Roasted Pellets (Black Pellet): the new threat?

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Roasted Pellets (Black Pellet): the new threat?

by Leo Maximus » 22/12/23, 19:25

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:
Leo Maximus wrote:Another German thermal power plant, that of Niederaußem

The figures are approximately the same as those of Neurath, i.e. 1 kg of coal to produce 1 kWh of electricity.

And in electrical efficiency, regarding the non-decommissioned units, this plant is given for 32/34% to 43,2/44,2%. According to your link.

The lower the calorific value, the more fuel is required.

For a power plant running on peat, how much would it take to produce 1 kWh of electricity? 10kg? 20kg?
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 22/12/23, 19:36

You're in fiction with the peat. I followed your links and answered (by proxy, thanks to them) your question "Where is the 40% efficiency? Where?". Well there... it's written in all letters (in all numbers, therefore). : Mrgreen:
Afterwards, it is quite obvious that I am not in favor of coal-fired power stations, but that was not the question.
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 22/12/23, 22:08

I'm not into fiction with peat, not at all.

For example in Finland: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toppila_Power_Station

Etc... And we have a much better "yield" than with coal... : Lol: Obviously.

We are not finished with the fossil... unfortunately.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 22/12/23, 22:37

...not to mention lignite, which is much more widely used, and which is an imperfect coal, and therefore a poor fuel.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 23/12/23, 12:38

To Maximus Leo:
the numbers you cite, even though they come from the same Wikipedia page, are absolutely inconsistent. If the Germans announce their most recent power plants with efficiencies above 40%, it is because they have obtained them, which is probable with steam temperatures above 600°C.
As for the 0,3kWh/kg for pellets, I wondered if this was not the quantity of electricity needed to manufacture 1kg of pellets (grinding, granulation, etc.). But you have the source, I don't know how to verify it.

PS for Ahmed: du lignite, not for the lignite, which does not change anything in the PCI.
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 23/12/23, 12:44

Leo Maximus wrote:I'm not into fiction with peat, not at all.

The discussion focused on German coal-fired power plants and their efficiency. No peat power plant.
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 23/12/23, 15:19

sicetaitsimple wrote:To Maximus Leo:
the numbers you cite, even though they come from the same Wikipedia page, are absolutely inconsistent. If the Germans announce their most recent power plants with efficiencies above 40%, it is because they have obtained them, which is probable with steam temperatures above 600°C.
As for the 0,3kWh/kg for pellets, I wondered if this was not the quantity of electricity needed to manufacture 1kg of pellets (grinding, granulation, etc.). But you have the source, I don't know how to verify it.

PS for Ahmed: du lignite, not for the lignite, which does not change anything in the PCI.

Absolutely ! This data is completely inconsistent: 90% of the energy produced is lost but the efficiency is very good... : Lol: . It's Wikipedia, anyone can contribute as long as there are links. Wikipedia is very good, you just have to sort it out and take certain things with a pinch of salt.

1 kg of coal/lignite producing 1 kWh of electricity is about the average for German power plants. The USA does better, on average there, it is 2 kWh for 1 kg of coal.

For Cordemais pellets, it is in the PDF published by EDF which takes stock of Ecocombust Phase 1. It gives the quantity of pellets consumed by Ecocombust Phase 1, then the quantity of electricity produced by this tonnage of pellets. . Just do a division. This is not good ?

N.B.: I come to Ahmed's aid by pointing out that there is hesitation about the gender of the word "lignite". Using the feminine is therefore not a mistake. A link about this: https://www.espacefrancais.com/le-feminin-des-noms/
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 23/12/23, 15:35

Leo Maximus wrote:A
For Cordemais pellets, it is in the PDF published by EDF which takes stock of Ecocombust Phase 1. It gives the quantity of pellets consumed by Ecocombust Phase 1, then the quantity of electricity produced by this tonnage of pellets. . Just do a division. This is not good ?

well publish the PDF or the link if it exists rather than playing cat and mouse!
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 23/12/23, 16:47

I like the feminine, we're not going to repeat it, "lignite" is apparently a word of a poorly defined genre (it's fashionable!); It's still a minor point that doesn't bother me... 8) ...but thank you for your support, Leo Maximus!
You write:
1 kg of coal/lignite producing 1 kWh of electricity

I doubt that there is equivalence between the calorific value of coal and (or) lignite...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 23/12/23, 17:32

Ahmed wrote:I doubt that there is equivalence between the calorific value of coal and (or) lignite...

Lignite (sorry!) is often 50% water and quite a bit of ash. So actually a PCI not necessarily extraordinary.
That said, it still burns well in power plants designed for it. These "stupid" Germans still produce around 20% of their electricity over the year with...They must not have consulted Wikipedia
0 x