My kitchen garden of the least effort

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: My kitchen garden of the least effort

by Moindreffor » 08/02/21, 18:02

Did67 wrote:
GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:My wife's grandfather put them in a large trunk in the cellar (buried) and covered them with earth to avoid too sudden temperature variations. They were not germinating.

Ah here is a track! I try to make it germinate, to make plants. But at home, I have underfloor heating with a thick slab, so the temperature drops very, very little ...

me they are on the radiator cover, so it rises a little in temperature above 25 ° C, and it drops when the heating is not running without dropping below 17 * 18 ° C in the room, I would have to measure the temperature see the hottest and lowest

oh yes those put in aluminum trays, I put them on standby in the almost dry soil, directly on the radiator and so there it heated up well, surely over 30 ° C so does this rather high temperature rise them broke out of dormancy?

it will be a test for next year, since I cut the potato in half
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 11/02/21, 16:59

yesterday, switch to the local Action and find
rigid-clamp-Romberg.jpg
greenhouse-rigid-Romberg.jpg (22.67 KiB) Viewed 1179 times

at a price of 2.5 € each while elsewhere it is on average 7.5 € suddenly I took 4 why that 4 finally
0 x
(of me)
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 11/02/21, 18:01

I don't have an Action near where I live, but right now there are some cool promotions in a lot of stores. I went to the Leclerc garden at the start of the week, the ten meter winter sail for 2,80, 40 l planters on foot with cover to make a greenhouse 15 euros I think, and a lot of other things, it lasts everything the month of February apparently.
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 13/02/21, 22:20

I try the sweet potato layering
on the other hand, my punnets of sweet potatoes on potting soil went into a mini-greenhouse, and suddenly the mini-greenhouse protrudes from the edge of the radiator cover and therefore benefits even more heat, it further boosts the growth with the ambient humidity effect, c are the tropics for them : Mrgreen:
0 x
(of me)
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 25/02/21, 20:04

I take advantage of the good weather, what a pleasure to be outside in the Sun, a little hay display

I therefore crash
2 rows of winter garlic, I know it's late, but hey it's from the plan I had
3 rows of shallots here I am in the nails, I have to buy a little I would like to put 5 rows as before
then I have the yellow onions to put in place, a bag bought and my own production from last year, for the red onions I will wait a little longer, because from experience planted too early they vernalize and go up to seeds, so it will be for April

on the sweet potato side, my layering worked, I see a small stalk coming out, and today I made two cuttings, I had tried a cutting from a stem that had broken, it was withered on the end, I thought it was screwed up, and the great mistake, there were roots, so I put in the ground again we'll see

my pdt plants which had started to germinate, were placed in shelves and are put outside every day, the sprouts slowly take a beautiful purple color, and grow a little, it's okay I caught up on time

otherwise, after watching Didier's last video, I went to see my beets which had no more leaves, the week of frost at -10 -12 ° C broke everything, and I found a few more very firm, suddenly torn off, immediately cooked and they made the entry of our supper

otherwise I will sow the leek, onions, yellow and red in a terrine as soon as possible, warm and put it in the mini greenhouse outside since they are not afraid of frost

this return of good weather launched my season
1 x
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 25/02/21, 21:52

Moindreffor wrote:
then I have the yellow onions to put in place, a bag bought and my own production from last year, for the red onions I will wait a little longer, because from experience planted too early they vernalize and go up to seeds, so it will be for April

Did you produce small bulbils ("seeds")?

Otherwise, the bulbs, overdeveloped, have become sensitive to cold and will go to seeds ... Bulbs over 25 mm in diameter go up ...
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 25/02/21, 22:18

Moindreffor wrote:2 rows of winter garlic

To actually see what it gives

I had left part of my "production" in the ground (to do like potatoes)
I thought everything was gone but it's starting to come out, but like in previous years in other corners, in less quantity than it should
A priori, even if it is still a little early to tell, we can leave the garlic in the ground but there is winter loss.
To be continued
0 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 26/02/21, 07:14

Moindreffor wrote:this return of good weather launched my season

It's true, that it gives a boost, especially since all around nature has awakened with an impressive speed, and that I have a lot of things in progress plus multiple projects to come ... gonna take me two or three days of very organized laziness : Lol:
1 x
Edmond Rostand
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 26/02/21, 07:26

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:A priori, even if it is still a little early to tell, we can leave the garlic in the ground but there is winter loss.
To be continued

My forgotten garlic from last year, which for some started to come out at the end of summer, is doing very well for the moment. They got through the period of the permanent float well, which even in my sandy soil caused a waterlogged soil (I planted shrubs the day before yesterday, the sand is still wet on the first 50 cm of the ground). With the sweetness they will surely quickly mounted in flower, I will leave some, and others will be castrated.
0 x
Edmond Rostand
Did67

by Did67 » 26/02/21, 08:54

A video on the subject is being uploaded - I am warning you: two hours will have to be found!

Resistance of garlic as cloves underground: - 20 ° C at least; the plant, once it has germinated, it is - 10 to - 15 ° C !!! One of the most resistant plants therefore.
1 x