An inexhaustible movement unnatural and never exploited

Innovations, ideas or patents for sustainable development. Decrease in energy consumption, reduction of pollution, improvement of yields or processes ... Myths or reality about inventions of the past or the future: the inventions of Tesla, Newman, Perendev, Galey, Bearden, cold fusion ...
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 04/06/11, 19:57

Well the idea is not so bad, since the system replaces a braking which is energy lost in heat.
For example in descents, we would have a significant safety gain for trucks and coaches.
After, lay a trick that slows down 38 tons of 5 or 10 km / h, without big vibrations and is sturdy enough to run 20 years without big glitches, it must not be so simple ...
0 x
Exceed
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Exceed » 05/06/11, 02:30

dirk pitt wrote:
but if the energy thus produced does not come out of the water, if the movement is actuated by the vehicle, the energy will have been produced by its fuel.

Taking into account a vehicle that goes anyway to this place, so the fuel is already used for the passage, it is not this fuel that would produce the energy but the mass of the vehicle. Whether there is a plateau that lowers to produce energy or not, the fuel will be consumed in the same way, nothing extra.
The goal is to recover energy through the passage and not to bring a vehicle for the purpose of producing this energy. For example, we can produce energy (mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic or electric) to open the barrier, change the color of fire, a toll ... Finally, you see ... : Cheesy:
0 x
Respect !!!
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 05/06/11, 11:49

Exceed wrote:
dirk pitt wrote:
but if the energy thus produced does not come out of the water, if the movement is actuated by the vehicle, the energy will have been produced by its fuel.

Taking into account a vehicle that goes anyway to this place, so the fuel is already used for the passage, it is not this fuel that would produce the energy but the mass of the vehicle. Whether there is a plateau that lowers to produce energy or not, the fuel will be consumed in the same way, nothing extra.
The goal is to recover energy through the passage and not to bring a vehicle for the purpose of producing this energy. For example, we can produce energy (mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic or electric) to open the barrier, change the color of fire, a toll ... Finally, you see ... : Cheesy:

Sorry to insist but no! it will take a additional energy given by the vehicle to lower your tray or any device elsewhere.
moreover the energy recovered will be less than the additional energy that it took the vehicle to operate the device. it's not me who says it, it's physics;

it reminds me of the discussion (here or elsewhere) on small wind turbines mounted in the grille to generate electricity.
0 x
Click my signature
Did67

by Did67 » 05/06/11, 12:12

Let's be a little realistic:

- the biggest loss of a thermal vehicle is the 65% of heat released by the radiator, a vehicle being above all a boiler; there, the realistic way seems to me to be electric, so as to "recharge" the car in cogeneration, even from solar ...

- the second big "useless loss" is the braking (it is necessary to dissipate the energy to stop - moreover, an economical driving is that of the one who brakes the least while anticicpant); it is the views on the descents; the simple solution is then hybridization and / or electric with energy recovery on each braking ...

- and anyway, the simplest is still to reduce the movements; when the trucks stop circulating to lug goods from one end of Europe (cucumbers from Spain to Hamburg, where they will grow very well 15 days or 3 weeks later), and well invent a system to recover energy at tolls will become ... ridiculous.

It's crazy what we have trouble getting to the idea that it's tomorrow!
0 x
bobono
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

inexhaustible movement

by bobono » 05/06/11, 12:16

On vehicles the 4 shock absorbers can produce recoverable energy. Shock absorbers on a vehicle are used to slow up and down motion.
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: inexhaustible movement

by dirk pitt » 05/06/11, 12:55

bobono wrote:On vehicles the 4 shock absorbers can produce recoverable energy. Shock absorbers on a vehicle are used to slow up and down motion.

yes but I think the amount of energy is pretty low.
I did not make an approximation because it exceeds my competence, the energy dissipation calculations in the dampers.
however, I have never seen large cooling fins on the shocks apart from the "paris-dakar" models.
0 x

Click my signature
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: inexhaustible movement

by sen-no-sen » 05/06/11, 15:31

bobono wrote:On vehicles the 4 shock absorbers can produce recoverable energy. Shock absorbers on a vehicle are used to slow up and down motion.

It is possible to recover this energy.
However the amount of energy produced would be relatively small on the one hand, and the other the cost of such dampers would be prohibitive.

As pointed out Did67, a large part of the energy of an engine is lost in thermal form, it would be clever to recover this heat through a Stirling engine to operate the air conditioning for example.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Flytox

by Flytox » 05/06/11, 19:35

Did67 wrote:- the biggest loss of a thermal vehicle is the 65% of heat released by the radiator, a vehicle being above all a boiler;

You meant by the exhaust, right?
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 05/06/11, 22:38

Did67 is absolutely right, the radiator wastes away from the heat of the engine much more than the muffler, engine with a low efficiency, between 10% and 30%, which needs to be cooled, to evacuate 70% of the energy !!

Recovering this heat for a Stirling engine, or a little better, improves the efficiency, especially since the temperature used is high, limited to 100 ° C on the cooling water and much more on the exhaust, which evacuates less heat nevertheless.
Power an air conditioning with a Stirling Thermo-Acoustic Motor Operating A Refrigerant Thermo-Acoustic Stirling With No Moving Parts, would be effective and not very expensive, once developed and carried out in large series.
http://www.io.com/~frg/index.html
http://www.io.com/~frg/history.htm
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 06/06/11, 03:39

gegyx wrote:: idea: Like this by the way

: Cheesy: But install wind turbines all along, flush with the highway, directed to the rear of passing vehicles ?????????

They would only turn thanks to the wind of movement of the cars.
Is there a loss on the passing vehicle?
I do not think so.
Maybe even help, because the obstacle of the machine makes the tailwind of the car, could help to push it further, right? : Shock:

I overbid that you write by saying two things:

I read somewhere that the road that produces electricity exists, a coating absorbs the light rays and converted everything into electricity and on the other hand, since some grumpy, prefers nuclear power plants to the wind turbine, why not this serve highway to plant thousands of wind turbines all along? eh? it exists! coming out of Paris on the A6 to Orléans there are a few hundred wind turbines that turn permanently or almost and me, well, I find it very pretty !!! and very clever since the highway is a ugly thing against which people do not rattle except on busy days ... when are the wind turbines along the motorways everywhere in Europe ???

Meow and :P :P :P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...