Thermal wind turbine?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Remundo

Re: Wind turbine?

by Remundo » 18/06/23, 09:25

Seen like this, the pedal boat in direct mechanical->heat conversion should be better than the mechanical->electronic production because it goes through a generator and some transmissions.

But the advantage of electricity, even if we go through a yield of 90%, is that we can inject it into a heat pump which has a yield of 3-4, i.e. globally about 0.9 x 3.5 = 3 times the initial mechanical power.
1 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 18/06/23, 10:20

If we stick to the example given, given the rise in temperature of the pedal, much higher than that of the tank, there is no need for heating and therefore an advantage for the production of electricity (we can see that as a form of cogeneration) :!:
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Remundo

by Remundo » 18/06/23, 10:29

yes, it is also said that the wood heats up several times, to cut it, to bring it home, to split it... and finally only once in the fireplace.
1 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 18/06/23, 12:02

Remundo wrote:
If you are in the middle of the bush without electricity... But to make heat, a small wood-burning fireplace also seems relevant.

Totally agree. I was writing page 13"So except to be completely off grid (elec, gas), without the possibility of getting wood, in which case we do what we can, frankly I have trouble understanding.."
1 x