Overproduction for swimming pools ... What mounting?

Solar thermal energy in all its forms: solar heating, hot water, choosing a solar collector, solar concentration, ovens and solar cookers, solar energy storage by heat buffer, solar pool, air conditioning and solar cold ..
Aid, counseling, fixtures and examples of achievements ...
epfyffer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: Overproduction for swimming pool ... What mounting?

by epfyffer » 10/04/20, 10:18

so I misunderstood your drawing ... What are triangles / black lines? How can you manage one or the other of the circuits? Just by activating or not the circulator of each circuit in fact?
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 10/04/20, 11:25

these are non-return valves. passive elements therefore very simple and inexpensive. they are used to ensure that when a pump is running, it does not draw water from the other circuit.
yes, only by activating the circulators or not. here again, simplicity objective, absence of complex mechanical parts.

If you want to put 3-way valves, finally only one is enough, you have to put the pump near the panels and then the valve dispatches hot water either to the tank or to the exchanger. And I always tend to put the active elements on the returns to avoid them too high T ° climbs.
0 x
epfyffer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by epfyffer » 10/04/20, 13:41

Ah perfect! I had another pictogram with a circle in mind for the non return valve ... I can see the principle, I like it very well, simple (2 tees, 2 non return, 1 pump) ... Not really want to use non v3v ...

Thank you
0 x

http://www.pouleto.ch/solaire

Our small contribution to a greener world ...
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 10/04/20, 20:15

ah yes a ball in a funnel. my drawing is that of a diode, the equivalent in electronics. I don't know if there are standardized drawings in piping
0 x
epfyffer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by epfyffer » 12/05/20, 13:03

Hello everybody

here I was able to do the editing the past WE.

The first days of tests are satisfactory, it remains to automate this via my solar regulator ... For the moment I connect and disconnect the pumps by hand.

In sunny weather the temperature increases very quickly (I went from 18 ° C (filling) to 26 ° C in two days, one of which was a little cloudy)!

But the principle of operation with the 2 non-return valves does the job .....

I noticed that the exchanger cools the solar circuit a lot, I think my pump circulates the water too quickly in the latter. In direct sunlight, the temperature at the solar collector barely exceeds 60 ° C. Remember, it was when the water was at 18 ° C, I think the more it will heat up the more the temp. to the sensor will go up too. At least, I will no longer be overheated with my sensors.

So thank you again for your help and advice. I am happy to now have my swimming pool heated by my solar installation.
0 x

epfyffer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by epfyffer » 12/05/20, 13:06

20200508_192733.jpg

20200508_192741.jpg
0 x

epfyffer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by epfyffer » 12/05/20, 13:07

sorry oops the images are at 90 ° but not on my phone nor when i click on them to open them in full screen ...? well ... turn your head : Cheesy:
0 x

epfyffer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by epfyffer » 15/05/20, 09:17

Hello,

Here yesterday there were the first rays of sun and I was able to do tests, especially at the location of my pool temperature sensor ... I am looking for the place to put it. I tested the probe at the exit of the swimming pool, placed in the water suction tube before the filter. I placed it in a PVC tube (a T in which I put the probe) just at the entrance to my technical room (1m from the swimming pool).

This morning, after a cool night (10 ° C upon waking up) I have the pump which started up again at 07:30 am automatically ... and my temperature then suddenly dropped from 11 ° C to 15 ° C !! I think it is because the probe measured more the ambient temperature rather than the water of the swimming pool, indeed without circulation the water in the PVC tube is put at the ambient temperature and when the circulation restarts the PVC tube is filled with water from the pool which was really 15 ° c. Not famous for trying to get a "stable" temperature indication. Last night it was cool but during the hot weather I would have the opposite effect, so not great in my opinion.

2020-05-15_08h57_01.png
2020-05-15_08h57_01.png (19.95 KIO) Accessed 4433 times

In addition, yesterday I noticed strange behavior when my solar circuit started up. With the temperature sensor placed where it is (before the pump and the filter, leaving the pool), as soon as the solar heating circuit is activated, I instantly gain 3 ° C !! And I lose them as soon as the circuit is cut ... As if my probe directly measured the heat gained by the exchanger. However, as the probe is placed at the furthest point from the exchanger in my circuit, I find it hard to understand how a water which passes through an exchanger, then in 15m3 of water, then in the suction tube instantly vary by 3 ° C ... Ditto why when the solar circuit is cut I lose 3 ° directly? ... As if my pulsed water in the swimming pool (therefore a little warmer) went around the surface and was immediately sucked towards the probe. Does that seem possible to you as behavior?
Here is the graph:

2020-05-15_09h13_00.png
2020-05-15_09h13_00.png (65.38 KIO) Accessed 4433 times

In short, I see that the place chosen seems inappropriate.

So I'm always looking for the best location to position my pool temperature sensor ...

Do I have to stick the probe to the outside of the liner, then protect the outside with insulation to avoid variations linked to the sun which could hit the probe? Or that I slide the probe under the liner on an edge of the pool? Or do you have another suggestion?

Thank you and A +
0 x

Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 21/05/20, 18:57

epfyffer wrote:I noticed that the exchanger cools the solar circuit a lot, I think my pump circulates the water too quickly in the latter. In direct sunlight, the temperature at the solar collector barely exceeds 60 ° C. Notice, it was when the water was 18 ° C, I think the more it will heat up the more the temp. to the sensor will go up too. At least, I will no longer be overheated with my sensors.

I guess it doesn't matter if the sensors stay at a relatively low temperature, right?
What is the purpose / purpose of this probe?
0 x
epfyffer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by epfyffer » 27/05/20, 11:41

Hi Philip,

So I have some news ... not for the problem you are quoting but for the other, that of the variation of 3/4 degrees at each switching on / off of the "swimming pool" circuit. I initially used 2 electric wires which were in a torch of msi wires in place when moving the heat pump a few years ago, to connect the control system (in my boiler room) and the heat pump (in a room next door from the cellar), and I used 4 wires from this torch for my new assembly: 2 to connect the solar circulator to 220v (delivered by the solar control from my cellar) and 2 for the blue probe which poses a problem. And I think using the cables from the same torch interfered with the electrical signal from the probe. There I used a different wire which does not rub shoulders with 220v and the temperature is stable when the solar circulation is switched on / off.

For your other question, the idea of ​​the temperature sensor is to block the heating at 30 ° C in summer to avoid having an overheated swimming pool ... I declared my swimming pool as the 2nd tank and the regulation heats the pool as soon as my DHW is at 65 ° C (around noon).
0 x

Back to "Solar thermal: solar collectors CESI, heating, hot water, stoves and solar cookers"