simple trick to save fuel

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
gilgamesh
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by gilgamesh » 19/07/07, 14:59

Hello,

I want to resume the subject according to that what I had mentioned the other day: The manufacture of a new vehicle represents a very considerable amount of energy and it is very ecological to use opportunities until the end of life itself if they are a little greedy.

I just wanted to know if someone has a cobian idea of ​​energy is needed to produce an all-inclusive car (also the factory official's BMW etc., mining, manufacturing, distribution, transportation) and how much fuel that matches this totality. I wonder if it's worth changing cars from an ecological point of view because of a drop in consumption of 1 liter / 100km for example. There are a lot of cars that can cover 300 km, but we throw them away because of the fashions. Mine has 000 and she is doing very well. Is it known these values ​​??
0 x
there is no absolute truth in the realm of phenomena

gilgamesh
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 19/07/07, 15:01

Eloi wrote:[...] We cannot say that ALL cars can easily support overinflation if at least one car does not support it.
On the other hand, we can say "Most cars can withstand over-inflation. That is only where the dispute was. [...]
I agree, no too "globalizing" generalization ...

That being so, what you describe still amazes me as much ... Why is it that the recommendations for driving on the highway, accepted by all and never questioned (or will you have to tell me where and when?) Ask to increase 0.3 bar manufacturer pressure if it could really cause serious problems ...

I think your case is more an isolated case than anything else and it would be interesting to know why ...
Several possible avenues: tired shock absorbers, unsuitable tires (too hard, load index too high = too rigid) or "old" tires, uncalibrated pressure gauge, etc.

But this is not the subject of this post.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Eloi
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Eloi » 19/07/07, 17:44

Bucheron, I didn't know that we were advocating an overpressure for the highway. the only recommendations I know are the inflation of hot tires (which have traveled more than 5 km) and the case of heavily loaded vehicles.
As for your tracks, I will eliminate some of them:
My tires are new (changed in April), I notice a difference in grip with the same shock absorbers so the difference does not come from there.

Elephant, it's reassuring to see that this forum is also frequented by reasonable people who are more concerned with their safety than their consumption.

Gilgamesh, I have no idea how much it costs to build a car in terms of energy, water and pollution, but it seems to me that when you buy a liter of petrol at the pump, it took another liter to extract, refine and transport it. (to confirm)
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 19/07/07, 22:38

Eloi wrote:PITMIX, I will try soon. I will soon have to drain and by the way I will change the spark plugs and clean the carburetor and the air filter. Does changing the beam really do anything?

elephant, I totally agree with you. when I was given my car, I was used to a big diesel (Indenor XD3 2.5L diesel) which fitted the Peugeot 505 Break of my brother. When I found myself behind the wheel of this very small car (780 kg) equipped with its 1124cc petrol fuel, it took me a while to get used to it. my foot was a little heavy and over time I saw my consumption decrease enormously: from almost 3L / 9 to 100 L / 6.5 on average. So I realized this saving, I can't do it a second time.

I had a Visa II SuperE equipped with 1124cm3 and an "econometer".
I already scrupulously filled my consumption notebooks (the era of the waste hunt) and I went down under 6.2L / 100km and even 5.8L while being very attentive ...
I did better (5.4L) than with my diesel 5-speed gearbox visa.

The econometer was a vacuum sensor connected to the intake which lit 2 indicators on the dashboard. if you pressed hard on the gas pedal, the vacuum dropped and a yellow then red light came on. By accelerating very gradually we managed not to light the yellow indicator and obtain very low consumption.
This gadget existed on fiat with witnesses or with needles, one then found it also on cars equipped with turbo or it displayed the depression then the pressure of supercharging ...
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 19/07/07, 23:40

Bonjour à tous

When you have learned to accelerate gently / gradually like with the economizer described by Citro, you can go further for cars with carburetor, and reduce the effect / turn the recovery pump.

Some have an adjustment of the size of their capacity or of the leverage. We have to reduce all that. The economy in the city is very significant.

At the time, they even had this recovery pump transferred to a 204 Pigeot. As long as you drive calmos it is transparent, otherwise it is the big hole at acceleration. : Mrgreen:

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 20/07/07, 00:13

Hello
citro wrote:
Eloi wrote:PITMIX, I will try soon. I will soon have to drain and by the way I will change the spark plugs and clean the carburetor and the air filter. Does changing the beam really do anything?

elephant, I totally agree with you. when I was given my car, I was used to a big diesel (Indenor XD3 2.5L diesel) which fitted the Peugeot 505 Break of my brother. When I found myself behind the wheel of this very small car (780 kg) equipped with its 1124cc petrol fuel, it took me a while to get used to it. my foot was a little heavy and over time I saw my consumption decrease enormously: from almost 3L / 9 to 100 L / 6.5 on average. So I realized this saving, I can't do it a second time.

