Hadopi law rejected, fight not over!

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Hadopi law rejected, fight not over!

by elephant » 10/04/09, 19:44

Chers amis,

I learned with satisfaction that you can guess, although I am not French rejection of the Hadopi law by the National Assembly. I remain in solidarity with French netizens, pcq, if this law passes one day, it constitutes a dangerous previous , unacceptable to Internet users around the world.

Now, Nicolas Sarkozi seems to hold! No doubt his party will come back to the charge!

Fighting piracy is okay, but what's unacceptable is having your connection cut without trial, simply because some corporate mindless person downloads or a real hacker discreetly "pumps" your Wi Fi connection or ADSL, or fraudulently uses your IP. (Nothing could be easier in France where a lot of telephone lines are apparent)

I suggest to all our readers, including those who do not intervene on forums adopt the following strategy:

1) copy paste my message and forwarder to all your usual email contacts.
2) each person who receives the mail will see on the website of his mayor, his general advisor, his deputy / colleague favorite to find his e-mail. (find 3 or 4 is enough)
3) very courteously explain your concern and that the pillar of this law is the internet link break and that he (the person you are writing to) could very well be the first victim of this sanction! and that, therefore, you ask him to use all his influence so that other sanctions (through evidence and judgment) are proposed and eventually adopted.
4) one can advantageously use the following arguments:
(a) detection techniques amount to a violation of the secrecy of correspondence.
b) Is it because you receive a fraudulent mail in the mail that the mailman is no longer passing?

I leave the text to everyone's imagination for two reasons:

a) some of you will certainly find other formulations than mine, better shot or more effective.
b) dozens of different letters will certainly attract more readers' attention than a copied standard letter pasted!

Mostly:

do not be anonymous,
stay courteous,
have the message corrected before sending!
promise to make known on the net the "positive" actions of the elected to whom you write.

Good hunt !
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/04/09, 00:55

elephant? How is it about you? You're Belgian (and proud to be) if I remember well ... as a Franco-Belgian I know the 2 situations and I can tell you that in this case: the balgue is not Belgian but French ! To sum up:

All this is BIG pipo !!

If France wanted to prevent piracy, it would do like Beglqiue: quotas for all subscriptions! Instead of that, what do we do? From race to bandwagon without quotas!

So some remarks on France's position on the Internet:

a) Taxes on CDs, DVDs and other blank media (hard drives included)
b) Taxes on internet connections
c) We set up crazy bandwidths that have no technological justification
d) we forget that "piracy" has no influence on artistic creation, on the other hand it does on the profits of the majors ...
e) artists who sell directly on their website are "eliminated" by the mass media: the majors should not be fucked too much ...

For the quotas: I am a professional of the net and, with 2 pc of work, one gets away with less 30 Go per month ... Upload and download video youtube / streaming included !!

So a line of 10 Mbit is used for what if not to download as a pig?

It allows to download "thoroughly" assuming a 24/24 bandwidth saturation of 10/8 * 3600 * 24 * 30 = 3 MB or 240 GB and wheelbarrows !!

Obviously the ADSL TV pipote the deal ... but you have to know what you want and I'm sure there is a way to "filter" the TV from the rest ...

Otherwise, here are some good examples of Sarko's pipolitics: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8wl5l ... -vert_news but environment side ... it's just funny ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 11/04/09, 11:01

Christopher said:

Elephant? How is it about you? You're Belgian (and proud to be) if I remember well ... as a French-Belgian I know 2 situations and I can tell you that in this case: the joke is not Belgian but French !

Well, dear Christophe, we are in Europe and this law will constitute, as I said, a
dangerous previous, a clear decline of democracy. If this law passes in France, it may inspire other states, which would be a disaster.
Question bandwidth, there is food and drink, and indeed, with 4 computers at home, we usually settle for 13 Go that we grant Belgacom, sometimes with a small supplement of 5 euros / 5Go at the end of the month. On the other hand the increase of bandwidth allows the digital TV by telephone line.

In any case, the government must not have any illusions: if we can no longer download, other solutions will be put in place: I remember that in my high school years, "we" took turns in devoting themselves: Patrice lent the Woodstock Album, jean paul that of Rod Stewart and ..tounez cassettes!

I find it particularly pernicious that a government is concerned about the profits of the "majors" (MAJORITY foreign) and the income of artists who practice tax evasion while a well-understood tax on the media distributed in inverse proportion to the income of creators would really allow local creativity to express itself in quality and diversity (I'm proud of my sentence, there! :D ) [/ B]

I also think that in the current context, parliamentarians would use their time better to fight to solve the basic problems of the population than to try to impose the fantasies of President Sarkozy
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/04/09, 11:10

Yes I agree with you on the "danger" of this "whim" ... but which will have no effect on his friends, the publishing majors: because they are the ones who pull the strings of the puppet. the Elysée in this case ...

I am simply saying that other countries than France have solved the problem of piracy excesses for a long time without a law against violence!

