Classified DPE information F

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
jlt22
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jlt22 » 23/08/10, 22:28

Hello,
End 2007, I bought a house of 80 m2 habitable, heated in town gas
My DPE ranked it in D; estimated heating consumption 13830 Kw,
estimated water heating 2100 Kw, a total energy of 15930 kw.
From June 2008 to June 2009 I consumed 9050 Kw in all.

Having found on the internet the software with which my DPE was done, I returned at best all the requested parameters. The end result gave me 10200 kw. I made a test by omitting the insulation of the walls and the total number then corresponded to the DPE: it is to say the seriousness with which these diagnoses are made !!!!!!
The only evaluated consumption that corresponds is the energy needed to heat the sanitary water. This is the consumption made outside the heating period postponed to the year.

In July 2009, I replaced my original double glazing with double glazing 4x12x4 argon + ITR, my total consumption from June 2009 to June 2010 was 8180 KW, ie 6080 Kw for heating alone.

So I get closer to a real DPE classified B

My house dates from 1983 is full foot with single attic and has a floor heating, I heated 20 ° wide in the living room (kitchen living room), no regulation, following the time I manually adjust the T ° , sometimes I stop the heating, the living room is south. (It takes a little retirement)
Insulation, 6cm of polystyrene in the floor, 10 cm in the walls, 20cm of glass wool to the ceiling.The attic is not insulated.
No vmc, high and low natural ventilation in the kitchen to the south and the bathroom to the north.

This year, I just installed hygrometric exhaust fans in the kitchen and bathroom instead of natural ventilation.

I do not plan to install other energies, I will not see the end of depreciation. I also specify that the Kw gas is charged about 2 times cheaper than the electric Kw.

All this to tell you that I have no confidence in ECD, even if the one I benefited was favorable to me
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 23/08/10, 22:39

Korben Dallas wrote:
bernardd wrote:Yet, consume 18352 kWh per year of electricity, it means asking EDF to spend 87390 kWh of heat to manufacture this electricity and transport it, and invest for it, with all the consequences that entails.

This is why we must reduce consumption, before anything else. And given the current consumption, it should be easy.

It all depends on the size of the house.

If it is necessary to invest 20000 € like many current quotes for insulation, it is clearly not interesting: it is more economical to change energy.

Korben Dallas wrote:
bernardd wrote:Replacing this electricity consumption by direct solar (thermal sensor) or indirect solar (biomass) is very different, both ecologically (no mineral consumption) and economic (local production).

We do not know the habits of consumption of dodo, but I doubt very much that investing in a CESI can be profitable, especially considering the prices practiced by the craftsmen to install this system (4000 € mini). Hypothesis: assuming that 20% of the 18352 kWh are used to produce the ECS, ie 3670 kWh, or about 370 € / year. The return time will be very long ...

Your estimate of panel heat wages is largely oversized: a panel of 3m2 is worth less than 400 €, the PER tube is worth less than 1 € / m, the most expensive will be the adapted water heater, although we can easily manage with standard water heaters if you're a little handyman.

Otherwise you have to go through a craftsman, but a day 7h should be enough: 350 € to 50h / h?

bernardd wrote:In any case, the maximum savings per year is the current expense of about 1835 € / year to 0,1 € / kWh.

If already, this consumption falls by half, it will be an excellent result! [/ Quote]

Absolutely, it's almost impossible by insulation alone. On the other hand, by switching to direct and indirect solar, it is quite possible, especially if we can have cheap biomass or self-produced.
0 x
See you soon !
jlt22
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jlt22 » 23/08/10, 23:02

In my previous post, replace Kw with Kwh
0 x
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 24/08/10, 00:36

Korben Dallas wrote:
bernardd wrote:Yet, consume 18352 kWh per year of electricity, it means asking EDF to spend 87390 kWh of heat to manufacture this electricity and transport it, and invest for it, with all the consequences that entails.

This is why we must reduce consumption, before anything else. And given the current consumption, it should be easy.

that is easy, I am a taker of the method.

As for the solar I have a heating engineer who told me on the phone that saw the region (Alsace) it was not advisable and yet our German neighbors use the solar.

in terms of mounting a central heating circuit, I'm not really handyman but that may be that with a good scheme it's worth it to be interested.
0 x
Korben Dallas
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Korben Dallas » 24/08/10, 11:05

bernardd wrote:If it is necessary to invest 20000 € like many current quotes for insulation, it is clearly not interesting: it is more economical to change energy.

