They move France, after Oil with Hulot

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
RIAZ
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by RIAZ » 03/12/08, 19:30

bham wrote:Well, the interviewer must know Janco's bibliography and therefore his orientations in environmental matters.
I therefore propose:
1 ° that those who know his work expose the key points on it forum,
2 ° that the members wishing to ask questions about Janco's philosophy or his way of seeing things ask them about the forum ; sorting should be done according to their relevance,
3 ° the interviewer will ask the selected questions to Janco.

This procedure seems to me quite like a democracy and a forum worthy of the name.
Up to you.

For those who want to know how JANCOVICI sees things, it's very easy:
1 ° / read the book he wrote with his accomplice Alain GRANDJEAN and whose title is FILL IT UP PLEASE
2 ° / reserve several long winter evenings to spend on its site http://www.manicore.com/

JANCOVICI, who is a Polytechnician, is a great follower of table corner calculation which allows to take apart in two steps three movements a certain number of fables told a lot these times.
To follow it, a (good) CM2 level is sufficient. This is where his art lies.

That said, it's not funny, he takes the ax more easily than the feather duster, but by dint of not saying things, it will end badly.
0 x
In terms of the future, it is not to foresee it, but to enable it (Antoine de Saint Exupery)
RIAZ
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by RIAZ » 03/12/08, 21:46

A table corner calculation which is not by JANCOVICI, but which he would not deny and which could even explain one of the rare words he was able to pronounce last night: anecdotal.

http://cgse.epfl.ch/webdav/site/cgse/shared/presentations_ppt/070910%20LeTemps%20PartEnergiesAlternativesLimitees%20P%C3%BCttgen&Capezzali.pdf
0 x
In terms of the future, it is not to foresee it, but to enable it (Antoine de Saint Exupery)
RIAZ
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by RIAZ » 03/12/08, 22:19

Go, one last before going to bed, which we could call: how to tell nonsense by exploiting the work of serious people but who had not done it for nuclear France.
It's here : http://www.ines-solaire.com/solpv/page22.html

And this shows the perfect adequacy of photovoltaic production with current needs ... except that in our country we have nuclear power stations that we cannot stop on the futile pretext that the sun is shining.

The magnificent graph which serves as proof of the thing is true everywhere, except here.

We can still see some interesting figures, for example that solar PV production represented 0,007% of electricity production in 2006, maybe 0,01% today, he said anecdotal JANCOVICI?

Public money would be much better used to help insulation, of course my poor lady ....
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/12/08, 00:30

RIAZ wrote:A table corner calculation which is not by JANCOVICI, but which he would not deny and which could even explain one of the rare words he was able to pronounce last night: anecdotal.

http://cgse.epfl.ch/webdav/site/cgse/shared/presentations_ppt/070910%20LeTemps%20PartEnergiesAlternativesLimitees%20P%C3%BCttgen&Capezzali.pdf

Not read the article but the title is interesting ... not to say paradoxical ...

It seems to me that it puts in "competition" hydraulic and wind power ... which are however both part of renewable energies ... therefore alternative or not alternative?

RIAZ wrote:Public money would be much better used to help insulation, of course my poor lady ....

Everything is said ... one day it will be necessary for a guy from the ademe to explain to me in the face and in public if possible pkoi it is the most inefficient which is the most subsidized ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 04/12/08, 08:39

Remundo wrote:
The poor Tuaregs ... Cover less than 4% of the Sahara, they should have enough space without even seeing the facilities behind a dune ... Now DESERTEC or not, if they preferred to make their camel die of thirst in the middle of the desert, they can continue to do so with the utmost respect for their traditions ... But desalinated water, greenhouse agriculture, energy for drinking water, setting up schools and developing their own country, that should be considered, right?

Me, I do not give a red card, I play the sun card in the broad sense. Who will take it, when the barrel will be at $ 300 in 3 or 4 years and gasoline at 3 Euros in France: idea:

@+

1) What I reacted against is the 1st idea written in the 1st message. We were in a debate about OUR energy issues, and someone wrote something like, "... and they didn't even talk (on the show) about covering some of the deserts, the problem was solved ... ". Here. That's what I reacted to. OUR problems. And a simple solution: yaka put signs in the desert ...

