Filling boiler HS France innova 30

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Filling boiler HS France innova 30

by sicetaitsimple » 12/11/22, 14:10

phil59 wrote:A UPS, as I put, it's a 160 kVA, is enough,

Yes, that should be enough! : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/11/22, 14:10

If it triggers at 3 bars it will never go up to 10 bars...
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 12/11/22, 14:30

sicetaitsimple wrote:
phil59 wrote:A UPS, as I put, it's a 160 kVA, is enough,

Yes, that should be enough! : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

160VA, of course! : Lol:
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 12/11/22, 14:32

Christophe wrote:If it triggers at 3 bars it will never go up to 10 bars...

Well if !

it gets very hot.

At 3 bars, it lets out, but the pressure will increase much faster than it will evacuate, that's why water evacuation and cold water filling.

If the heating was "small" yes the 3 bars would be enough to avoid major glitches.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Christophe

by Christophe » 12/11/22, 14:43

You're right...a real pumping shadock! : Mrgreen:

The injection of cold water is to avoid the fire...
0 x
boomcox
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by boomcox » 16/11/22, 11:33

Hello everybody

Yes, of course there is a thermal valve which opens if the boiler gets too hot. Cold water is "injected" into a coil located around the hearth. There is also a valve set at 3 bar on the boiler outlet.

Indeed an inverter is the solution... in my region power cuts are very rare... even if the thermal valve opens for 1 or 2 hours, it's not very serious.

I put a 1500 liter balloon in order to operate the boiler "at full" while the balloon fills up, then the radiators will be heated with the buffer tank and then the gas boiler when the water is too cold. (the water comes out of the buffer tank, enters the gas boiler (which it manages the temperature) and goes into the radiators.

Thanks for any discussions.

Have a good day
1 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 16/11/22, 14:43

Normally, it opens for a few minutes, while filling with cold water, so it cools very quickly, if in addition the circulator is running.

But, it happened to me, once, where, in the street, there was work, on the water network, and just a cut of 10-15 minutes of water, with stopping of the circulator, and the pressure increases, which can lead to leaks in the boiler. And since you didn't connect the inverter to it, at high speed, you make a wild connection, before the deluge ..... and it takes a few minutes to calm down, and you go phew, when more noise too worrying.

A UPS with HS battery, a 150 kVA model, you will find at 10-20€ on LBC. An old battery recovery, and go, for cheap, and it's tranquility.

A PC inverter, on which maybe you put an old car battery on it, which can no longer start a car, but will remain enough for that, not intended for, but it lasts a few years, and you have a few hours of backup.
0 x

boomcox
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by boomcox » 16/11/22, 22:10

Indeed for the little that it costs... it is doable.
I don't know all of them, but I'll think about it.
Thanks again for your valuable advice.
Nicolas
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 17/11/22, 18:03

boumbocox wrote:I put a 1500 liter balloon in order to operate the boiler "at full" while the balloon fills up, then the radiators will be heated with the buffer tank and then the gas boiler when the water is too cold. (the water comes out of the buffer tank, enters the gas boiler (which it manages the temperature) and goes into the radiators.

I didn't really understand your diagram, out of curiosity are there 1, 2 or 3 different circuits? Let me explain:
- a circuit would be if all the heating water was mixed, that it goes through the wood boiler, the tank, the gas boiler or the radiators, with the circulators and the valves working well..
- two circuits, it would be for example the wood boiler which would turn in closed circuit, by exchanging heat towards the balloon via a coil, the balloon + the gas boiler + the radiators being the second circuit.
- three circuits, it would be 2 coils in the tank, one for the wood boiler and one for the gas boiler, the tank then being only a storage and heat exchanger without water circulation.
Again it's curiosity, because I have long ago considered a scheme of the same type (without following up).
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 17/11/22, 18:31

For me, coils are used for domestic water, or when you have thermal panels to circulate "antifreeze" liquid, because without that, at home, the boiler talks directly with the radiators in priority, and the balloon is connected like a radiator.

THE wood stove discusses with the radiator, and the balloon, with valves which allows it or not, according to the setpoint tp which I gave to the probe of tp.

And the heat pump, it discusses with the radiators and the balloon.

And all that goes well together, (good heat pump currently broken down), but it is above all the stove that heats the house.

My installation is mainly made of PER, except for the first 2 meters of the stove..... Cheap PER, expensive fitting.
0 x