Hybrid vehicles: illusion or solution?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 17/05/09, 20:27

Did67 wrote:I was a bit traumatized to have seen death close enough (I drove a long time at AX Diesel, but today I would be scared in such a half plastic sardine box)
I wanted an electric AX, but I just found a 106, it will be 2 106 elec. 8)
The AX shrivels up like a pancake in the event of an accident, but it absorbs energy wonderfully ... Many people owe it to it to have escaped unscathed from spectacular accidents ...
However, its soundproofing, its comfort, its running gear are now rather outdated.
Did67 wrote:2) The air conditioning (ouch ouch!), But I suffer from heat - heart forcing. And cold too (hence the "scooter in good weather").
There is, I think, a lot to do to improve the thermal comfort of vehicles ... (body and window insulation, natural ventilation, light and airy upholstery like the seat backs of the ultra comfortable smart).
Did67 wrote:But you say it yourself, we must represent peanuts in the average of the population of our regions.
Yes but we communicate on this forum and elsewhere ... Our ideas are shared and follow their path ... Until the "peanuts" proliferate ...
Yesterday I heard that 10% of tomatoes consumed in France were "self-produced". : Shock: : Mrgreen:
Professionals pretend to ignore it or consider it negligible ... :frown: :|
The people who do it, sometimes on their balconies, are very proud of it and above all say around them that it is possible, easy AND BETTER : Mrgreen: :?
Yes, BETTER than shit grown above ground on glass wool. Better than those varieties which are selected for "organoleptic" characteristics (bouncing back on the ground without damaging themselves, supporting 15 days in a refrigerator truck ...) but not for their taste quality ...
: Evil:
By not buying cars that are smaller and lighter (current trend since 2008), consumers are taking the manufacturers opposite. Either they will understand and manufacture what WE WANT, or they will sink or leave the market to competitors ...
:?
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 17/05/09, 20:45

Hi Citro,

No better ... The account is good. : Idea:
0 x
C moa
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by C moa » 18/05/09, 09:50

citro wrote:By not buying cars that are smaller and lighter (current trend since 2008), consumers are taking the manufacturers opposite. Either they will understand and manufacture what WE WANT, or they will sink or leave the market to competitors ...
:?
I read on the point a few days ago that in 2008 the cars bought by the French had lost 5 CV, 40 kg and were 2 cm smaller.
This may not seem like much but according to the Ministry of the Environment the average CO2 emissions from cars purchased have decreased by 9g / 100g while the decrease is normally 1g / 100km / year. We would therefore have "won" almost 10 years at once without changing the technology simply by playing on the human factor.
0 x
It is difficult to single !!!
Did67

by Did67 » 18/05/09, 11:28

citro wrote: but it absorbs energy wonderfully ... Many people owe it to it to be free from spectacular accidents ...
However, its soundproofing, its comfort, its running gear are now rather outdated.

I think that when it crashes, being light, it can go ...

My fear, I should have made it clear, is when you imagine yourself rubbing yourself with trucks, vans, 4 x 4 ...

Otherwise, remarkable car. Mine died of its natural death, at 310 km, the "little" diesel had a weakness on the side of the cylinder head, and I released it!
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 18/05/09, 13:04

C moa wrote:I read on the point a few days ago that in 2008 the cars bought by the French had lost 5 CV, 40 kg and were 2 cm smaller.
This may not seem like much but according to the Ministry of the Environment the average CO2 emissions from cars purchased have decreased by 9g / 100g while the decrease is normally 1g / 100km / year. We would therefore have "won" almost 10 years at once without changing the technology simply by playing on the human factor.
ONLY on the human factor, to the great despair of the manufacturers who try to push us in the wrong direction.
If you look closely, each new version of a given model is overweight.
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 18/05/09, 13:45

To read, all these media projects of hybrid or electric cars are ultimately only myriads of plasters on the cancer of human pollution!

This comparison is all the more appropriate since, when treating cancer, it is now admitted that we must act as much on medication (by shock treatment) as on behavior. To remain in comparison, as for the medical world, the key word is "Profitability", see even "Profitability", rather than "Health".

In short, the hybrid car is a remedy but certainly not a miracle or a universal one for all our ills, and probably only reverses and displaces the problems. It is also funny to note that faced with tons of CO2 and other pollutants, we are only talking about reducing a few tens of grams of CO2, cm or kg.

To come back to the bottom of the problem, before talking about pollution reduction and incidentally tomatoes, it is an overall reflection that we must have and take real measures ... This is not an easy task!

For example, we often speak of these apples, tomatoes and other salads produced in the North to be eaten in the South, of these summer fruits produced in winter, and vice versa ("I will no longer eat cherries in winter" someone said. !), or all those workers who commute for hours to work far from home and who cross in their path other workers who do exactly the opposite way to do the exact same job!

It sounds silly, but if we simply promoted or encouraged local work, the gain in CO2 would undoubtedly be greater than if all the workers who travel tens of kms were all equipped with electric cars!

Finally, putting a plaster on a cancer, it does not hurt, it still reassures a little, and above all it gives good conscience!
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
C moa
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by C moa » 18/05/09, 14:23

citro wrote:ONLY on the human factor, to the great despair of the manufacturers who try to push us in the wrong direction.
If you look closely, each new version of a given model is overweight.
If you take the R25 which was the flagship of Renault in the 80s and 90s, it has the same characteristics (size, weight) as ... today's mega.

It is true that the new generations are bigger but still.
0 x
It is difficult to single !!!
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 18/05/09, 15:24

C moa wrote:If you take the R25 which was the flagship of Renault in the 80s and 90s, it has the same characteristics (size, weight) as ... today's mega.

It is true that the new generations are bigger but still.
Larger outward and heavier. :frown:
But internally, the space decreases. : Evil:
The passenger space and the trunk volume of an R25 are exceptional and cannot be found on CURRENT sedans with equivalent exterior dimensions ...
: Cry:
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 19/05/09, 14:38

Last edited by Leo Maximus the 15 / 06 / 09, 08: 59, 1 edited once.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 21/05/09, 11:21

citro wrote:If you look closely, each new version of a given model is overweight.

Yes, but it is only contradictory in appearance!

Where the average French person bought a laguna 5 years ago, today they buy "on average" a Clio. And the buyer of Clio, a Twingo ...

Suddenly, the new Twingo are equipped like a Clio, which are equipped like a Laguna ... With indeed, the size which "swells" a little ...

But I therefore prefer to see new "swollen" Twingo rather than old Lagunas. By the way, we go from emission rates of 160/170 g per km to 110!

I am very surprised (positively) by the fleet of new cars: almost no more "tanks", mainly CLIO / TWINGO / C1 and equivalent ...
0 x