Best lounge indirect lighting LED fluorescent tubes?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
hic
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by hic » 22/04/15, 20:55

What is this DIY ??

to review!
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 23/04/15, 00:39

Hello,
28500 lumens to brighten a living room is huge.
By cons, it is 80 lumens / watt, not better with the current leds.
Putting reflectors behind the tubes will save 50% of light.
If the ballast is electromagnetic, it is better to replace it with electronics.
0 x
hic
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by hic » 23/04/15, 10:34

Hi davidex
The number of tubes is to be divided by 4
Your existing installation has a yield of 25% - before ceiling reflection
(70% for a fluo with standard reflector, 90% for a car headlight)

In equivalence,
a directional led tube at 180 °, ie 8000 lumens in total.
*** http://www.globalsources.com/si/AS/Fush ... 222662.htm ***
davidex wrote:After checking, I have 10 tubes with these references: Sylvania ES Standard - F36W / 133-ST, 1m20 in length.

I found the following characteristics for these tubes:
- 36W consumption.
- Cold white
- G13
- 2850 lumens per tube.

I have 5 tubes for the back of the room, and 5 for the front of the room (I can turn on either one or both).

If I am not mistaken, I have 5x2850 = 14250 lumens for each side of my living room?

To reach the same level of brightness with LED ribbons, so I would have to install 14 for each side?

: - /

I'm wrong somewhere?
0 x
davidex
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by davidex » 23/04/15, 15:01

Hic wrote:What is this DIY ??
to review!

This is the owner before that made this assembly, it is in the state ... where all these questions to go to something more up-to-date.

=> I am a buyer if you can offer me a clean and optimized assembly diagram, allowing to light 5 tubes at the same time.

Hic wrote:The number of tubes is to be divided by 4
Your existing installation has a yield of 25% - before ceiling reflection (70% for a fluo with standard reflector, 90% for a car headlight)

I did not understand the reasoning: If I divide by 4 the number of tubes, I will have a lit surface more intense, but downright smaller and less uniform, right? And the link that Hic provides leads me to tubes of 500 lumens, 6 times less than the ones I currently have. I missed something it looks like ...
0 x
- Audacious Fortuna Juvat -
davidex
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by davidex » 23/04/15, 15:15

izentrop wrote:Hello,
28500 lumens to brighten a living room is huge.
Putting reflectors behind the tubes will save 50% of light.
If the ballast is electromagnetic, it is better to replace it with electronics.

- If I get 50% more brightness by putting reflectors behind my tubes, and the current brightness suits me, so I can use LED tubes less strong than those currently installed (2850 lumens)?

- It is this kind of reflector which you are talking about?

- Ok to replace my ballast with electronics, but I did not see any separate ballast in my chute. Each support may contain an integrated ballast + a starter (certain for this last point, given the photo taken). It's possible ? Are there supports with integrated electronic ballasts?
0 x
hic
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by hic » 23/04/15, 19:13

Hi davidex
we do differently
we divide the consumption by 4,
an installation of 100W in leds should suffice.

a strip of LEDs at 120 leds per meter,
for 600 lumens / meter,
and about 10W the meter

davidex wrote:
Hic wrote:What is this DIY ??
to review!

This is the owner before that made this assembly, it is in the state ... where all these questions to go to something more up-to-date.

=> I am a buyer if you can offer me a clean and optimized assembly diagram, allowing to light 5 tubes at the same time.

Hic wrote:The number of tubes is to be divided by 4
Your existing installation has a yield of 25% - before ceiling reflection (70% for a fluo with standard reflector, 90% for a car headlight)

I did not understand the reasoning: If I divide by 4 the number of tubes, I will have a lit surface more intense, but downright smaller and less uniform, right? And the link that Hic provides leads me to tubes of 500 lumens, 6 times less than the ones I currently have. I missed something it looks like ...
0 x
davidex
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by davidex » 24/04/15, 18:54

Hic wrote:Hi davidex
we do differently
we divide the consumption by 4,
an installation of 100W in leds should suffice.

a strip of LEDs at 120 leds per meter,
for 600 lumens / meter,
and about 10W the meter

Excellent idea ! References to provide me for such a headband LED 120 LED per meter?
0 x
tarassboulba
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Best indirect lighting living room by fluorescent tubes LED?

by tarassboulba » 09/02/16, 10:15

Hello, (I dig up this thread a little)
It's a pity that davidex did not indicate feedback on the solution he ended up using for his indirect lighting.
He had to deal with weight constraints because the cornice seemed light!

For my part, as indirect lighting I installed tubes above a cabinet, controlled by radio receivers (solution without work). As reflector mirrors were slid between the carcass and the tube of neon lights. But there are aluminum parabolic reflectors that attach directly to the tube and allow greater directivity of the light source. (Reflectors pure aquarium tubes - reflector-tube-fluorescent - cost 8-12 € minimum for a tube)

Ideally, it should have a surface (ceiling or wall) of a matt white that allows a good diffusion.

It seemed to me that fluorescent tube and LED was almost identical for the lumen / watt output (taking into account the drop in performance of fluorescent tubes?)
Having a good reflector integrated in the fluorescent tube could correspond to the use of led tubes which have a more directive light (glare if direct look?)

For the return on investment in term (given the price of fluorescent tubes / led?), Should not this give the advantage to the fluorescent tube?
0 x