France, mobilization for the climate

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: France, mobilization for the climate

by Janic » 22/09/19, 10:19

you would say that you do not want to understand what Ahmed is writing. To take actions in the good sense of respect of the environment serves only to make oneself clear conscience if one does not voluntarily decrease his consumption of energy, of high-tech products.
Our neighbors have more environmental awareness but consume more than us so in the end ???
Our presence on the web is this high-tech consumption and its huge need for energy. Clearly to stop participating in it just ... not to participate. : Cheesy:
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 22/09/19, 10:49

phil53 wrote:
GuyGadebois wrote:
Remundo wrote:at the same time, those who marched may be defeated ...

there are those who scream, and those who act.

those who act are in the minority and can not hide the consumer tsunami.

Go see Friborg, you will understand that there, it acts. I know this little town well, I go there often, my sister-in-law lives there.

you would say that you do not want to understand what Ahmed is writing. To take actions in the good sense of respect of the environment serves only to make oneself clear conscience if one does not voluntarily decrease his consumption of energy, of high-tech products.
Our neighbors have more environmental awareness but consume more than us so in the end ???

The thousands of bicycles that replace cars in Freiburg are drastically reducing energy expenditure. And it's voluntary. Looks like you do not want to understand what I write ... : roll:
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Remundo

by Remundo » 22/09/19, 10:55

it is possible that in Friborg, one rolls by bicycle and one sorts well its waste. It's their honor.

Just answer a few questions:
- how are the goods transported to Friborg?
- where do they come from, with what energies have they been produced?
- what is the share of renewable energies in the electricity of Freiburg?
- How many temples of consumption are there in Friborg? (include Supermarkets, department stores, shopping malls ...)
- in Friborg, apart from food and tools / materials, what do we sell really useful?
- Even if Friborg is utopically ecological to 100% and even 200%, can it compensate for the pollution of Germany?
1 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 22/09/19, 11:14

Remundo wrote:it is possible that in Friborg, one rolls by bicycle and one sorts well its waste. It's their honor.

- How many temples of consumption are there in Friborg? (include Supermarkets, department stores, shopping malls ...)
- in Friborg, apart from food and tools / materials, what do we sell really useful?
- Even if Friborg is utopically ecological to 100% and even 200%, can it compensate for the pollution of Germany?

We can ask the same questions everywhere. Except that in Friborg there is short circuit, it is in the Black Forest. The Friborg example could apply to other cities. As a reminder, all bottles (plastic and glass) are recorded at our neighbors. The Edeka chain also promotes short circuits by refueling locally. And then, Germany is not disfigured by giant commercial areas, filthy with gigantic parking lots, cancer well French.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 22/09/19, 12:28

I agree that "good gestures" are advisable, as long as you do not delude yourself about their limits. The example of exemplary companies (?) On this subject, as in the Nordic countries, in Switzerland or in Friborg, shows that without a real desire to change the model, any mitigation of its disadvantages only serves to consolidate the current . The perfection of capitalism (or whatever name you like!) Lies in its incompleteness *, or, in other words, its capacity, not only to tolerate what opposes it, but to subvert its meaning to make it happen. an objective ally.

* Let's say it's an open system ...
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Remundo

by Remundo » 22/09/19, 15:23

1 x
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 22/09/19, 16:23

Remundo wrote:it is possible that in Friborg, one rolls by bicycle and one sorts well its waste. It's their honor.

Do not discourage / demolish initiatives that go in the right direction.
Nothing is transformed in a moment.
The speech "it's not perfect so it's M ..." disgusts me more and more.
1 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 22/09/19, 17:56

Eclectron, you write:
The speech "it's not perfect, so it's M ..." disgusts me more and more.

I dare to hope that you do not impute to me that kind of thing? : Wink: Otherwise, you make a bad interpretation of my messages. Improving the world seems to me an ambitious and necessary goal, to make it perfect is a dangerous unconsciousness because it is misleading.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 22/09/19, 18:29

Ahmed wrote:Eclectron, you write:
The speech "it's not perfect, so it's M ..." disgusts me more and more.

I dare to hope that you do not impute to me that kind of thing? : Wink: Otherwise, you make a bad interpretation of my messages. Improving the world seems to me an ambitious and necessary goal, to make it perfect is a dangerous unconsciousness because it is misleading.

There you exaggerate! Nobody talked about making the world perfect! At least I do not think so .....
I will be once is not customary in agreement with Eclectron, he thought (I think?) To various and diverse initiatives denouncing The speech "it's not perfect, so it's M ...". I agree with him.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 22/09/19, 18:57

It is sometimes necessary to exaggerate, if only by pedagogy! :D
Of course, I also agree with the sentence ofEclectron, restriction made false good ideas. What I fear is that these possible restrictions put me in a category too rigorous. All that remains to get the limit to the right place ...
0 x

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."