Can Rock relate to econology?

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
louphil
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Can Rock relate to econology?

by louphil » 19/07/07, 16:41

A thousand apologies for this somewhat vague title, but I did not know how to formulate it ...
So I just put online the site of the Rock group of which I am a guitarist. If I ask the question of the title, it is because the formation recently adopted the name of "Z-Machine" ... for econological reasons, of course 8) It can be visited at: http://www.z-machine.fr
On the other hand, and the purpose of the post is clearly stated, I would like to have various opinions concerning its presentation (and possibly its content). I'm a little afraid that it will be a bit heavy to load, and I haven't tested it with the most popular Internet Explorer browser. So I don't know if the graphics that I fine-tuned for a long time will appear correctly ...
And if someone may be interested in a link exchange ....
0 x
http://wunic.fr

This is because the speed of light is greater than that of sound,
Some have the brilliant air before the air con ....:D :D :D
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 19/07/07, 16:55

They consume how much the electric guitars?
: Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
Dsl, stronger than me : Lol:
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 19/07/07, 16:57

I confirm, it's slow to death to load.
Try to lower the resolution of the images maybe?
0 x
louphil
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by louphil » 19/07/07, 19:35

They consume how much the electric guitars?
Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green
Dsl, stronger than me

There is no harm, it is legitimate on this forum ... : Cheesy: In fact, 99% of the time, it mostly consumes elbow grease and fingers, because apart from the rare repeats or concerts, I play "dry", without an amp ... 8)
Otherwise according to the amp used and the volume of work, it is necessary to count for 50 Watts of yield a little more than the double consumed ... And with 50 Watts with tubes, you have largely enough to make enemies for life in the neighborhood ...
For the slowness of loading, I think it's mostly the html code itself (I'm far from being a pro, it's my first ...), because the photos have been lightened to the extreme , to black and white ... the entire site (without the music to download ...) weighs less than 1Mo for a dozen pages. I think it must be because they are scalable in width and have a large number of edit boxes to place correctly. If anyone has an idea to optimize this code, I'm interested.
Otherwise, no display defects on presentation graphics? What did you watch with, Internet Explorer?
0 x

Christophe

by Christophe » 20/07/07, 13:18

Which is your "flagship" song?

You sing in English?
0 x
louphil
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by louphil » 20/07/07, 14:35

There are no "flagship" songs in particular ... The song that we prefer among the proposed compositions is "Seventh Cavlry" which "castigates" the American genocide of the 19th ... Another version is on the grill and will include an Intro in French that I hope will be online within 6 months ... Otherwise, I think the most affordable (even if the sound is as aggressive as the others ...) is "Enought of this Shit "whose theme is a (small) tribute to Mr Hendrix, but the solo a little long, may force more than one ...
The covers, I do not speak, since they are present on the site only as a demo, however nothing prevents them from downloading, or listen online ... But I do not know too much legislation in the case of a different interpretation of an original not belonging to us ... One thing is certain, they would be better with an uninformed public ....
But in a general way, the sound of these 8 pieces is more a preview intended for demos, than for purposes of diffusion. Other better finalized recordings will come very soon ...

As for the texts, it is John who writes them, and is much more at ease with the Englishman, since he is Irish, than with the Frenchman. However, it is planned to put the texts online and their French version. But, from a common view, we find, as musicians, that English sounds better for the style we practice. To get to sound French on Rock, we should be bcp more talented with the words ...

Otherwise, no problem with the display (other than the loading length)? If yes tell me with which browser, that I try to correct the problem ...
0 x

Misterloxo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Misterloxo » 20/07/07, 20:12

Hi louhil,

I confirm it's slow to load, very slow even.

I looked at the weight of the "z-machine" image at the top of your site: Bigre: 110 Kb alone.

It's too much. With adsl, it's slow, with an in-surfable modem ...

At the display level under mozilla qq unsightly effects:

- the left banner shows a hole below HOME (spelling)
- there is an elevator that appears in your main layer / arrange for everything to be displayed in one go.

Otherwise, it's not bad and I know it's a job ...

Good luck to you and the Z-Machine ...
0 x
Learning disobedience is a long process. It takes a lifetime to reach perfection. "Maurice Rajsfus
To think is to say no. "Alain, philosopher
louphil
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by louphil » 21/07/07, 00:14

Thank you misterloxo for your observations. I had not seen the typo on the word "home" ... repeated on all the pages (aie, aie, aie ...). By dint of seeing it written like that, I had finished convincing myself that it was good food. It's corrected ...
I also narrowed the image of the home page, or rather divided by three its weight, and for the banner so for those it should be a little better ...
But I am afraid to be forced to review my graphic chart which must weigh some weight too ...
As for the elevator it was wanted, I wanted fluid content in width, but not in height ... But I admit that even with Firefox, the bottom blinks when scrolling. I think that I will fix all that ... It will have the advantage of lightening the code too ...
0 x