Good measures for LED bulbs

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/10/09, 21:19

pieroxy wrote:The hypotheses are damn gaule .... It is not certain that I have a single LED bulb which lights the sphere uniformly, so I imagine that the rest of the calculation is also wrong ...

That said for compact fluorescent or incandescent it should work.

Thanks for the "gaulage" ... : Cheesy:

Whether it's a sphere or a truncated sphere, whatever ... what matters is the radius of the distance ... projected onto an arc ... So it also works with spotlights: you will simply have a lot more lux for the same distance. power ...

So test you will see that it works well enough ... I don't remember if I tested with a spot ...

ps: the cos phi of fluorescent or led is not so catastrophic ... but if you want to have it with precision, take a 2 traces oscilloscope ...
0 x
pieroxy
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pieroxy » 17/10/09, 00:23

Thank you Christophe. My question was actually to know if the device that you show me (34.90) will be more precise than my V * A multimeter ... Will this kind of device take into account the cosphi? I already have a multimeter and I was wondering if the investment would bring me something ...
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 17/10/09, 00:52

yes, the EM230 gives a value for the cos phi, this corresponds in addition to that given by an energiemeter from another brand.
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 17/10/09, 14:35

Welcome pieroxy 8)
I just went through your uplifting LED test.

I shared on this forum my montages which until now gave me more satisfaction than you.

However, for the time being, I have limited the use of LEDs to specific lighting or compact fluorescent lamps were disappointing. It goes without saying that I do not use halogen lights, more energy-consuming and more expensive than traditional incandescences.

Currently and for more than 2 years, LEDs light up my toilets, and the headboards to read comfortably with good color rendering without burning the top of the head.
For the past few months, a PAR38 spot at 60LED (Xanlite) has been lighting up my computer station satisfactorily.
The rest of my house is still lit by more traditional solutions (compact fluorescent lamps or neon tubes).

My measurements were made with the old energy meter sold on the Boutique, the PM230.
0 x
pieroxy
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pieroxy » 18/10/09, 10:31

citro wrote:Welcome pieroxy 8)
I just went through your uplifting LED test.

I shared on this forum my montages which until now gave me more satisfaction than you.

However, for the time being, I have limited the use of LEDs to specific lighting or compact fluorescent lamps were disappointing. It goes without saying that I do not use halogen lights, more energy-consuming and more expensive than traditional incandescences.

Currently and for more than 2 years, LEDs light up my toilets, and the headboards to read comfortably with good color rendering without burning the top of the head.
For the past few months, a PAR38 spot at 60LED (Xanlite) has been lighting up my computer station satisfactorily.
The rest of my house is still lit by more traditional solutions (compact fluorescent lamps or neon tubes).

My measurements were made with the old energy meter sold on the Boutique, the PM230.

thank you. The problem I have with my LEDs is more their lifespan than consumption ... But I bought a lot;) more tests to come !!
0 x