The implementation of quotas is one of these solutions.

For digital TV, we can very well filter on the "ISP server" side ... Another pretext is necessary.

Only here I hear already the average French in their usual arrogance:

Don't touch our "no quotas" it's "our freedom"

I went from one to the other and I can tell you that quotas: it works (Well yes it happened to me to download some content not necessarily legal ...)

Concrete example of Mano Solo who tried to "self-produce" without success:

In 2006, Mano Solo does not renew his contract Warner, his record company. It is self-produced with a new album, In The Garden, which was released in March 2007. It offers Internet users to help in his self production by a subscription in advance to pay the promotional costs once the album is made. What no one will want to understand and the press will relay everywhere he relies on his public to finance the album, while he borrowed from his bank, putting his house as collateral, 130.000 euros with which he will pay the production and the manufacture of the disc. The subscription will be launched on September 18. Every month, the subscriber has access to new content (songs or films) and at the exit, he receives the album. The money raised will be used to promote the album. Through this approach, the artist wishes to stand out from the classical industry while showing that the artistic production has a cost [1]. Through this experience and the few subscribers internet -2800 - Mano Solo tries to demonstrate that if it can self-produce today it is only on a name and a career already established. It is not for a novice artist that a bank will lend such a sum. The 35 000 copies of In The Garden sold in the bins will reimburse the bank, without offering the artist the least way to produce the next.

In an interview with the Belgian daily "Le Soir" in April 2008, Mano Solo explains: "Self-production can not work. I sold 2.800 by subscription and the CD distributor did not do his job. I am living proof that we can not do without majors. I'm sick of these media that do not stop spitting on them. Without Warner, Mano Solo would not exist. These firms are not patrons, they are there to make wheat. It's normal that these people throw you if you're no longer competent in their eyes. Why should they keep those who do not sell anymore? Those who do not meet their audience must clear, that's all. There are tired of these considerations. The press is complicit in that. We must stop deceiving ourselves: yes, hacking harms diversity and Myspace, it's pathetic, it's scary, it's not where we find the avant-garde. And nobody in France was revealed thanks to that. The MP3 is not about revolution, it's about making unemployed people. »»

Source: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mano_Solo

Disagree with the end, several artists (young) are unveiled for a few years by the Net, it does not mean that they are long-lived artists (but not worse than a guy who leaves the star ac ) ... but they will have sold tens of thousands of album thanks to the net!
Last edited by Christophe the 11 / 04 / 09, 11: 16, 1 edited once.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 11/04/09, 11:14

We are at Easter! May he who has never sinned throw you the first stone! :D

On the other hand, I complain that I have to pay taxes on my own works (usually very boring texts or photos that are of no interest to anyone) when I go to the copy center or buy blank CDs. (2 are surcharged in Belgium)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/04/09, 11:20

Ah, the CDs are also surcharged in Belgium? I did not know ... anyway they are so much less than a France !!

A blank DVD costs> 1 € in France !! : Shock: : Cheesy:

By the way, kk1 has already seen blank DVD DOUBLE layer (otherwise than on the net)?

Double layer burners have been the "standard" for 2 to 3 years and nothing is available on the blank support ... funny ...
Last edited by Christophe the 11 / 04 / 09, 11: 21, 1 edited once.
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 11/04/09, 11:20

Hello
Christophe is right this is pipo.
here is an interesting link for those who like me will not change their habits
http://linuxmanua.blogspot.com/2009/04/ ... adopi.html
and also to follow the news of p2p and find a lot of things
http://www.emule-island.com/ (Edit by Christophe: rhoooo the naughty site)

not only with hadopi the actors will not touch anything more but it will benefit the private servers that guarantee the anonymity and encryption for 5 euro / month. Can be future distributors ...?
this is what happens when we cut the branch on which we are sitting!

the p2p is going into hiding, we can not control much more, it is the real cybercriminals who rub their hands ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/04/09, 11:25

boubka wrote:it will benefit private servers that guarantee anonymity and encryption for 5 euro / month. Can be the future distributors ...?
this is what happens when we cut the branch on which we are sitting!

Anonymity proxy router species?

It works on the "server" side (destination) but on the ISP side I have trouble understanding how, since in any case, before joining an external server, you have to go through your ISP's server ... I don't see how the "shunter" ...

boubka wrote:the p2p is going into hiding, we can not control much more, it is the real cybercriminals who rub their hands ...

Ah, was P2P "non-clandestine" one day?

In fact I think that P2P is has been: P4P, its evolution, will allow much more without any server ... and therefore control but I do not know if "they" will let it develop ...
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 11/04/09, 11:39

Ah, was P2P "non-clandestine" one day?

it was not a real clandestinity since one could exactly measure the exchanges and to see the files .... now it will be much harder, except for the uninformed individuals who will serve as examples

in 6 month no one will be fooled except judicial error (which is announced many), and it is not for that there will be more exchange
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/04/09, 11:44

I saw I read I did not understand

But it's not big deal!
0 x