Ecotek, dirty glass pellet stove Elena

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
tyriade
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Ecotek, dirty glass pellet stove Elena

by tyriade » 13/11/08, 13:55

Hello,

my stove Ecotek Elena has been running for about 1 months and I am very satisfied, I often put it in power 1 and set at a temperature of 21 ° and it works about 8h per day.
on the other hand, I have the impression that it consumes a lot about 1sac every 2 days is this normal?
In addition I find that the glass clogs fast enough after one to two days of operation, is it to turn at low speed because at first we have a nice flame, but say it reaches its programmed temperature it goes into modulation (idle) and I see small flames.
Also knowing that it takes the air of the room and not the air from the outside, see photo of the glass

Is it an air problem or a bad adjustment ???

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/11/08, 14:19

In bulk:

a) a device clogs more at low T ° than at optimal operating temperature (this is valid for ALL appliances that burn a fuel: boiler, car ...)

b) For fouling, I think it is neither the air nor the setting because if it appeared overnight it is probably due to a pellet of bad (poor) quality ...

It would be necessary to compare with other users of this Poele model.

c) For your consumption: impossible to know it depends on your needs ... the only way to compare: is it consuming more now than before? You only have it since 1 months? It is new? Under warranty so ... you can call the dealer, it's not just there to sell install and bill!

But is it really annoying? Our stove a log has a pretty dirty window ... perso it does not bother me more than that as long as it heats well and overconserves ...
0 x
tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

stove

by tigrou_838 » 13/11/08, 14:41

Hello, here is my experience in wood burning stove from 25 to 33.

I think that for pellets it must be the same thing at the operating level.

my wood stove has the same problem of glass if I leave it at low temperature the window becomes black, we see nothing after a while, and I used to raise it in temperature once a week so that the window cleans all by itself.

after a good warming of a few hours, the glass becomes nickel chrome again like new.

tigrou
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/11/08, 14:46

No tigger, you can not really compare with lumber.

The combustion of the pellets ca should be much better because they are guaranteed according to the standards for 8% maximum humidity!

A "dry" wood still contains between 15 and 20% approximately ... that is to say the double!

Here are the properties of pellets (private and industrial)
Last edited by Christophe the 13 / 11 / 08, 14: 55, 2 edited once.
0 x
tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

stove

by tigrou_838 » 13/11/08, 14:53

yes christophe, so depending on the quality of the glass, with the pellets and heating up a little, it should clean more easily than my stove with the logs.

to have the picture she is not very dirty the window.

tigrou
0 x
tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

stove

by tigrou_838 » 13/11/08, 14:55

he hop a little shot of heating high temperature, and the window becomes very clean, in addition it also cleans the flue and prevents it clogs.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/11/08, 15:08

Ben Tigger, not very dirty for us with our wood stove yes, but for pellets it seems pretty dirty after 1 months!

After that you never have anything perfect ...

Wouldn't that be the pellets that the installer gave you as a "gift"? (usually this is done when you buy a new stove!)

What do you like as ash volume? Look if it sticks with the norms to know:

- Ash content: <A0,5 (<0,5% volume)

If you burn 1 bag of pellets, or 15kg of pellets (12,5L of "pure" pellets), you should therefore not obtain more than 12,5 * 0.5% = 6,25 cl of ash, or 1/4 of 25 cl glass of beer or 1/2 glass of wine! (sorry for the reference but at least easy to compare) : Mrgreen:

Anyway after 1 months, 1 thing to do: do not touch anything and call the installer!
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 13/11/08, 15:15

Hello !

Since small (I have 50 brooms) I used wood stoves, glass, mica and other stuff translucent, become dirty in almost all cases, a soft and dry cloth can remove the bulk of the grime , and some kerosene or other fatty products allow the rest to be removed ... tars are almost always formed in the wood fires and even more so when they burn slowly.

The way to put the wood, its degree of hygrometry, are also decisive, so I better to say that Christophe, I have no experience in the insert with window, but I think that what tigger say is correct, by heating a good shot, it must burn the tars on the glass (are not they treated for this purpose?).

Concerning your stove the infos of the site: http://www.commercecenter.lu/product_in ... 4c057d9a5f

They report an air zone that keeps the glass clean, it is a general publicity to all stoves and in general, people believe it, but often it is not correct ... if someone has noticed the opposite, he is known, the debate remains open : Cheesy:

Could someone give me the indicative prices of pellets and their respective packaging (I know them in 30 bag L, for the little corner of the cat), I have unfortunately, no chimney where I live, thank you for the news…

Greetings from Lietseu
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/11/08, 15:25

Lietseu wrote:Could someone give me the indicative prices of pellets and their respective packaging (I know them in 30 bag L, for the little corner of the cat), I have unfortunately, no chimney where I live, thank you for the news…

Greetings from Lietseu

There is now in any brico ... It is to the 4 € for 15kg energy equivalent: 4 € for 7L oil or 0.57 € per liter equivalent (excluding performance of the installation) ...

Otherwise you have this: https://www.econologie.com/forums/search.php by typing "price pellets" which gives this: https://www.econologie.com/forums/prix-des-p ... t6393.html
and that: https://www.econologie.com/forums/pellets-et ... t4682.html
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 13/11/08, 15:27

Thanks Tophe :D
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu

"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?

One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."