2) And only against that!

3) That the Tuaregs (I like them, it is true), can choose for themselves a development model using solar energy, why not? No complaints. Whether they choose irrigation, therefore agriculture, therefore settle down, why not if that is their choice? ...

That a chef decides to cover a corner as large as the square in the picture and sell us, even at a good price, this electricity, I am not hot. He would be a solar "mogul" and I am not sure that he would be representative of everyone's aspiration ... A sort of solar Omar BONGO, if you know what I mean. Or Mobutu of renewable energies (well, he's dead).

That we encourage him to do it because it fixes our problems, I get stuck. I say it again.

3 ° That we cover OUR "dead surfaces" (factory roofs, supermarkets, gymnasiums) with solar panels, I am for. It won't be any more ugly. I participate in the piloting of a project including the cover of an agricultural hangar (more modest than that of Westphal seen in the show) and the installation of a biogas station ... So nothing against solar (even if Janco ...).

4) For the rest, it's "cat". Neocolonialism, as already written, looks like globalization, it is more difficult to define.

Far from me the idea that the Tuaregs, they have only to remain "poor Touareg". I recall: 12 years spent in Africa "trying to do something", including 4 years of full volunteering, without status, without remuneration, without contribution for my retirement ....

But just as far from me the idea that this necessarily goes through our technologies. I have respect for the camels. Remarkable "energy machine". A little water, some brush and miles in the desert. Toyota is ridiculous next to it (question of energy efficiency AND "renewable"). As much as for "our" solar panels. Development is a little more complicated than tackling a model, especially if it's our own ...

So not to talk about the energy problem, I find "neocolonisalist" (even if the term is abusive) the fact of thinking that with our technologies, we will solve the problems of the poor ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 04/12/08, 09:12

RIAZ wrote:
2 ° / reserve several long winter evenings to spend on its site http://www.manicore.com/

JANCOVICI, who is a Polytechnician, is a great follower of table corner calculation which allows to take apart in two steps three movements a certain number of fables told a lot these times.

1) Very well. I discover. Thank you. I'll take a close look.

2) To read keeping in mind that the problematic developed is "CO² emission". I have just dwelled on the issue of low consumption light bulbs.

In France, almost no impact on CO² emissions. Right, he's right. Because our electricity is nuclear.

But nuclear waste for our children, I am ALSO against. It's not just global warming. So, I use energy saving bulbs, sometimes that can prevent EdF from having the idea of ​​building another power station.

This is where you always have to read the argument in relation to the issue being dealt with. And that Janco can be misunderstood. If I only see a modest + and $ in his table, I tell myself that I have been cheated by the manufacturer, by the Ademe or by I do not know who ... and I give up.

But you have to read, indeed ... and reflect on what you have just elected.
0 x
RIAZ
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by RIAZ » 04/12/08, 10:03

If I find that JANCOVICI says relevant things extremely often, I do not place it in the gallery of my personal gurus (very depopulated indeed!).

He is not fiercely opposed to nuclear power (understatement!), But he sees it as a necessary evil no worse than the others.

As far as I'm concerned, I definitely fixed the problem. The production of energy from fossil or nuclear are time bombs for humanity and no one can say today which of the two would offer the gentler death to our great grandchildren .... .

So in my humble opinion, which is personal and one that I do not condescend to share, the only thing that matters in evaluating a solution is energy efficiency. in the use of the primary energy it requires. Everything else is just sales pitch ...

To come back to the TOUAREGS, I have no experience of Africa, but I have tried to understand what has been happening there for 2 centuries, and I feel very close to what is said Did67.

In addition to these reasons, what annoys me a lot about this kind of proposal is the "You do not bile, we have what it takes to continue as before". It's extremely destructive, because obviously everyone wants to believe it when it's an absolute lure.
0 x