Classified DPE information F

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Classified DPE information F

by dodo » 19/08/10, 09:11

Hello,

since there is a lot of talk about ECD, which I do not think is good enough to see a label on its property.

our house has been labeled F with a consumption of 15KW in electricity.

I wondered if the energy had an influence on the note.
0 x
sspid14
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by sspid14 » 23/08/10, 12:34

Kw represent a power and not a consumption ...

The question is not very clear elsewhere ...
0 x
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 23/08/10, 12:38

yes indeed my question is not very clear.

in fact I was wondering if a house heating electric or gas see wood etc would have the same rating at the level of a dpe.
0 x
Korben Dallas
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Korben Dallas » 23/08/10, 15:25

The electric kWh is affected by an 2,58 coefficient to calculate the primary energy required to make a kWh at the power outlet.
This is not the case with "wood" energy.

So, no, the result would not be the same with a wood heater.

Moreover, at the CO2 level, wood being renewable, enjoys much better results.
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 23/08/10, 15:31

And 2,58 is nice, the real factor is rather 5: at best 25% energy efficiency for a nuclear power plant, followed by 16% losses in the network and for the manufacture of nuclear fuel: 0,25x0,84 = 0,21
0 x
See you soon !
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 23/08/10, 16:02

ok, I understand better why my energy balance speaks of a consumption of 18352 kw and in final energy we are 46995.

therefore, the same good can be considered as energy-intensive in electricity and no longer be so by just changing the heating energy.
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 23/08/10, 16:06

dodo wrote:ok, I understand better why my energy balance speaks of a consumption of 18352 kw and in final energy we are 46995.

kWh kWh kWh thank you otherwise we understand nothing, and we continue to mislead.

1 1 kW radiator running for 1 time consumes 1kWh
0 x
Click my signature
Korben Dallas
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Korben Dallas » 23/08/10, 16:24

dodo wrote:therefore, the same good can be considered as energy-intensive in electricity and no longer be so by just changing the heating energy.

No, intrinsically, if it consumes a lot of electricity, it means that it consumes a lot of energy, whatever it is, electrical or other (s).

Heating with wood will not change anything. This will only change the DPE, but that's not the most important thing. It is therefore better to spend "the money of the wood boiler" on insulation in your house to reduce its consumption.
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 23/08/10, 20:58

Korben Dallas wrote:
dodo wrote:therefore, the same good can be considered as energy-intensive in electricity and no longer be so by just changing the heating energy.

No, intrinsically, if it consumes a lot of electricity, it means that it consumes a lot of energy, whatever it is, electrical or other (s).

Yet, consume 18352 kWh per year of electricity, it means asking EDF to spend 87390 kWh of heat to manufacture this electricity and transport it, and invest for it, with all the consequences that entails.

Replacing this electricity consumption by direct solar (thermal sensor) or indirect solar (biomass) is very different, both ecologically (no mineral consumption) and economic (local production).

Korben Dallas wrote:Heating with wood will not change anything. This will only change the DPE, but that's not the most important thing. It is therefore better to spend "the money of the wood boiler" on insulation in your house to reduce its consumption.

Everything depends on the orders of magnitude of the expenses:

- solar thermal collectors for domestic hot water reduces electricity consumption outside of winter without complex work: this translates directly into a significant electrical saving, to be evaluated in relation to the measurements made;

- increase the size of the sensors allows to have more hot water for heating, but it is necessary water radiators, whose cost can be greatly reduced by the use of PER tubes or equivalent that can easily be to build oneself nowadays;

- a wood stove is a simple way to balance electricity consumption and wood, even biomass to burn grinding waste;

- The insulation is interesting when the existing insulation is totally deficient, the most urgent being to limit the circulation of air, while maintaining the sanitary minimum. The more effective the insulation becomes, the lower the energy interest is;

- the simplest being the use of warm clothes with a low ambient temperature. The woman tends less well this method, while it is the most effective for the line :-)

In any case, the maximum savings per year is the current expense of about 1835 € / year to 0,1 € / kWh.
0 x
See you soon !
Korben Dallas
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Korben Dallas » 23/08/10, 21:32

bernardd wrote:Yet, consume 18352 kWh per year of electricity, it means asking EDF to spend 87390 kWh of heat to manufacture this electricity and transport it, and invest for it, with all the consequences that entails.

This is why we must reduce consumption, before anything else. And given the current consumption, it should be easy.

bernardd wrote:Replacing this electricity consumption by direct solar (thermal sensor) or indirect solar (biomass) is very different, both ecologically (no mineral consumption) and economic (local production).

We do not know the habits of consumption of dodo, but I doubt very much that investing in a CESI can be profitable, especially considering the prices practiced by the craftsmen to install this system (4000 € mini). Hypothesis: assuming that 20% of the 18352 kWh are used to produce the ECS, ie 3670 kWh, or about 370 € / year. The return time will be very long ...

bernardd wrote:Everything depends on the orders of magnitude of the expenses:

- solar thermal collectors for domestic hot water reduces electricity consumption outside of winter without complex work: this translates directly into a significant electrical saving, to be evaluated in relation to the measurements made;

It's not so easy to install this kind of sensors ...

bernardd wrote:- increase the size of the sensors allows to have more hot water for heating, but it is necessary water radiators, whose cost can be greatly reduced by the use of PER tubes or equivalent that can easily be to build oneself nowadays;

Starting from electric heating, the work will be very important to set up radiators and heating circuit with hot water. Not to mention that it will also require a main heating system for the days without sun and cold periods.

bernardd wrote:- a wood stove is a simple way to balance electricity consumption and wood, even biomass to burn grinding waste;

Sorry, I did not see that he had grinding waste : Cry:

bernardd wrote:- The insulation is interesting when the existing insulation is totally deficient, the most urgent being to limit the circulation of air, while maintaining the sanitary minimum. The more effective the insulation becomes, the lower the energy interest is;

If he consumes so much, unless the house is very large, no doubt that the insulation is deficient.
But I agree on the need to work also on ventilation and airtightness.

bernardd wrote:- the simplest being the use of warm clothes with a low ambient temperature. The woman tends less well this method, while it is the most effective for the line :-)

We live in comfort. It is unlikely to do without this comfort, especially if you have the choice ... by paying energy bills all in all, quite inexpensive.

bernardd wrote:In any case, the maximum savings per year is the current expense of about 1835 € / year to 0,1 € / kWh.

If already, this consumption falls by half, it will be an excellent result!
0 x