Thermal wind turbine?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Wind turbine?

by Ahmed » 17/06/23, 18:08

A "dumb" centrifugal coupling device would overcome, if necessary, the difficulty of a difficult start.
But it is not only "the first step that costs", it is also necessary that the estimates of our interlocutor are based on the tangible, which is not limited to a regularly windy situation. To heat a fluid by agitation of blades, it is necessary to capture and transmit energy in relation to the quantity of that which one wishes to obtain, which is not limited to nonchalantly stirring said fluid which would thus heat up out of pure sympathy. .. That is what seems to escape our putative innovator (if I may say so).

I had the opportunity to consider (no, I didn't come across!) the possibility of restoring an old watermill, well supplied and at the foot of a house, and I had also thought of a production of heating by this system. However, apart from the fact that the project has generally fallen through (sic!), if it is simple to extract energy this way, it is not that advantageous since it requires a whole installation of pipes heating and that this is of interest, by definition, only during the cold season. Electricity production, although encumbered with inevitable losses, has the immense advantage of being permanently useful, of heating when necessary with very simple equipment and of providing an energy vector for universal use: it is better to reason in terms of exergy than to limit oneself to the indistinct notion of energy.
2 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 17/06/23, 18:21

Obamot wrote:
So, I make here a proposal that goes in the direction of resolving my own objection:
— would it be possible to put a gear which would disarm from a certain speed, at which it would be sure to benefit from the device, and which would disengage at the time and at the desired 'take-off' rotation speed (allowing start the planned process, sooner and more easily) if so, which would negate my initial objection.
So do the same with your own objections...

You should take the time to re-read this thread before saying "So do the same with your own objections..."
You would realize that Remundo, myself and perhaps others have repeatedly insisted on the need to be able to regulate the power absorbed by the driven machine, whatever it is.
And this so that the driving part (the wind turbine) works best, at the right speed, according to the power of the wind. The problem is not just starting to spin the machine, and your "solution" doesn't solve anything.
Remundo had mentioned a variable speed transmission or more simply a wind generator, I stayed with the wind generator.
But it's not in the ""file"", so "it's worth nothing".
Of which act.
1 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 17/06/23, 18:37

Ahmed wrote:this is of interest, by definition, only during the cold season. Electricity production, although encumbered with inevitable losses, has the immense advantage of being permanently useful, of heating when necessary with very simple equipment and of providing an energy vector for universal use: it is better to reason in terms of exergy than to limit oneself to the indistinct notion of energy.

That's what we've been telling him since the beginning, but Monsieur doesn't want to hear it.
1 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 17/06/23, 19:08

sicetaitsimple wrote:
Obamot wrote:
So, I make here a proposal that goes in the direction of resolving my own objection:
— would it be possible to put a gear which would disarm from a certain speed, at which it would be sure to benefit from the device, and which would disengage at the time and at the desired 'take-off' rotation speed (allowing start the planned process, sooner and more easily) if so, which would negate my initial objection.
So do the same with your own objections...

You should take the time to re-read this thread before saying "So do the same with your own objections..."
You would realize that Remundo, myself and perhaps others have repeatedly insisted on the need to be able to regulate the power absorbed by the driven machine, whatever it is.
And this so that the driving part (the wind turbine) works best, at the right speed, according to the power of the wind. The problem is not just starting to spin the machine, and your "solution" doesn't solve anything.
Remundo had mentioned a variable speed transmission or more simply a wind generator, I stayed with the wind generator
I think I read that. So much the better to have thought of it.
I took on a challenge by resolving an objection I had. There is an inventive effort. I also proved that we could have another approach than to shoot each other in the legs all the time... My goal has been achieved.

If it's no use? You have to try (or calculate it in a simulation to find out...). It's not my job.

This project leaves me skeptical too, but it's not prohibitive and why it is interesting. There's no one who was really interested in the idea of ​​heating water with a wind turbine, if only we could manage to do so"that the water does not cool when shaking it", why not?

Already it might be necessary to start by confining the water tank so that there is no loss. I confess that I have not read the "file",Image are there any flaws? It's quite possible, but I don't make it a disease.
Last edited by Obamot the 17 / 06 / 23, 19: 21, 1 edited once.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 17/06/23, 19:20

Obamot wrote:I admit that I have not read the "file"

In this case, by doing B. Labrique in a much more vulgar way, shut your mouth! :D
1 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 17/06/23, 19:26

Should I see that you haven't closed yours? Image
It's funny that Pédro reproached me for being someone who gave the feeling of knowing everything about everything, and there he reproached me "for not knowing..." CQFD

Thank you for proving your goal is to mess things up
Last edited by Obamot the 17 / 06 / 23, 19: 28, 1 edited once.
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 17/06/23, 19:27

Obamot wrote:Should I see that you haven't closed yours?

Yes, and more than twice since he read the file.
1 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 17/06/23, 19:30

Obamot wrote: There's no one who was really interested in the idea of ​​heating water with a wind turbine, if only we could manage to do so"that the water does not cool when shaking it", why not?

There's work there....
Start by looking up "Joule's machine" on Wikipedia.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 17/06/23, 19:33

for me it is a bad method.

I prefer a well-regulated wind turbine with good performance.

And inject electricity into a heat pump.

This will bring 10 times more heat than Joule's machine mated to a fashionable "lowtech" Savonius

I even think it will be more reliable.
2 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 17/06/23, 20:09

Ah! Now Obamot "likes" a post from Remundo which says, in chosen terms, that the "Labrique" concept defined in the famous "file" is crap...
He must have read and assimilated the file between 19:08 p.m. and 19:33 p.m. .....
1 x