A new thermal machine

Innovations, ideas or patents for sustainable development. Decrease in energy consumption, reduction of pollution, improvement of yields or processes ... Myths or reality about inventions of the past or the future: the inventions of Tesla, Newman, Perendev, Galey, Bearden, cold fusion ...
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: A new thermal machine

by plasmanu » 25/11/23, 20:19

They have cool stuff. Like the iodine sublimation tube.
But what a hassle to get it back down from the tube when we've played with it too much : Mrgreen:
Neon, medieval version
IMG_20231125_200839.jpg

PS: Diiodine is, under normal conditions of temperature and pressure, a gray-black solid with purple metallic flashes composed of homonuclear molecules
1 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 25/11/23, 21:25

But the best thing is ball lightning at the campsite with a big transformer. In the living room it's banal : Mrgreen:
I had 2 Tesla coils nearby and these idiot kids played lightsabers with neon tubes and went crazy.
I got a bigger one by 8"
Attachments
IMG_20231125_212404.jpg
IMG_20231125_211835.jpg
IMG_20231125_211835.jpg (376.07 KB) Viewed times 353
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
edada
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by edada » 10/12/23, 14:57

Good Sunday !

You can find lots of pretty models made in UK or Germany here: https://www.gyroscope.com
It may not be the same price, and the result may be the same after a fall.

But I had an interesting discussion with the boss Glenn Turner who gave me some interesting ideas for the future, such as creating a prototype driven by servo motors with sensors everywhere! However, I still have a problem with budget and available time.

Have you seen my idea for 4 bar connections: https://dada-engine.org/4-bar_mechanism/fr ?
Doesn’t that make anyone want to make a model?
So there aren't as many thermodynamicists as I imagined here? (I have the impression that there are no more at futura, also I want to understand that the subject is surprising at first)
0 x