Sorry, but to improve the comfort of the home and reduce the impact on the planet, we must do everything to reduce its consumption above all.

bernardd wrote:Your estimate of panel heat wages is largely oversized: a panel of 3m2 is worth less than 400 €, the PER tube is worth less than 1 € / m, the most expensive will be the adapted water heater, although we can easily manage with standard water heaters if you're a little handyman.

Otherwise you have to go through a craftsman, but a day 7h should be enough: 350 € to 50h / h?

Ok, I take you at the word. Can you come to my home to install this system for this price, I'm interested? :-)

bernardd wrote:Absolutely, it's almost impossible by insulation alone. On the other hand, by switching to direct and indirect solar, it is quite possible, especially if we can have cheap biomass or self-produced.

It's well known: passive houses do not exist ...

Well, sorry, but I'm not at all in tune with your reasoning. And as I do not want to argue, I'll stay there. : Evil:
0 x
Korben Dallas
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Korben Dallas » 24/08/10, 11:09

dodo wrote:that is easy, I am a taker of the method.

As for the solar I have a heating engineer who told me on the phone that saw the region (Alsace) it was not advisable and yet our German neighbors use the solar.

in terms of mounting a central heating circuit, I'm not really handyman but that may be that with a good scheme it's worth it to be interested.

If I can give you even one advice, do not consult a heating technician who will do everything to sell you what brings him the most. Go see an expert, a thermal auditor (a real one, but someone who does ECD only). In Alsace, there is Philippe Deson from ATE Conseil (http://www.ate-conseil.eu/who will know how to analyze your house, and you propose a panel of solutions adapted to your needs.
0 x
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 24/08/10, 11:57

we saw one to make a thermal balance and he recommended a pellet boiler.
I may be re-soliciting one to do either a thermography or infiltrometry.
0 x
Korben Dallas
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Korben Dallas » 24/08/10, 12:10

I am very surprised that the thermist gives you only one solution, very oriented to the replacement of the heating system which is more. Is it the one who made the ECD? If so, do not expect much of a specific or even objective. DPEs are made in the chain and the cost of the service does not allow the one who does, to take the time to deepen.

You should know more about the structure of your home: surface, age, type of insulation installed, type of ventilation, etc.
Because your consumption is important and no doubt that the loss must be important, or your heating habits very greedy (+ 1 ° C heating temperature costs about 7% more energy).
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 24/08/10, 12:38

Difficult to make the right choice from a collection of affirmations pro with contradictions!

In my opinion, you must know how much you can spend to improve!

Then draw up the list of constraints and possibilities unless this price, with objections, criticisms, visible lies, difficulties, chances of fulfilling promises, lifespan (CAP and mechanical systems, complex = lie), the complexity, check on the actual achievements of companies, measure the risk of bankruptcy, search for hidden errors in the house (thermal bridges and insulation holes yourself), learn to become competent, and then the best choice conscious, thoughtful will become possible !!

A wood heating seems to me a possible solution that I use, with variable price of very little (gratis recovered wood, insert and grinder) (but constraints to the use of often reloading wood and decend) to the automatic boiler burning of everything, charging itself, disintegrating alone, almost as simple as gas but expensive to buy and very low cost with this wood thrown.
http://www.arecpc.com/Energie/bois/chau ... e_bois.htm
http://www.giteairdutemps.com/chaudiere.htm
http://www.google.fr/webhp?client=firef ... 482f27b090
http://solaire2000.pagesperso-orange.fr ... U_BOIS.htm

One difficulty is that they take a lot of space, and therefore rather for farmers.
Avoid traps and pellets at the price following the fuel, because the customer is trapped !!
0 x
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 24/08/10, 13:35

Korben Dallas wrote:I am very surprised that the thermist gives you only one solution, very oriented to the replacement of the heating system which is more. Is it the one who made the ECD? If so, do not expect much of a specific or even objective. DPEs are made in the chain and the cost of the service does not allow the one who does, to take the time to deepen.

You should know more about the structure of your home: surface, age, type of insulation installed, type of ventilation, etc.
Because your consumption is important and no doubt that the loss must be important, or your heating habits very greedy (+ 1 ° C heating temperature costs about 7% more energy).

he did well 2 recommendations but it was too long to posted so I made a document with the recommendations and their estimated cost that I joined.

https://www.econologie.com/fichiers/partager2/1282649510KX5IQs.pdf
0 x