Driving an electric car every day

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Driving an electric car every day

by Obamot » 04/11/21, 07:00

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:
phil59 wrote:With a cap or a hat?

No, no, with a single charge? I ask that because with any vehicle "700 km is doable without problem", even with a Solex.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGnrcBaSO5M
There are even “Google map” on the handlebars : Cheesy:
The music is nice ”The Sun by Parov Stelar Feat. Graham candy"
(the title would be related to the topic but I haven't seen the mini solar panels) : Lol:
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 28/05/22, 22:42

A charging corner.... Open to non-Tesla....

20220527_165856.jpg

I charged there, Nancy's side.
1 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 29/05/22, 00:30

How much is the Phil charge?
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 29/05/22, 00:54

There, we pay for a service.

28 terminals installed, each capable of delivering 250 kW.

I charged there myself, in 79 kW, that is to say about 40 times what a 220V socket is capable of providing.

This service is charged a bit expensive, 68 cents per kWh, whereas at home, the high rate is 17 cents, ie 4 times more.

A bit like coffee, which costs much less than 50 cts, and is sold to you at the bistro, €2.

Price a little cheaper than the Ionity.

But, exceptionally, charging there, to help out, is very cool.

If we compare to a VT, it's a bit like we were approaching 10€ for 100 km, whereas usually, at home, it comes to 2.50€.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 29/05/22, 02:43

Thank you Phil, so I have an interest in getting a home charger installed.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 29/05/22, 08:12

The charger of an EV is on board, it is "inside" the car.

You then have cables, one of which ends in a 220V socket-type tip.
It is he who dialogues with the car, and allows the 220V to pass to the car.

At home, I only charge on a vulgar 220V socket, and that's enough for every day (sometimes a little tight).
You charge there at 2 kW.

In 10 hours, you have already largely given up for your daily needs, well over 100 km, even when driving at speed and "badly" for an EV.

Afterwards, you have a compromise, with the green-up socket, which allows you to collect up to 3.7 kW, if the cable allows it (usually yes).

There in 10 hours, you put about 35 kWh back into the battery, enough to do in cool driving for well over 200 km.
Taken, which cost 55€, approximately, 1-2 years ago...

Because a standard 220V socket supports 16A, for 30 minutes, and 10A, at "perpette"....
A green up, it supports 16A forever, and has a magnet in it, telling the CRO, flexicharger, cable what, you can swing the "sauce"...

Then you have the wallboxes, which are much more expensive, and see if you have any use for them.
Well there choose... because according to the VE, you will not have the maximum possible... and according to your subscription to "EDF"....

For example, on my kona, the on-board charger is 3X3.7 kW, to charge in 11 kW, therefore in three-phase.
If I take a 7kW box, with my single-phase subscription, I will only charge in 3.7 kW, no better than with a 220V green-up socket....
On a Zoé, you will charge in 7kW, provided of course you have more than 7, in subscription...

If is not that easy, if you have to take a wallbox.

If the classic 220V socket is sufficient for 95% of the time at home, then that's good!
On the other hand, it is at the mini, what it takes. Without a means of charging at home, it can be complicated.

Without a means of charging at home, I do not recommend the VE, currently....
1 x

phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 29/05/22, 09:23

I forgot to say that on the 18-22 kW terminals, most of the time, the cost per kW is around 20-25 cents per kWh, slower, of course, but clearly sufficient when you are in static in one place.
Of course, there are free terminals (I don't like it, door open to any abuse, and I don't take it into account, because often wrongly occupied), and terminals at 50 cents per kW, but the majority stay in the 20--25 cts, just a little more expensive than at home, but we're doing you a favor.

On long journeys, apart from the autonomy of the car, generally, we take fast terminals, so expensive...

For me to go to Brittany, 730 km from home, I took fast terminals.
But I chose fast terminals at a reasonable price, at less than 50 cents per kWh, or even a little less certain...

What is the point of taking a 250 kW terminal, if when you arrive at this terminal you are at more than 50% of charge, and that very quickly, you will go down.
Which allowed me to do more than 2000 km, over the week, for a total charge of 70-75€, which is honest....

I charge at almost 80 kW, up to 60% sure, after the 72-73%, we start to be in a good 50 kW, and at 80% it drops more and more...

Even on the 220V charging cable, at the end, around 95-98%, you start to equalize the cells, and sometimes you are only at 500W ....

At 98%, it becomes very long...
0 x

Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 29/05/22, 09:33

Note that for terminals (fast or not), some operators offer subscriptions or packages that put the kWh at a more attractive rate than the normal price.
To do Normandy <-> Basque Country next month, I'm going to take a 145kWh package at 45€ from Enel (that puts the kWh at just over 31ct or around 6€ per 100km on the highway)
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 29/05/22, 09:41

the electric car represents the same lure as the thermal car since it relies on energy that is costly to produce, from the mine for the extraction of materials to its use on EVs.
We are already seeing the theft of copper, necessary for the engines, which will worsen with the demand and in fact the sales of electricity will increase constantly until they reach the price of current fuels. Except that, in France in any case, almost everything is based on nuclear power (and its risks in the long term) while climate change is becoming a crucial problem for the water needed to cool nuclear power plants. This is the story of the dog running after the tail.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 29/05/22, 10:07

The only solution is to no longer consume, and to eliminate man from the planet....

But we are in the extremes...

So far on a VE there hasn't been any tank siphoning...a common thing on VTs.

THE pb is that I don't know of a miracle solution, without a counterpart.

There are solutions less worse than the others, that's all.

Don't kid yourself either, scrapping a 10-year-old VT to buy an EV is pretty stupid.

Buying a VT currently, if there is no imperative, if we find an equivalent in VE, is not terrible. I think that a very large part of the population who can charge at home, could take an EV, at least for the second vehicle.

As for the truck ... it will not always be possible for them to be electric .... (today)

What would be interesting is to be able to divide by 2 the number of thermal vehicles... already we would see "clearer"!

You absolutely do not think about the noise aspect!!!!!!!!!

The AMI could be a second EV for many, with a very low price, and a low maintenance cost....

But here, we are not in the debate whether the VE is good or not good, just to say how to use the VE.
0 x

Back to "Electric transport: cars, bicycles, public transport, planes ..."