Making a survival house (SDF)

philosophical debates and companies.
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Making a survival house (SDF)

by the middle » 04/12/14, 09:09

Hello from Belgium,
We live in a strange world, and that does not improve with time.
From time to time I help the poorest in my own way with + - success.
:D
For example, I managed to get 6000 euros from my boss, to build a school in India, I also bought a cow to a widow still in India, I gave money to a gypsy (never again ).
I offered a nice Christmas meal to someone who lived in a caravan without heating (he's done murder, pcq his friends sdf we thought he had money ...)
So, help is sometimes good, and sometimes dangerous ...
It was the intro : Cheesy:
Here is my last idea:
Making a survival space for homeless
The main idea is to use a car parking space to place this house.
the second idea is that this cottage must fit in a trailer. (history of moving it easily)
I'm in no hurry to complete this project.
Third idea: make these pretty houses, see identical (to less disturb the rich)
Another idea, to propose to the "big stores" to install only one of these dwellings of shame, in their parking lot, one person per day can give a meal, or better, the supermarket can offer the "obsolete" goods.
I don't want to tinker, I want a "well-made" survival place
That's why I need your ideas.
Example, to install a detector Co, in case ...
Another example is putting a garbage can that does not take up space
Or, put an external chart, which allows you to write what you want, for example, I am sdf, and I look for work, or, I have a headache, you would have a dafalgan for me .
In short, I need ideas in every way, for example to criticize my idea, or support it, but we must remember the main idea, namely a transportable survival module, which takes the place of car parking.
An artist did this kind of realization:
http://dailygeekshow.com/2014/05/13/dec ... sans-abri/
With your pencils please
please
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 04/12/14, 17:46

I thought about it a few weeks ago.

There is already the idea of ​​recycling containers.

Or, a freestanding thing in polyurethane slabs.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 05/12/14, 09:01

Small personal reflection following a report on Peru (kind of reality TV)
In a hilltop village, 4500 meters, people help each other,
they call it reciprocity ....
But an illness begins to affect this village, it is called money .., I work for you, provided you give me money.
I find it a little sad that this principle of reciprocity has become so rare in our time.
I decided to help with my means, but one day, I will be more than certainly in trouble, because the current system breaks the family.
And nobody will be there to help me.
A crazy example, in Poland, a baker gave his unsold bread to the poor, he received a big almond as a gift (vat, etc ...)
To meditate :D
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 05/12/14, 21:24

To follow up the end of your message, our companies admit the gift (tax deductible, under conditions!), But not free that goes against the creation of value: the generosity is incompatible with the market!

I followed with interest a local institutional initiative concerning the temporary accommodation of a certain category of homeless people who did not correspond to the usual solutions.
Party with excellent feelings and implemented by people (at least some ...) estimable, this project has materialized by a mobile home placed in a secure enclosure and lined with surveillance cameras, with strict regulations that go with ... In short, something that is the exact opposite of the original purpose.

What surprised me the most was the unanimous satisfaction, including those of people really involved and compassionate ... but totally foreign to the subject of their concerns.
A mess of resources and volunteer commitment.

It seems that, apart from constituting a good com 'support, he would have found a job in the temporary family home ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Flytox

by Flytox » 05/12/14, 23:03

Hello Lejuste

These "dwellings" are a "good" solution .... in the very short term. On the basis of the problem, this will not improve their condition much ...

In the things that disturb me, there is also when it is built in very flammable material (wood, plastics etc ...), the inhabitant rather in a lying position (given the height), which heats up I do not know too much how in a well confined space .... Some have a heating / sleeping pill "complementary", with alcohol which melts pass in quantity directly behind the tie. There are all the ingredients there to make accidents / dramas ... :|

See as well:

https://www.econologie.com/forums/systeme-an ... 13354.html
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 06/12/14, 01:42

There can be more simple.

In my corner, the shelters of the Civil Protection (anti-atomic shelters that each owner has the duty to build according to the law, aaah the paranoid ...) are used for the homeless during the winter.

And also more complicated but better adapted: it is necessary above all (and in my humble opinion) to insist that these projects can only be "inch shots"temporary (during the cold season). Because it is not desirable - for the" assisted "themselves - to take the place of a providential situation which ends up dragging on (it would be well that a kind of contract "with themselves", so that they express the will to get by and the prospects that they imagine to achieve it, or something ...). Otherwise, we quickly take the risk that the person received does not finish "settling down" in this type of situation (despite the constraints that this type of situation suggests), even if (and especially if) it is judged precarious ...!

So - apart from the heavy work suggested by the construction of this type of habitat - there must be in every commune, premises that have no function in winter and that would be convertible into shelters for the night (like uncovered pools, and other open-air baths near bodies of water, there are already often shower cabins, toilets, reception etc, and as there is always ample parking nearby, only remains to install these temporary houses). There are also rest areas on the holiday route and very little used in winter (there are also facilities, toilets, running water, parking etc) and the municipality can close the access or allow access The army, for example, certainly has dormitories / transportable and / or dismountable campaign hospitals, which could be suitable. And that would be an exercise for the troop (which would then not be completely useless like what they do to the troufions in time of peace, just to occupy them ...).

