Total Pole airship / Jean Louis Etienne / La Geode

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
planet
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Total Pole airship / Jean Louis Etienne / La Geode

by planet » 16/01/08, 23:30

For information,
Friday January 18th at 20:30 pm, as part of the festival focused on the environment "Planète Géode",
Jean Louis Etienne evening / Total Pole airship

During this exceptional evening, Jean-Louis Etienne will preview the expedition
Total Pole airship whose objective is to measure the thickness of the pack ice that covers the Arctic Ocean.
He will comment on the first images of the preparation of the team and the tests of the airship three months
Before his departure.

www.lageode.fr

La Geode, 26, avenue Corentin Cariou - 75019 Paris

0 x
Alfan83
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

JL Etienne, the Total

by Alfan83 » 11/02/08, 10:09

For information, if Total sets sail for Art with Jean-Louis Etienne, it is not by chance or by philanthropy! Or maybe the speed of the melting ice that Jean-Louis Etienne will measure interests them to know by which maritime route they can transport the oil and gas that they will exploit in the Arctic with the Russians?

Here are some edifying articles on the subject.

http://fr.rian.ru/analysis/20071107/86994568.html

Global warming and polar melting: new sea route for oil:
http://www.leblogfinance.com/2006/03/le_rchauffement.html

Enjoy your reading!

Of course, I have not done a hundredth of what JL Etienne has achieved, but I am sure of one thing: I would never, ever, choose Total or any other oil company as sponsors for this type shipping.

It is a bit like an alcoholic getting sponsored by a big brand of Whiskey for a drug rehab. everyone would find it strange ... Don't you think? Anyway, if the shipment takes place, the Total Logo will really stain on the ice floe. In view of recent events, nature has apparently made its choice. She clearly does not want Total and her ball.

There were so many other good choices to make to find a sponsor worthy of this expedition ... But I am not in the place of Mr. Etienne and I do not know his motivations ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/02/08, 10:18

Yes I think a little the same ... besides at the beginning I was not even sure that it was TOTAL because their logo was quite well "camouflaged" (distorted) ... and it was not clearly indicated TOTAL...

But anyway the airship crashed on a villa a few weeks ago so the shipping is largely questioned (unless total goes back to the cash what I doubt ...) ...
0 x