the year against 757 MW at the end of 2005, announced Michèle Pappalardo, president of the Environment and Environmental Management Agency. energy (Ademe) at a conference on November 16 in Amiens.

"We were at 1.337 MW at the end of October and we will end 2006 at 1.500 MW," she said. "It has been two years in a row that we have doubled" the installed capacity of the French fleet, which is currently made up of around a thousand wind turbines, she stressed.

The EDF subsidiary, "in its niche has relatively few competitors, it dominates its market, so it is a good investment, the share should go up", explained another seller of shares, from a large bank. European.

"The appetite of investors is enormous. But the valuation is however high," tempered the same source.

Founded in 1990, EDF Energies nouvelles achieved turnover of 2005 million euros in 336,2 and recorded gross operating profit (Ebitda) of 62,3 million euros.

The IPO also enabled it to carry out a very significant capital increase.

"The capital increase comes out at 525 million euros, including the part reserved for EDF", observe analysts of the American broker Raymond James, according to which the action is not so expensive, in view of the expected growth of the group over the next ten years.

"Given the strong visibility of the economic model, with a guaranteed price per MWh over more than 10 years, compared to traditional electricity suppliers - whose electricity price depends on that of CO2 and fuels - the market could value EDF EN's growth above that of the sector, "said Raymond James, in a note to his customers.

So it's the wind that drives them.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/11/06, 17:45

After tomorrow it's -20% ...
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 29/11/06, 18:24

Hello

blah! I took some but they spun so little that it will not finance my electrolyzer :frown:

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/11/06, 18:32

zac wrote:Hello

blah! I took some but they spun so little that it will not finance my electrolyzer :frown:

@+

Like "I lost my Rmi on the stock market" .... Ouvaton? : Shock:
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 29/11/06, 19:28

You said

EDF ?
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
saveplanet
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by saveplanet » 29/11/06, 20:27

Too bad, I never received it ... : Cheesy:
However, it's not for lack of complaining!
Ah, the excesses of the monopoly ...
0 x
Together we can change the

Back to "Economy and finance, sustainability, growth, GDP, ecological tax systems"