Geothermal or aerothermal?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
futuranat
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Geothermal or aerothermal?

by futuranat » 23/06/09, 11:06

Hello,
And first of all, yes I saw that there is a thread on geothermal energy but good as it is no longer active since 2007 ... :)
My question is very simple: to choose between geothermal energy and aerothermal energy, what are the respective advantages and disadvantages of these two technologies? I imagine that since 2007, knowledge on this has had to progress, especially with the multiplication of sites.
Besides, for info, I ask the question for a site, mine, always my cousin who works at France Géothermie, he should take care of my installation but first I want to get the most out of general knowledge there- above.
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 23/06/09, 13:23

Clearly geothermal energy.

Aerothermal energy is a big M ... E which sees its yields drop sharply as soon as ... the outside temperature drops !!!
In other words, you can heat as much as you want when it's 25 ° outside but, as soon as the temperature drops, the efficiency of the heating too.
Moreover, aerothermal energy no longer gives entitlement to the tax credit.

For geothermal energy, the earth's thermal inertia (if the pipes are deep enough) means that the temperature of the collectors can never drop too much.

That was for general information. For details, no major progress has been made in recent years on these technos, the subject of 2007 is still relevant.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 23/06/09, 13:55

If geothermal energy involves work in the garden, there is also an important factor: noise. Aerothermal energy is easier to install but noisier, less efficient (as Targol says above).
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
bain2jasmin
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Geothermal or aerothermal?

by bain2jasmin » 23/06/09, 18:18

futuranat wrote:Hello,
And first of all, yes I saw that there is a thread on geothermal energy but good as it is no longer active since 2007 ... :)
My question is very simple: to choose between geothermal energy and aerothermal energy, what are the respective advantages and disadvantages of these two technologies? I imagine that since 2007, knowledge on this has had to progress, especially with the multiplication of sites.
Besides, for info, I ask the question for a site, mine, always my cousin who works at France Géothermie, he should take care of my installation but first I want to get the most out of general knowledge there- above.

as long as the heat compression systems are not powerful, it is useless geothermal, just to pretend to pollute a little less eh eh eh

a bit like solar panels, time that the direct converter is not invented, that is useless: for proof: the states invest more on nuclear

mega QED infinity
0 x
Christophe

Re: Geothermal or aerothermal?

by Christophe » 23/06/09, 18:20

bain2jasmin wrote:a bit like solar panels, time that the direct converter is not invented, that is useless: for proof: the states invest more on nuclear

mega QED infinity

What did you smoke today? :?
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 23/06/09, 18:44

I installed aerothermal energy that must be relatively effective because I can heat a living room of 70m2 with 2 large windows without double glazing absorbed power 1200watt try with an electric radiator of 1200watts. Bémol is in Provence but it is often -5 ° in winter.
I installed a second or the outdoor unit is in a large garage (100m2 by 3.5m high) semi enter it is surely better and still cheaper than geothermal energy.
At home it is powered by a hydraulic turbine.
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 23/06/09, 18:50

You can also provide a wood stove when temperatures are negative. The "inverter" clims have a fairly good performance.
0 x
futuranat
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

OK for geothermal

by futuranat » 26/06/09, 13:24

Thank you for your answers to all. Raymon your message is really interesting but actually -5 for me it's not winter but the beginning of autumn :)
Afterwards, I recaused it with my cousin (the one who works at France Géothermie) He also did not tell me that aerothermal energy sucks but actually if I want to take this I have to install other sources heating, I'm afraid I won't be able to control it too much.
And hey, the history of pollution ... Of course there is no perfect system. But hey, my propane, if I take into account in addition to what it costs to transport, it is still really a kills the planet :)
As for the cost, unless I am mistaken, I have to hurry but if I do the work this year, I will still be entitled to the 40% tax credit on geothermal energy, that is a nice bonus.
0 x