There are also desert tourist sites in winter. Here, there is existing infrastructure, as probably closed campgrounds (there must be exemptions). Or some summer camp sites (closed in winter). And even disused or closed hotels during these seasons, which could find a new seasonal vocation ...

The idea of ​​having an infrastructure is interesting, because then there can be volunteers who take care of the grain (safety, calm, calls for help if needed, compliance with the rules in force in the camp! Security, etc.)

The idea of ​​placing it in a dimension that fits on a parking space is interesting, especially as we can put this house on 4 piles (4 IPN welded + bolted to the chassis of the container, for example, would hold very good). Problem, no infrastructure is available on a parking lot, there may be neighborhood complaints and depredation on regularly parked vehicles, even if it does not come from the homeless / they will be immediately pointed at.

And not sure that a homeless person reaches the degree of responsibility sufficient to manage himself a home that would be made available. These people need permanent assistance (hence the accidents that are known when they are left to their own devices: fires, hypothermia, alcohol, drugs, even external violence caused by extraordinary behavior, without even count the flights see physical aggression!) There are others who need to confront a field of challenge, and so many other cases, all more heterogeneous than each other.

Let's say that in order not to have to redo all the prerequisites to manage this kind of project, perhaps it would save time to contact the services that already take care of it, they will be able to shed light on the difficulties that can be encountered and also discover the legal responsibilities that must be guarded, not to put oneself in trouble as an initiator!

Nice project that must be greeted with a big hat trick of course! Image as much as the greatness of soul it takes to think about it, project it and achieve the desired result! Hat low Le_Juste.
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 06/12/14, 07:07

Hello everybody
1 + for your insightful answers
I'll start by asking the opinion of social services in the area.
0 x
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: Making a survival cottage (SDF)

by 1360 » 06/12/14, 09:19

Hello,

lejustemilieu wrote: Here is my last idea:
Making a survival space for homeless
The main idea is to use a car parking space to place this house.
the second idea is that this cottage must fit in a trailer. (history of moving it easily)

Third idea: make these pretty houses, see identical .....

I don't want to tinker, I want a "well done" survival place ....

but we must remember the main idea, namely a transportable survival module, which takes the place of car parking.

What you think of already exists, it's called a caravan! I suppose that your project is based on a (very) limited budget, but there are cheap used caravans that will have the advantage of being already approved for road riding, which will facilitate travel.

lejustemilieu wrote: I gave money to a gypsy (never again).

:D

Playing the Saint Bernard is good, but put the fingers in the grip, it hurts! Never do that, Image

A+
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 06/12/14, 10:55

As a simple, efficient, fast and cheap for homeless, but not that, there is, in my opinion, a very interesting track: caravans that go to scrap.

A few years ago, I parked my horses in isolated places, fields that were lent to me and where it was difficult to store food away from wind, rain and moisture (fodder, cereals , granules, etc.). I had the idea to go around the local camping to ask them if they did not have one or more caravans that encumbered them to store food: there are hundreds of them that are no longer used and which go to scrap, and which have been given to me!

Most of the campsites I have requested are particularly interested because they pay for each removal. In general it is the owner of the caravan, the client of the campsite, who assumes this cost of removal, and it is quite expensive: about 500 € per kidnapping. To get rid of a caravan for free therefore interests the campsite, which makes a gesture for its client, and the owner who pays nothing.

Generally, it happens the following thing: foreign tourists (English, German, Dutch, ...), even French, are faithful customers of camping and leave their caravan on the spot at the year for a very modest rent. Then a summer they come with a new caravan, more modern, more comfortable, bigger and asks the campsite to get rid of the old one.

Some camping call me at the end of the season to offer me to come and recover who must go to the break.

I transformed the most damaged into trailers (beware, the dismantling of a caravan is a gas plant, there is everything: plastics, metals, glass wool, polystyrene, wood, glass, and sometimes asbestos or radioactive materials : some old foreign smoke detectors!)

I gave dozens of caravans including associations, friends, equestrian centers (to house trainees on site), or people in need. When I advertised on LBC and the caravan was leaving in the hour!

I realized that many applicants (students, precarious workers, sdf) were people who lodged year-round camping, vacant land or private land left at their disposal.

At campsites that get rid of caravans, there are also many individuals who have a caravan in their garden and who proposes to give it to who comes to get it. Recently, a campsite closed in my town: several dozen caravans and mobile home ended on a wasteland before being destroyed and evacuated.

I am surprised that this trail has never been exploited by associations or social services seeking emergency housing solutions, or even that the state services are not more concerned about the destruction of these caravans potentially very polluting.
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 06/12/14, 11:36

Yes, starting from what already exists is a good track (rarely explored by institutions that are obsessed with standards and prefer more prestigious projects).

For what you fear, Obamot, the risk that these temporary solutions do not drag on and that a voluntary approach of leaving precariousness would be necessary, it is necessary to know that a good part of this population suffers from psychological disorders (cause or consequence) which make in good part this hope is illusory.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."

Back to "Society and Philosophy"