Combustion problem never fixed Okofen

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Pilpoill
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: Combustion issue never fixed Okofen

by Pilpoill » 26/02/23, 17:17

Concerning Fontcouverte, the average of its cycles is 27 min and even considering the current settings made by O apart from trying to increase them in an astonishing way...
Its flame temperature and depression instructions are respected, so I don't see anything on that side.

Fontcouverte or Bernard01290 if you have the references of your suction cup outlet, I'm willing :)
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 26/02/23, 18:12

Pilpoill wrote:... the average of his cycles is 27 min ...

For my personal understanding, as this notion is often mentioned, what is the definition of a cycle?
- the time between the admission and ignition of the pellets and the end of their admission? In which case there would be what could be called an "intercycle" where there is no combustion between two cycles?
- or the time between two starts, which would therefore include a combustion period and a period without combustion?
I imagine it's more the first, but I'm not sure.
Thank you in advance.
0 x
Pilpoill
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pilpoill » 26/02/23, 20:28

Sicetaitsimple is the time elapsed between the switch-on order and the switch-off order.
Your first idea is the right one 8)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/02/23, 20:38

What is how many minutes of "good burn" flame for a 30 minute cycle?

In other words, how much ignition time (and shutdown) on an Okofen?

On my Thermorossi H34, when it's cold (= 100% cold = not started for days), it takes a good 15 minutes to get a nice flame but it's certainly a more basic ignition system than on an Okofen. ..and about 1 time out of 2 it does not detect combustion at the start of the cycle (even if there is a flame) and I have to restart the cycle... :| :| :|
0 x
Pilpoill
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pilpoill » 26/02/23, 20:50

Christophe wrote:What is how many minutes of "good burn" flame for a 30 minute cycle?

In other words, how much ignition time (and shutdown) on an Okofen?

On my Thermorossi H34, when it's cold (= 100% cold = not started for days), it takes a good 15 minutes to get a nice flame but it's certainly a more basic ignition system than on an Okofen. ..and about 1 time out of 2 it does not detect combustion at the start of the cycle (even if there is a flame) and I have to restart the cycle... :| :| :|

That's a good question, thank you for asking it Christophe! (I'm ready for politics, did you see? : Cheesy: )

More seriously, according to Okofen boilers on a "cold" start, of all that I have already seen pass it can be from 6 to sometimes 14 minutes to find yourself at 100% combustion.
My own average being closer to 8/9 minutes.
1 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 26/02/23, 21:44

Pilpoill wrote:Sicetaitsimple is the time elapsed between the switch-on order and the switch-off order.

The thank you box
So as long as I'm confirming what I think I understand, does this mean that you should not oversize a pellet boiler?? So that it has the least choppy operation possible?
Here I think it's a bit complicated out of habit for installers, who when they install gas tend not to skimp because the price differences depending on the power are not that huge and they don't want one of their customers to come and blame them for not heating up fast enough when they come back from vacation or weekends. But there's really no downside to being a bit oversized with a gas boiler from my point of view. Conversely, I have the impression that this may be the case with a pellet boiler.
What do you think?
0 x
Pilpoill
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pilpoill » 26/02/23, 22:28

sicetaitsimple wrote:
Pilpoill wrote:Sicetaitsimple is the time elapsed between the switch-on order and the switch-off order.

The thank you box
So as long as I'm confirming what I think I understand, does this mean that you should not oversize a pellet boiler?? So that it has the least choppy operation possible?
Here I think it's a bit complicated out of habit for installers, who when they install gas tend not to skimp because the price differences depending on the power are not that huge and they don't want one of their customers to come and blame them for not heating up fast enough when they come back from vacation or weekends. But there's really no downside to being a bit oversized with a gas boiler from my point of view. Conversely, I have the impression that this may be the case with a pellet boiler.
What do you think?

I think I totally agree with you 8)

Of the thirty or so installations that I have been able to follow, at the pure hardware level, none were undersized.
Three of them required raising the power by adding turbulators and/or software adjustment (the same hardware base is often 10/18kW or 22/32kW)
Eight of them were perfectly chosen and adapted.
Four were clearly oversized, cycle times between 20 and 30 minutes : roll:
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 26/02/23, 23:25

Hi,
Pilpoill wrote:Concerning Fontcouverte, the average of its cycles is 27 min and even considering the current settings made by O apart from trying to increase them in an astonishing way...
Its flame temperature and depression instructions are respected, so I don't see anything on that side.
Pilpoill wrote:software setting (the same hardware base is often 10/18kW or 22/32kW)
Eight of them were perfectly chosen and adapted.
Four were clearly oversized, cycle times between 20 and 30 minutes
If a 27 min cycle is normal and the power can be adapted by software adjustment, where is the problem?
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 26/02/23, 23:38

izentrop wrote:If a 27 min cycle is normal and the power can be adapted by software adjustment, where is the problem?

No, reread from the beginning, it is certainly a little more complex to adjust than just modifying a parameter in the regulation.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 26/02/23, 23:55

I was only pointing out the inconsistency of the statement: 20 to 30 minutes is normal but not 27 minutes : Shock:
0 x