Europe will need 15 times more charging stations by 2030

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

Re: 15 times more charging stations will be needed in Europe by 2030

by Christophe » 20/07/20, 18:43

Tesla does well, however ...
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 20/07/20, 18:55

Christophe wrote:Tesla does well, however ...

For Tesla, its dedicated charging network, very efficient and reliable it seems, is a way to sell cars, obviously successfully.

Ionity or others (even if Ionity is initially a consortium of the main German manufacturers), it is not the same business model.
0 x
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by A.D. 44 » 20/07/20, 18:59

Ah yes we can always do it ... You just have to take charge of the work and pay the price.
0 x
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by ENERC » 20/07/20, 19:11

sicetaitsimple wrote:
Christophe wrote:Tesla does well, however ...

For Tesla, its dedicated charging network, very efficient and reliable it seems, is a way to sell cars, obviously successfully.

Ionity or others (even if Ionity is initially a consortium of the main German manufacturers), it is not the same business model.

There is another model that is emerging: the energy producer who produces for the grid and who delivers part of its production to EV charging stations. The interest is multiple:
- he sells his production more expensive: around € 0,30 per kWh in fast charge against € 0,05 (or the market price)
- it can pool the Enedis connection infrastructures: a single connection for EV charging and wind power / solar farm. You have to add 100 € per meter to go to 20 kV charging points
- it can also pool technical infrastructure on the 20kV network (transformers, cosPhi)
I suggest this report on Kallista Energy (very informative) here: https://www.automobile-propre.com/kalli ... es-rapides.
The idea for Kallista is to supply 80% of the EV loads with their wind power (and not to sell 80% of their wind power production to the EV).
The 2 wind turbines must be placed above the charging point. It is a fairly strong constraint which means that it may be necessary to exit the highway to load. This is often the case with Tesla.

Terminals below 100 - 150 kW are useless for a recent vehicle today. Either we charge at home, on the lamppost next door, or we need to refuel quickly on the highway.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 20/07/20, 19:12

AD 44 wrote:Hi,

phil59 wrote:... you will have to add the "tips" that are going well.
So there, you begin to understand, that it costs well.

It is even the biggest file on a fast load installation !!!

At work, we installed 8 22 kW terminals, and as many costs for the 8 points as for the "pipes" (and what goes well with it!) And there it was about 50m from the connection point ...

Tesla sells its cars with the service that goes with it.

Tesla's long charger is 120 kW.

Tesla, can charge almost any type of terminal, and can even charge 22 kW on "type" zoé terminals ...

Currently, on the market, there are only zoé and tesla that can charge almost everywhere in 22 kW, the others, it is at best 11 kW on the zoé terminals, 7 kW, not bad, and a few only in 3.5 kw ...

The terminals do not have to be free, it is heresy!

On the free terminals, generally you only find the locals, who plug in there, so as not to pay for the juice, and those who drive, can not charge ....

The free terminals provoke suction cups ...
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 20/07/20, 19:23

ENERC wrote:There is another model that is emerging: the energy producer who produces for the grid and who delivers part of its production to EV charging stations. The interest is multiple:
- he sells his production more expensive: around € 0,30 per kWh in fast charge against € 0,05 (or the market price)
- it can pool the Enedis connection infrastructures: a single connection for EV charging and wind power / solar farm. You have to add 100 € per meter to go to 20 kV charging points
- it can also pool technical infrastructure on the 20kV network (transformers, cosPhi)
I suggest this report on Kallista Energy (very informative) here: https://www.automobile-propre.com/kalli ... es-rapides.
The idea for Kallista is to supply 80% of the EV loads with their wind power (and not to sell 80% of their wind power production to the EV).
The 2 wind turbines must be placed above the charging point. It is a fairly strong constraint which means that it may be necessary to exit the highway to load. This is often the case with Tesla.

Terminals below 100 - 150 kW are useless for a recent vehicle today. Either we charge at home, on the lamppost next door, or we need to refuel quickly on the highway.

The point of charging "outside of civilization" is to mess around with nothing ....

The pb is real for long journeys, not for the little ones.

We are starting to arrive at 60 kWh of on-board batteries which can cover around 400 km on the road, and 250 on the motorway at 130 km / h (let's say about it, just to put the numbers!).

New chargers in 300-350 kW will emerge, but the batteries will still have to support it without damage.

Be careful, we must not fall into the trap of saying that we only need EV, but be reasonable on thermal.

It is always the excess that causes imbalances.

And the guy who does more than 500 km every day, why not ride in thermal?

Of people who do more than 500 km a day, that's a small percentage.

Will you tell me about the holidays? Well, we can well 2-3 times a year, waste a little time charging on the road, with all the time we gain to charge at home .... Then, poses, we generally do anyway, and a stop of 20 minutes, every 200 km, it is practically a minimum, and there you will do 30 minutes ... Unless you are in a hurry, to the point of not wanting to miss your appointment with death ??????
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 20/07/20, 20:13

ENERC wrote:There is another model that is emerging: the energy producer who produces for the grid and who delivers part of its production to EV charging stations. The interest is multiple:

The idea is not "technically" stupid, but I am afraid that the bundle of constraints linked to the establishment of a wind farm will make the idea flow in practice .... Develop a park of two wind turbines it is in my opinion just impossible today in mainland France.

On the other hand, let it be the icing on the cake of a large park (possibly solar for that matter) conveniently located along a highway, why not? But I'm not really convinced either ....
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 20/07/20, 20:25

Yes, not convinced, because many people do not know it, but electric cars also drive at night, and need to charge! LOL ...

I say that, for example, for Renault, where you can charge for free during the day, and not at all at night .... (this is just an example, but it's funny, or depressed ...)
0 x

sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 20/07/20, 20:50

phil59 wrote:Yes, not convinced, because many people do not know it, but electric cars also drive at night, and need to charge! LOL ...

Of course, don't make me say what I didn't say! A recharging station supplied with withdrawal from a solar park will have the same need for back-up power as if it is supplied with withdrawal from a wind farm, to recharge the vehicles that come along, whether at night or when it is not. there is no wind.
The use of this back-up will indeed be less frequent in the case of wind power than in the case of PV over one year.
On the other hand, it is still much easier technically and legally to install a PV park than a wind farm.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 20/07/20, 22:11

Don't take it "badly", it was just a remark, with no bad intentions. there is often a minimum of second degree!

It was more to "press" on the driving of the EV! 8)
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."