I had a Visa II SuperE equipped with 1124cm3 and an "econometer".
I already scrupulously filled my consumption notebooks (the era of the waste hunt) and I went down under 6.2L / 100km and even 5.8L while being very attentive ...
I did better (5.4L) than with my diesel 5-speed gearbox visa.

The econometer was a vacuum sensor connected to the intake which lit 2 indicators on the dashboard. if you pressed hard on the gas pedal, the vacuum dropped and a yellow then red light came on. By accelerating very gradually we managed not to light the yellow indicator and obtain very low consumption.
This gadget existed on fiat with witnesses or with needles, one then found it also on cars equipped with turbo or it displayed the depression then the pressure of supercharging ...

With what you think I adjust my pants on the chevrolet!

When you manage to drive at 100kmh with a depression below 15 "of mercury it becomes excellent, sometimes 14" flat road good flow of steam in the panton and well adjusted lambda probe (cheap multimeter at $ 12 above in case I would fly it to me, I prefer my Fluck at home)
I am not a door closer : Evil:
Andre
0 x
Eloi
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Eloi » 20/07/07, 07:51

I smashed the records:
with my 1124cm3 I went down to 5L / 100km on a full "economy". I was limited to crappy accelerations. the other cars of course stuck to me, their drivers got angry and started to drive nervously, suddenly the liter that I saved was consumed by the others that I drove crazy with my "daddy" driving.

With a friend who has on his mega an instantaneous consumption indicator we noticed that at stabilized speed at 90km / h we consume much less in 4th than in 5th. (it is a HDI type diesel).
So driving on a diet to consume less is not necessarily a good idea.

Eloi
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 20/07/07, 11:24

Eloi wrote:[..] With a friend who has on his mega an instantaneous consumption indicator we noticed that at stabilized speed at 90km / h we consume much less in 4th than in 5th. (it is a HDI type diesel).
So driving on a diet to consume less is not necessarily a good idea.

Eloi
On a plate?
At what engine speed?
What was the depressing of the accelerator pedal?
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
gilgamesh
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by gilgamesh » 20/07/07, 11:31

Hello,

In my experience, consumption also depends on the kinetic energy of the car accumulated in combination with an ideal engine speed. On long journeys we can have fairly low consumption if a trip at a constant speed at an ideal speed ~ 4000 rpm for petrol. It is precisely the accumulated kinetic energy that helps to save and that what we do is just accelerate a little to maintain the constant speed. With my 2000cc petrol injection car, I notice almost no difference if I drive at 3 or 120. If we drive fast, what wastes is great acceleration and constant braking and not so much speed in itself - on a mountainous route can even be advantageous to go faster because in the descents the kinetic energy accumulated will be much greater and that is a free energy potential that is regained afterwards by climbing new ones. Eloi is going to say that it's dangerous - bath - if I stay at home I can fall out of bed.
Let's say it's an interesting driving style when there isn't too much traffic, but of course you shouldn't exaggerate.
0 x
there is no absolute truth in the realm of phenomena

gilgamesh
Eloi
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Eloi » 20/07/07, 17:53

Bucheron: Yes, it was on the flat, no idea of ​​the engine speed. In both cases the pedal was just depressed enough so that the car did not slow down.

Gilgamesh: I agree with you: maintaining a constant speed consumes very little while increasing its speed consumes a lot.
As for picking up speed on the descents to better climb back up, I'm not against it as long as you take the risk.
Indeed if you stay at home you can fall from the bed, but you are not likely to hurt someone else in your fall.

On a course that I know well (175km between me and my parents) composed of motorway, national and winding mountain road, I noticed the following thing: when I drive at fairly low speed, it is to say that I do not push the 4th beyond 90, I consume more than when I drive more sporty, that is to say that it is the 3rd that I push to 90, see the second in the passes (yes yes, 90km / h in seconds), and that the 5th is only used on motorways.
My best sobriety records were reached when I was not concerned with the regime, but when I limited my accelerations, let's say that I had to use around 15hp of the 50 that my car has under the hood.

Eloi
0 x